Johnny Jolly Avoids Jail Time...Could Play in 2011

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ivo610,

I didn't include that part because you had already made that point but no one posted the stats included in that article that I did post. And, of course, I provided the link.

BTW, I do find it interesting that you propose a trade of Finley in which you say "1 and a 2 would be pretty enticing" and allege that kind of compensation would be available for a player you don't think makes the Packers better.

And again, Finley played the first FOUR games and got hurt right away vs. Washington.

He started 5 games. I didnt cut out the game rodgers got hurt or the game rodgers didnt play, just went with the games that the player started. If you would would like to work the numbers based on 4 games and however many minutes he played in the 5th be my guest.

Right, I feel we could possibly get a #1 and #2 for a player that didnt make the 2010 Packers better. It doesnt mean he wouldnt work for another team. While you can argue if it was right, its not unheard of. In fact the Broncos traded Brandon Marshall to Miami for 2 2nds. McNabb was traded to Washington last year. Brady Quinn was traded to the Broncos. Dont forget Brett Favre was a 2nd round pick that was traded for a 1st bc the team felt he was not working out for them yet they knew he was valuable.

I know each of those trades was its own situation but the point of naming them was to point out that teams trade players that other teams consider "valuable" even though they see it didnt exactly work out for the team that drafted them.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
In the article I linked, McCarthy was quoted as saying this about Finley: “"I love that kid, man. He's so competitive, and he loves to play football. He makes us a better football team. Not just because of his ability and his uniqueness, but also his competitive spirit. We missed him from a competitive standpoint. That guy loves to perform. Every day. In everything we do." (Caveat: There are other quotes in the article I have not quoted here. Everyone should feel free to read that article, and every other source available and quote whatever they want.)

I’m not a sheep or a follower either and of course no is saying you aren’t entitled to your opinion. But if nearly everyone who knows something about a subject, including successful professionals I respect who live and breathe the subject, believe one thing and I believe the opposite, that would give me pause. Doesn’t mean I would be wrong, of course but I’d give that possibility a wide berth. Along those lines, what if McCarthy continues to play Finley as much as he did in the first four games last year and what if Thompson extends his contract in season? Will they be wrong too?

With regard to the stats: Finley played one snap in the fifth game of the year and then got hurt. If you want to include that as a full game played go ahead: IMO doing so weakens your argument.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts