John Khun re-signed

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nice find, i dont get why they would even ask if this effects us getting westbrook it doesnt at all.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nice find, i dont get why they would even ask if this effects us getting westbrook it doesnt at all.

It's because Khun plays a hybrid HB/FB role. On goal line sets Khun is used to play both a reciever on passing plays and a trucking Rb on running plays. Simce Khun already plays the third down back pretty well it wouldn't make sense to go after Westbrook.

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
westbrook is a true 3rd down back i would take westbrook on third down any day over kuhn.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's because Khun plays a hybrid HB/FB role. On goal line sets Khun is used to play both a reciever on passing plays and a trucking Rb on running plays. Simce Khun already plays the third down back pretty well it wouldn't make sense to go after Westbrook.
He plays the short yardage back. Not the 3rd down. Brandon Jackson is the 3rd down back, and a good one.

But Westbrook is on another level, as far as a backfield threat.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But can Westbrook last an entire season? And I'm not just talking about his history of concussions. There is a reason why a player like him is still unemployed.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But can Westbrook last an entire season? And I'm not just talking about his history of concussions. There is a reason why a player like him is still unemployed.
that is the question. But we also have Brandon Jackson who can't stay healthy. What are the odds that BOTH get injuried at the same time?

Between the 2, we could have a very solid backfield, with Grant as the feature back...

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly your only going to pay Westbrook a small incentive laiden contract. Why not take a chance on the guy, if it turns out he can't cut it, then Oh well, but if he turns out to be anything like the back he has been in the past, our team will be that much more dangerous.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I strongly believe that we have our eye on some offensive fire power as in RB or WR in the draft and they are waiting on Westbrook until after they see who we get.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I strongly believe that we have our eye on some offensive fire power as in RB or WR in the draft and they are waiting on Westbrook until after they see who we get.

I agree, any Westbrook related moves should come after the draft. Who knows maybe Spiller will fall to pick 23 and we won't need Westbrook after all.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year I suspect we didn't want to expose Johnson the practice squad for fear another team would snap him up and we wanted the other 2 for special teams. I wonder if we'll trade one of these on draft day...?!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is the question. But we also have Brandon Jackson who can't stay healthy. What are the odds that BOTH get injuried at the same time?

Between the 2, we could have a very solid backfield, with Grant as the feature back...
Westbrook and Jackson not staying healthy = not picking up Westbrook.......and finding a replacement for Jackson in this or next years draft.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CJ Spiller falling to 23 would be awesome.. Won't get my hopes up for it, but that would be amazing. Give us our KR/PR and a 'Percy Harvin' type player, who could be even better than Harvin, and possibly (i am saying possibly) be an every down back in the NFL

Staff online

Latest posts