Joe Horn - cut

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has some good leadership skills and playmaker skills. Could make a nice #2 receiver, and have Jennings sit back and watch a couple years until he becomes a #2 (or #1 if Driver is gone)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has some good leadership skills and playmaker skills. Could make a nice #2 receiver, and have Jennings sit back and watch a couple years until he becomes a #2 (or #1 if Driver is gone)

Jennings would beat Horn out for the #2 spot in training camp. Horn would probably be #3. Jennings is quicker, better route runner, and has better hands. Right now Jennings is just a better player. Horn is still a good player though but he is slowing down.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's nice that some are so high on Jennings, but he didn't do a whole lot of positive things in the second half of the season. although I think he's going to be something special, the truth is the jury is still out on him. A veteran like Horn would certainly help.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's nice that some are so high on Jennings, but he didn't do a whole lot of positive things in the second half of the season. although I think he's going to be something special, the truth is the jury is still out on him. A veteran like Horn would certainly help.

I've seen enough college film and heard enough from training camp to believe he's the real deal.

I don't mean to put him on a pedestal or even compare him to a Joe Horn in his prime but if your going to use that logic on Jennings then the same can be used for Horn last season Personally when healthy Jennings makes for a good #2 which is what his expectations should be for now. He's not going to be the go to guy for at least another season. He doesn't need to be with Driver. Horn coming in would be another good target and his influence would be great for Jennings but at this point in their careers Jennings is the better player.

tabojc03

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=574258

Visit expected
Free-agent wide receiver Joe Horn, who was released by the New Orleans Saints last week, is expected to visit the Packers near the end of the week, according to a league source.

Horn has a solid relationship with McCarthy, who was his offensive coordinator in New Orleans for five seasons. The 35-year-old Horn has drawn interest from several teams, the heaviest from the Atlanta Falcons, who hosted him Monday and Tuesday.

Horn isn't the game-breaker that he was several years ago, but some scouts think he can still be an effective receiver in the right system.

Meanwhile, a report that the Packers were pursuing Baltimore free agent running back Jamal Lewis is untrue. Lewis is not scheduled to visit the Packers.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jennings will be good. He was injured, and played with the injury the second half of the season. I think he will really take off this year.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would the Falcons want a Wide Receiver, Michael Vick cant throw.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would the Falcons want a Wide Receiver, Michael Vick cant throw.
OH!!!! GOOD POINT!!!
Maybe they should just put 10 blockers on the line, and let Vick run every down! :rotflmao:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
id rather have randy moss.

Why?

With both you get great talent, both are older, the difference is different attitudes and I know he will finally playing with a team with potential I just dont see him getting an upbeat attitude.

Titletown088

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He just signed with Atlanta so you can forget about him,....

Quote:

Falcons | J. Horn agrees
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:31:00 -0800

ESPNews reports the Atlanta Falcons have agreed to a deal with WR Joe Horn (Saints). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, that was funny. I was just about to post and say that it wouldmake alot more sense IMO for both him and ATL to sign there, but I would like to see him in GB. Then I saw T-town's update.

Nice work, Title. :thumbsup:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons do need a wide receiver, but man I wanted him on the pack.

Reaction score
Adam Schefter reports that Horn was cut from the Saints cut Horn because he failed a physical.

Not sure a guy with an injury/health questions is the best way to go for a #3 WR.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Atlanta Tribune is reporting that Joe Horn is now a Falcon,,,,,,goodbye to that idea, clearing up several more rumors. Moss is not going to be a Packer, Michael Smith reported that the Packers arnt willing to give up a first day pick for him considering he passed his prime. Secondly, id be surprised if we sign Justin Smith, i heard that if we were going to get him, the deal wouldve been inked by 5 PM on Wednesday, which it was not!!!!!
Packers will draft for Reggie Nelson with the 16th pick, you heard it here first!!!!!!!!sign several no name free agents, and draft possibly Pittman, or the Penn State running back in the third

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/03/07/bc.fbn.falcons.sanders.ap/index.html

'Not done yet'
Falcons still talking with veteran wide receiver Horn
Posted: Wednesday March 7, 2007 7:16PM; Updated: Wednesday March 7, 2007 7:17PM

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) -- The Atlanta Falcons signed cornerback and special teams player Lewis Sanders on Wednesday but said they have not yet reached an agreement with receiver Joe Horn.

Sanders (6-1, 210) set a career high with seven starts for the Houston Texans last season. He appeared in two more games but missed the rest of the season with a hand injury. The seven-year veteran still set career highs with 37 tackles and six passes defensed last season.

The Falcons have lost free agent receiver Ashley Lelie, who signed with the San Francisco 49ers, and have talked with Horn, 35, who was released by the New Orleans Saints.

ESPN.com quoted unnamed team sources as saying the team reached an agreement with Horn.

"It's not done yet," Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said on Wednesday night. "We haven't signed a contract, so he's not an Atlanta Falcon. We haven't reached an agreement, so he's not an Atlanta Falcon."

Horn missed the Saints' last four games and two playoff games with a groin injury. He had 37 catches for 679 yards and four touchdowns.

Sanders, 28, was a fourth-round pick by the Cleveland Browns in 2000. The native of Staten Island, N.Y., has 19 career starts in 73 games. He has five interceptions.

Sanders could battle Jimmy Williams and Jason Webster for a starting spot or give the Falcons the option of moving Williams to safety. DeAngelo Hall, coming off a Pro Bowl season, is established at the other cornerback spot

Not holding any breath but not offical yet:)

Members online

Latest posts