Joe Horn - cut

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree I like Joe Horn and would also love to see him in a Packers uniform (much more than Moss) Although to me he looks like he is slowing down. He good be a good #2 receiver or #3 (behind Driver and Jennings)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I agree I like Joe Horn and would also love to see him in a Packers uniform (much more than Moss) Although to me he looks like he is slowing down. He good be a good #2 receiver or #3 (behind Driver and Jennings)

I agree totally, team that with Robinson comming back mid season and we have alot of depth and talent at WR. Watch for the kid Holiday from Notre Dame to surprise this year.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cyoung said:

I agree totally, team that with Robinson comming back mid season and we have alot of depth and talent at WR. Watch for the kid Holiday from Notre Dame to surprise this year.

i agree too, even if we take a WR in the 1st two rounds, having guys like DD and JH to mentor a rookie and GJ would be a pretty good arrangement.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Packers are interested in Horn

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a totally different perspective when considering Moss.

He's older and not the impact player Moss is yet placed in there with DD and Jennings and getting KROB back this could be as productive in a "group" effort as what Moss could do making plays and stretching the field.

I live three hours from NO and can tell you they have to be totally shocked by this. He stepped up BIG after the hurricane and should have won some humanitarian of the year award.

He is a heck of a human being and I would be willing to bet would show up in better shape than 98% of the WR's in the league. The ONLY issue I see is staying healthy. He's no spring chicken anymore.

Reaction score
Actually warhawk, Horn states that he was ready to go for the playoffs, had medical clearance and even practiced, but it was the Saints coach Sean Payton that kept him from playing.

Horn said:
"I want to go someplace where I can show that I can still put up big numbers and help the football team win," Horn said. "I want to go someplace with a head coach who believes in me and an organization that wants me. My age and the injury are not an issue. I know I can still perform and be one of the best receivers in the league."

I think McCarthy knows what Horn can do first hand, and he'd sure believe in his abilities.

BTW great point about the Hurrican Katrina warhawk. Horn stepped up BIG TIME for NO after that tragic event.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a heck of a human being and I would be willing to bet would show up in better shape than 98% of the WR's in the league. The ONLY issue I see is staying healthy. He's no spring chicken anymore.

Wasn't he injured for a good portion of this year

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Horn's agent has talked with GB and this is a real possibiltiy

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly how old is Horn? I know he's been around awhile.
I bet he would like it in Green Bay, playing with Favre.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Exactly how old is Horn? I know he's been around awhile.
I bet he would like it in Green Bay, playing with Favre.

35 Years young, still very productive at a #2 or #3. But he might be motivated to sign in the south to play the Saints twice a year. Just a guess.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Yes as far as anyone knows, plus there is another link in the jsonline in daily blog stating the Packers have contacted his agent, but the Falcons might drive the price up.

Reaction score
is he healthy?

As Pack93z said, as far as we know he was.

Horn said, in a quote I posted earlier today, that he was healthy and ready to go for the playoffs, had medical clearance, but it was Sean Payton who choose to not activate him for the games.

That is basically what left Horn so bitter.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe Horn or Donte Stallworth I think are both options because McCarthy coached them both in NO

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stallworth wants a ton...Honestly I think if we acquire a solid 3rd wide out, along with upgrades of any sort at tight end and fullback, Driver and Jennings will be a solid 1-2 for the offense

I dont know where Joe Horn fits in, him and Greg Jennings will probably be 2a and 2b behind Driver, both will be in on passing downs and both will have certain alignments designed for them

I think Joe Horn fits perfectly into Green Bay, through the whole Katrina thing, he's a very community-based guy, from what I've read he just likes fan support and rewards the fans three-fold in charitable efforts, I think he'd be comfortable in Green Bay, make it happen...

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Horn will come in with a great attitude and will provide good leadership as well as ability. hopefully, this can happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts