Joe Barry has tested positive for COVID-19, will not coach on Thursday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who calls the D plays? Will be interesting.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, let's see what Gray brings to the table. He's gonna have his hands full with that Cards O.

Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Just a thought I didn’t know until after I was vaccinated and got CoVid Delta several months ago. By the time symptoms start or you’re test positive, half of your ability to spread the virus is already past. What makes it so contagious is much of the infectious spread happens quite early, before you even know you’ve got it. I thought it spread when symptoms hit hard, but rather it’s at the very beginning and once all the symptoms are known, it’s already run it’s transmissible course. The Delta spreads fast but it’s window is short.

For those vaccinated like myself. I was all up around my bride and she never even got it, but my daughter did and they didn’t have shots for her and she recovered inside 3-4 days like a cold symptoms. That’s the reward of getting poked in the arm twice with that needle, you get just the 40% version and pass the 40% (estimation) version or none at all. It worked big time and I’ll be first in line for that booster.

Joe’s about my age. If he’s relatively healthy he won’t be affected but minimal

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Wife had it before the vaccine. Neither I or any of the at home kids got it. She did not quarantine, I slept with her in our bed. The kids naturally stayed in their rooms for gaming most of the time anyway.

D

Deleted member 6794

They're in good hands with Gray. Two previous stints as a DC.

Well, Gray served as a coordinator for a total of eight seasons with the Bills and Titans. Only once did one of those teams end up in the top half of the league in points allowed.

That's not a great resume by any means.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Well, Gray served as a coordinator for a total of eight seasons with the Bills and Titans. Only once did one of those teams end up in the top half of the league in points allowed.

That's not a great resume by any means.

Lol. This is so on brand for you, Captain.

The obvious point was that if you're going to have your DC suddenly unavailable, it's nice to have someone with that kind of experience who can fill in for a week.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol. This is so on brand for you, Captain.

The obvious point was that if you're going to have your DC suddenly unavailable, it's nice to have someone with that kind of experience who can fill in for a week.
I'd agree, he's been thru it. The flow of the game, calling the plays, the week of prep, etc, everything that goes into being the DC on game day will not be new to him.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd agree, he's been thru it. The flow of the game, calling the plays, the week of prep, etc, everything that goes into being the DC on game day will not be new to him.
I totally forgot about Gray's prior stints as DC. Good to have a guy, on staff, who's done it before. Thanks for the reminder @Dantés !

D

Deleted member 6794

I just don't think Gray being a DC for the last time in 2013 is a huge advantage over another coach on the defensive side of the ball. In addition Barry will definitely be heavily involved in game preparation, if he's healthy enough to.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I just don't think Gray being a DC for the last time in 2013 is a huge advantage over another coach on the defensive side of the ball. In addition Barry will definitely be heavily involved in game preparation, if he's healthy enough to.

Very good. I absolutely believe it helps to have a guy who has run a defense before in games as opposed to thrusting an inexperienced assistant into something he’s never done before. That’s my view.

D

Deleted member 6794

Very good. I absolutely believe it helps to have a guy who has run a defense before in games as opposed to thrusting an inexperienced assistant into something he’s never done before. That’s my view.

Montgomery and Smith have experience as defensive coordinator as well.

In addition it actually seems that Barry's responsibilities will be divided among Gray and inside linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a forever optimist. Gray came to Green Bay with a resume of being both a defensive backs coach and defensive coordinator. It's possible that he is going to throw a bunch of unscouted tendencies at Arizona that could prove to make the difference. Who knows?

The point is that losing our DC could be a major problem, or it could be a blessing in disguise. It will be fun to find out tomorrow night.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Montgomery and Smith have experience as defensive coordinator as well.

In addition it actually seems that Barry's responsibilities will be divided among Gray and inside linebackers coach Kirk Olivadotti.

Oh totally. Brief stints as co-DC’s in college definitely compares with Gray’s background.

D

Deleted member 6794

Oh totally. Brief stints as co-DC’s in college definitely compares with Gray’s background.

Well, it seems MLF is fine with Olivadotti handling part of Barry's responsibilities and he has no experience as a defensive coordinator at all.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That means Lazard isn't vaccinated. The players knew about the rule entering the season.
Doesn't change the fact it's a stupid ****ing rule. Why people get mad at people affected by stupid ****ing rules instead of getting mad at the people that make the stupid ****ing rules is beyond me, but it's where we're at.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
That means Lazard isn't vaccinated. The players knew about the rule entering the season.
Who said he has a choice? If he has issues with one of the ingredients, a vaccination is not an option. He could identify as female and be trying to get pregnant. Shots during pregnancy and fertility treatments are discouraged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts