JJ Watt Cardinals 2 yrs 31 mill

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There have been rumors he could come to GB next year, would he be the difference ?

This is the older, diminished post injury JJ btw, not the DOPY version

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would Watt want to go from a team that trades DeAndre Hopkins for a washed up running back to a team that wastes its 2020 draft ? That isn't even mentioning all the dumb coaching moves he saw in the NFCCG. Watt needs to go to a team that has a chance to win it all.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Past his prime
You called it. The Homer's gave you a rough time but you were right to doubt those chokers. I never drank the kool aid either. Saw enough of the soft defense and special teams to know the Packers weren't a good bet to win it all.

D

Deleted member 6794

There have been rumors he could come to GB next year, would he be the difference ?

This is the older, diminished post injury JJ btw, not the DOPY version

The Packers don't have enough cap space to trade for Watt, who in addition is past his prime anyway.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You called it. The Homer's gave you a rough time but you were right to doubt those chokers. I never drank the kool aid either. Saw enough of the soft defense and special teams to know the Packers weren't a good bet to win it all.
Yeah they can’t beat good teams that count in the playoffs year in year out. I picked the Bucs to go before the season started then especially after they punished Green Bay in the reg season. It just sucks man. They gotta find a way to keep Rodgers happy for next year they should be back in it again the niners Seahawks Bucs packers should be top four teams in the nfc but this was easily there best chance to do it. Rodgers is upset who knows what happens moving forward with the low salary cap

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he wants to come to GB and take a small say 5-7 million dollar deal to be near his family and maybe Ring chase depending how our team looks I'd be all for him coming to GB.

But not if he expects to get big money he's had a lot of injuries and we don't have a ton of cap space.

D

Deleted member 6794

If he wants to come to GB and take a small say 5-7 million dollar deal to be near his family and maybe Ring chase depending how our team looks I'd be all for him coming to GB.

But not if he expects to get big money he's had a lot of injuries and we don't have a ton of cap space.

JJ Watt is currently under contract with the Texans for next season, scheduled to make $17.5 million. There's no way the Packers could or should pay that much money to him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Threads like these illustrate someone's inability to just do a little contract searching in the googly machine. LOL

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read an article somewhere
This D is definitely missing another playmaker on the DL outside of Clark

You really want/need 2 of 3 in a 3-4

And then obviously a CB opposite J-aire

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JJ Watt is currently under contract with the Texans for next season, scheduled to make $17.5 million. There's no way the Packers could or should pay that much money to him.

I am talking about if they fail to trade him and he gets cut, I see no way we could trade for him.

But if they cut him I could see signing him if he wanted to take a small contract likely short term in order to try to ring chase and be closer to family.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am talking about if they fail to trade him and he gets cut, I see no way we could trade for him.

But if they cut him I could see signing him if he wanted to take a small contract likely short term in order to try to ring chase and be closer to family.

Why would they cut him?

Jpete66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They would trade him. They’re not going to cut Watt.
No one will want to pay him 17.5 m and give anything of value. His best years are behind him.. With the cap going down him getting cut is more likely than a trade.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They would trade him. They’re not going to cut Watt.

Watt reportedly wants out and he's been both injury prone and less productive the last few years if no team is willing to pay him the 17.5 million and give up draft capitol to get him the Texans could easily decide to cut him to save all that money especially if Watson gets traded and they go into total rebuild mode.

Plus there is always the possibility Watt forces the issue if they can not trade him

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He ain’t coming here .. would be a fantastic story but IMO

It’s a big name and people think he has to be good, and he is from here... that isn’t the way to handle this

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

He ain’t coming here .. would be a fantastic story but IMO

It’s a big name and people think he has to be good, and he is from here... that isn’t the way to handle this

He might inspire some fire in our guys if he did.

D

Deleted member 6794

Even if the Texans cut Watt I don't think he would be interested in agreeing to a contract that made sense financially for the Packers.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cap implications aside, if used properly he could still be a big help and give you big plays here and there. Even in decline he's a huge upgrade over Lowry and Lancaster.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts