Johnny Jolly charged with possession again

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was codeine, not coke. If it was coke they found he'd be done, without a doubt.

Hate to burst your bubble my friend, but it was coke. He was busted for codeine on an earlier charge...this one is new. Get your facts before you post.

From Rotoworld

"CBS Houston reports that Packers DE Johnny Jolly was arrested for possession of cocaine on Friday morning.
He's not going to play in the NFL again. Jolly, 28, was already under a league-imposed indefinite for being a prominent member of the Houston drug trade from 2006 through May of 2008. The former Packers starter was booked at 12:45AM early Friday after police discovered 600 grams of cocaine in his car following a routine traffic stop. It's a felony charge and will ensure that Roger Goodell does not lift Jolly's suspension anytime soon."

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I worried disassociating himself from his ‘home boys’ in Houston would be too much for him. Either 1) he couldn’t do that, 2) the addiction was too much for him, or 3) he’s the dumbest human ever to live. He obviously doesn’t posses average intelligence but honestly I don’t think its number 3.

I doubt he’ll ever play in the NFL again. His plea bargain included staying clean so in addition to the new charges – including another substance sent away for analysis – the judge will probably reinstate prison time for his initial offense. So he has that going for him for no matter what happens with the new criminal charges. IMO the smartest thing he could have done as soon as the plea bargain was done was to ask the court/DA for permission to move to Green Bay full time – and he could’ve brought his mother along. Unfortunately he’s not smart.

Good luck with the rest of your life, Johnny. You’ll have lots of time to consider what could have been.

Thank goodness Thompson drafted Mike Neal last year. He’ll probably draft another DL in the first 3-4 rounds but as long as Capers is the DC, the impact of Jolly’s behavior won’t affect the Packers much. I don’t see Thompson “panicking” and paying Jenkins a ton of money – that’s not Thompson’s MO. BTW, the Packers do own Jolly's rights but I doubt he’ll ever be reinstated. IMO if he gets jail time for his previous crime, Thompson will release his rights, if not before.

Rodgers Forever beat me to it on some of this...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hate to burst your bubble my friend, but it was coke. He was busted for codeine on an earlier charge...this one is new. Get your facts before you post.

From Rotoworld

"CBS Houston reports that Packers DE Johnny Jolly was arrested for possession of cocaine on Friday morning.
He's not going to play in the NFL again. Jolly, 28, was already under a league-imposed indefinite for being a prominent member of the Houston drug trade from 2006 through May of 2008. The former Packers starter was booked at 12:45AM early Friday after police discovered 600 grams of cocaine in his car following a routine traffic stop. It's a felony charge and will ensure that Roger Goodell does not lift Jolly's suspension anytime soon."

not to be a **** but I think you got your "facts" wrong.

Rotoworld used cbs houston as a source. Click on it. It says...

While searching the vehicle, police discovered that Jolly was in possession of 600 grams of Codeine, which is a felony charge. Police also discovered another unidentified substance, which has been sent in for testing.

Johnny Jolly Charged With Possession Again « CBS Houston

But your not the only one to think that, its being misreported like that all over the internet.
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/42272413/ns/sports-player_news/

weird, they all site the same source but get the info wrong.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
"Houston police spokesman Victor Senties said Jolly was pulled over about 12:45 a.m. Friday. Senties said officers discovered a bottle containing 600 grams of codeine under the passenger's seat and another bottle with an unidentified substance in the driver's side door."

from espn, who knows what the " undisclosed substance was"
Johnny Jolly of Green Bay Packers arrested on another drug charge - ESPN

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I really hope he gets the help he so obviously needs. I wish drug addiction on no one.

Buy let's wait and see where this goes. 600 grams of codeine can be a bottle of cough syrup. Maybe it's not what we think.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said when he was arrested last year, he had the world by the *ss and *issed it away. I have no time for drug users and less time for drug dealers... I have an idea to curb the use of illegal drugs, lets fire up "old Sparky" for those convicted of dealing them.

*sshole

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a ******* moron. A sizzurp addiction??? Seriously...The only thing he is addicted to is the club and being a *******.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a dumb idiot. Sometimes, it's not about a guy being in poverty or just being poor for why he do what he do.
This guy's made more in 3 years than most of us in 20 years, yet he still be who he be.
You can't change some people.

Stupid Foo.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brilliant. Gets busted on 200 grams and decides the best thing to do is triple the amount.

He's no Norman Einstein!

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I really hope he gets the help he so obviously needs. I wish drug addiction on no one.

Buy let's wait and see where this goes. 600 grams of codeine can be a bottle of cough syrup. Maybe it's not what we think.

From what I've found, prescription strength cough syrup has 10 mg of codeine per 5 ml of syrup. The reports say that he had 600 grams of codeine, which would be equivalent to 300 liters of cough syrup. Say the average bottle of cough syrup has about 12 fluid ounces, that would be about 845 bottles of cough syrup (10,144 total fl oz or 79.25 gallons of cough syrup). That's a little bit more than a bottle of cough syrup.

It's possible that there could be cough syrups with higher concentration of codeine or that my calculations are wrong, but that's still a whole heck of a lot of it.

L

Lunchboxer

Dammit what an Idiot.

I hate seeing good talent doing stuff like this.

Well TT has time to make a good draft pick now. Can't wait to see who TT picks in the draft. So exciting.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its ridiculous but what I think about codeine is irrelevant at this time. What Jollys trouble is that he chucked a turd at a judge who appeared to be cutting him some slack and all he had to do was stay clean for a year.

I was looking forward to seeing him come back and play for the Packers. Its hard to imagine he isn't going to jail now.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he was looking at up to 20 years for 200 grams I would assume he will get some serious time for 3x that amount on top of this being a violation to his probation for the first time.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
From some of the comments I wonder if some question whether or not someone can become addicted to codeine or if some would “feel better” if Jolly were abusing a better known illegal substance. As far as I know codeine addiction is real and Jolly would be in trouble if he was arrested with comparable amounts of methamphetamine, crack, or prescription pain killers, for example.

- - -

How do you think the Packers retention of Jolly correlates with the idea of “Packer people”? Not with regard to his most recent arrest but his first one. Shortly after July of 2008 the Packers knew Jolly was in a vehicle in an area known for drug dealing and violence. In the vehicle with him were three “friends”, an unregistered hand gun, marijuana and 200 grams of “purple drank” sitting next to him. Sometime later we read that at least some in the Houston police department believed Jolly was involved in the drug trade in Houston. Jolly’s appearance and attitude at his initial court appearances made me question how seriously he viewed his predicament, but even if you disregard that, consider that the Packers knew a lot about this situation and Jolly played all of 2008 and 2009. If he were a Raider, that would not be note-worthy because he had not been convicted yet. But what does what we, and the Packers, knew before the 2008 season say about the concept of “Packer people”?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From some of the comments I wonder if some question whether or not someone can become addicted to codeine or if some would “feel better” if Jolly were abusing a better known illegal substance. As far as I know codeine addiction is real and Jolly would be in trouble if he was arrested with comparable amounts of methamphetamine, crack, or prescription pain killers, for example.

- - -

How do you think the Packers retention of Jolly correlates with the idea of “Packer people”? Not with regard to his most recent arrest but his first one. Shortly after July of 2008 the Packers knew Jolly was in a vehicle in an area known for drug dealing and violence. In the vehicle with him were three “friends”, an unregistered hand gun, marijuana and 200 grams of “purple drank” sitting next to him. Sometime later we read that at least some in the Houston police department believed Jolly was involved in the drug trade in Houston. Jolly’s appearance and attitude at his initial court appearances made me question how seriously he viewed his predicament, but even if you disregard that, consider that the Packers knew a lot about this situation and Jolly played all of 2008 and 2009. If he were a Raider, that would not be note-worthy because he had not been convicted yet. But what does what we, and the Packers, knew before the 2008 season say about the concept of “Packer people”?
VERY good point.
Jolly was a first time offender, if I'm not mistaken, and he was going to be suspended and was under contract, so it was very likely that he wouldn't make much fuss in the media after a while.

Think about it. Would anybody be questioning that if he didn't commit the 2nd stupid mistake and was re-instated with the team?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't. The problem though is he DID commit the second mistake.
Of course, but the point is, if you wouldn't, as I wound't, then the Packers made the right move with the wait and see approach they took after his first convitcion.

They will be making the wrong move if they don't cut him now, though.

Though I'm not sure if any roster moves can be made during this lockout...

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Part of Jolly’s 2010 deal was to get drug tested regularly and according to a jsonline story, “to serve 160 hours of community service, including making 10 speaking engagements in the Houston area on avoiding drug use, during the year-long period. Those will be coordinated through a court drug intervention program called STAR, according to attorneys.”

I wonder if the STAR program is going to go back to the audiences in each of Jolly’s speaking engagements, apologize and tell them to disregard everything he said? I wonder if they might consider a change to their program? Perhaps they should have speakers whose lives have shown real evidence of turning away from drugs before they send ‘em out to preach to others? It's pretty obvious Jolly didn't believe what he was saying - what possible good could he do for an audience?

Members online

Latest posts