Joe Paterno Wins 400th Game as Penn State Football Coach

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Give it up for my Big Poppa!!! Joe Pa!!! Purrs for my Nittany Lions and Joe Pa! I can't even count how many of those games I have watched.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Joe Paterno has been the head coach at Penn State since 1966, and in the process has won more games in Division I than any other head coach. Saturday, he achieved yet another milestone, winning his 400th game.

It didn't look like JoePa's day for the large part of the first half. Northwestern scored a touchdown with 56 seconds left until halftime to push the Wildcats' lead to 21-0. For the remainder of the game, however, it was all Nittany Lions.

Penn State scored the final 35 points of the game, winning 35-21. Sophomore quarterback Matt McGloin took over for Rob Bolden and starred. McGloin completed 18-of-29 passes for 225 yards and four touchdown passes -- against no interceptions. The rushing attack was also huge for Penn State. Evan Royster carried the ball 25 times for 134 yards while Silas Redd needed just 11 carries to gain 131 yards and a touchdown.

On Saturday afternoon, however, the players took a backseat to their venerable coach. Paterno is now 400-132-3 in his legendary coaching career.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Give it up for my Big Poppa!!! Joe Pa!!! Purrs for my Nittany Lions and Joe Pa! I can't even count how many of those games I have watched.

OK, I'll give the man his props. But most people don't know why they are called the Nittany Lions ( I Do).

Penn State for a period of time was known as "Line Backer U".

I like the guy, he cares about his players. But when he plays Wisconsin? HA!

Have a nice day,

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I read he is 3rd all time in all divisions for ftball wins?

OP
OP
Kitten

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I read he is 3rd all time in all divisions for ftball wins?

He's 3rd right now. Two other coaches are higher but coached for lesser teams. One is still coaching and the other is deceased. I'll try to get you their names in a bit, they showed them on our local news but I didn't write them down.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
That's cool. good accomplishment. Hope he didn't jump for joy. Wouldn't want him to break that other hip.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Great coach, but I can't stand him.. Every time I see him get interviewed before a game, he was always like oh we have injuries, we're not going to play well, oh my, the other team is so good. Oh this will be a hard game for us to win.

Then they would go out and score like 63-0.

Of course, he was coaching that team what scored 63 so give the devil his due.

Members online

Latest posts