John Clay (RB, Wisconsin)

DCEBB2011

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2][FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Wisconsin tailback John Clay appears poised to follow the path of teammate J.J. Watt. According to a source, the fourth-year junior has decided to skip his final season of eligibility and enter the 2011 National Football League draft. The standout from Racine Park High School was scheduled to discuss his options with the UW coaches Friday. It is possible the UW staff could attempt to convince Clay that he could improve his draft stock by returning in 2011 and going through a full season without suffering any injuries. However, Clay turned 23 on Tuesday and told the Journal Sentinel before the season that his age would be a factor in his eventual decision. In addition, he noted that running backs generally do not have long professional careers. Clay was the Big Ten Conference offensive player of the year in 2009 when he rushed for 1,517 yards and 18 touchdowns. He wasn’t in top physical condition at the beginning of the 2010 season after undergoing off-season surgery on both ankles and later missed 2 ½ games because of a knee injury. - Jeff Potrykus, The Journal Sentinel

Clay is our #10 junior RB. Since many of you know him so well from watching our beloved Badgers, I will simply offer that his stock at present would allow him to be a 4th round prospect at best. At 6-1, 248 and 4.67e speed, he could also move to FB in the pros. His ankle and knee injuries will be causes for concern with many teams, however.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I would be perfectly happy getting him in the 4th round. I think we can address most of our needs by then.

jhutch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Id love to have him but Im kinda of a homer though since i went to hs with him.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't want him. He's not going to overpower anybody in the NFL and that's pretty much his whole game.

James White, on the other hand, I would love to have him in a couple years. That kid looks special. Speed, vision, it's too bad he's just a freshman right now.

jhutch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya for sure. i really think whites gunna turn out to be a really good player.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want him. He's not going to overpower anybody in the NFL and that's pretty much his whole game.

James White, on the other hand, I would love to have him in a couple years. That kid looks special. Speed, vision, it's too bad he's just a freshman right now.

The name to know is Jeff Lewis. He will be just a good of a running back for the Badgers.

olwig420

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree, he is another Ron Dane. He will not be worth a draft pick in the NFL. Guys like Zombo and Shields as undrafted FA will be worth more than him.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I'd take him late 7th round, no earlier. He is made of glass, and most of the time he Looks like Tarzan and Runs like Jane. Just imagine how horrible he would be if he didnt have the luxury of NCAA D1's best offensive line.

Members online

Latest posts