JJ Post Combine Mock 1.0

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I like it. Arguably to most, Bush is a reach at 12. I think he's better than Devin White, I wasn't a huge fan of who was there, and trading back wasn't an option. Bush, imo, revitalizes this defense. Fiery, athletic, aggressive LB. He's a freak tbh...tracked down Saquan Barkley on a sweep play for like a gain of 1 or 2 yards. Martinez is headed towards a contract year and wants to be paid like a top LB. Paying him that contract would be a huge mistake.

Risner would most likely play at RG, and then swing to RT next year. He's good.

Winovich tested great at the combine and has very good tape. And I'll be perfectly honest, Parris Campbell was there, and I almost took him. I decided the need at edge was greater. I could still be convinced either way.

Dieter is essentially insurance for Risner. I'm doubling up on versatile OL. He can play OG and possibly RT. This draft fixes our OL.

I'm too lazy to discuss the others unless prompted, but Warring, Saunders, and Hurd offer high upside. Homer is a phenomenal 3rd down back in the NFL, and Renfrow just gets **** done.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I like it. As you suggested, a trade down and then selection Bush or Hockenson or someone like that would be ideal.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I like it. As you suggested, a trade down and then selection Bush or Hockenson or someone like that would be ideal.

I didn't see anything in his suggestion I just read above of drafting a TE who ran 4.70(4.76 second time) with less then ideal measurables at 12 or even if we traded back?

No TE with such a poor time in the 40 has ever been drafted this high in the 1st round and you want to break the mold when we haven't drafted anyone on offense in the 1st round since Buluga? Not to mention Graham Locked up on contract?

THIS IS JUST NON-SENSE AND RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Graham is on what is essentially a 1 year contract. He's as locked up as Bulaga is. Plus Graham is old, and declining.

I don't want to make this about Hockenson, but you only looking at one athletic measurement of his where you're definitely an arbitrary number as good, is lazy and poor.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Graham is on what is essentially a 1 year contract. He's as locked up as Bulaga is. Plus Graham is old, and declining.

I don't want to make this about Hockenson, but you only looking at one athletic measurement of his where you're definitely an arbitrary number as good, is lazy and poor.

He is a good overall athlete but not an elite overall athlete. His measurables, strength and 40 time are far from elite. His tape is elite yes, but like HRE posted I have him as a very strong second round candidate due to some overall athletic limitations that could catch up with him in NFL and all the sudden make his tape very average. I'm not going to say this is going to happen but if someone drafts this guy 12 or even in that range and he flames out people are going to be pointing too these things and why he should of never been taken that high. Any GM better be prepared for that.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
T.J. Hockenson is an 88th% sparq athlete at his position (for comparison's sake-- Sternberger is 34th%). His forty is 68th%, 3 Cone 77th%, short shuttle 85th%, vertical 90th%, broad 91st%.

The idea that Hockenson is anything less than a great athlete or that his measurables are "less than ideal" is ignorant.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a good overall athlete but not an elite overall athlete. His measurables, strength and 40 time are far from elite. His tape is elite yes, but like HRE posted I have him as a very strong second round candidate due to some overall athletic limitations that could catch up with him in NFL and all the sudden make his tape very average. I'm not going to say this is going to happen but if someone drafts this guy 12 or even in that range and he flames out people are going to be pointing too these things and why he should of never been taken that high. Any GM better be prepared for that.

K.

I didn't take Hock in this mock. Dantes mentioned him in passing.

Please move your obsession elsewhere.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I hate both of you.

Welcome to the club.

Mention something in passing that the crybaby doesn't like, and you get one of his cliche tantrums about...

UTTER NONSENSE FAIR LAND HARRY POTTER BLAH BLAH BLAHFDGSFHASERGBSVDFZ

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fine. Fine. Make my excellent mock a shitpost fest.

SEE IF I CARE!

/you're both insane if you think you'll convince the other of anything

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I used the site to do one as well:

1. J. Williams, OL, UA
1. T. Hockenson, TE, IA
2. C. Winovich, ED, UM
3. A. Isabella, WR, UMASS
4. M. Edwards, S, UK
4. G. Pratt, LB, NCSU
5. M. Hyatt, OL, CLEM
6. A. Watts, iDL, ARK
6. T. Homer, RB, MIA
7. R. Finley, QB, NCSU

I love the outcome, but Hockenson at #30 doesn't feel realistic.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
T.J. Hockenson is an 88th% sparq athlete at his position (for comparison's sake-- Sternberger is 34th%). His forty is 68th%, 3 Cone 77th%, short shuttle 85th%, vertical 90th%, broad 91st%.

The idea that Hockenson is anything less than a great athlete or that his measurables are "less than ideal" is ignorant.

Show me a TE that has been drafted top 12 with his 40 times?

Unless he somehow fixes this at his Pro Day then I don't see how the trend should change.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Using their mock tool to imagine a scenario where we trade down with WAS for an extra 3rd, this is what I get.

1. T. Hockenson, TE, IA
1. C. Lindstrom, OL, BC
2. C. Winovich, ED, UM
3. M. Scharping, OL, NIU
4. K. Saunders, iDL, WIU
4. M. Edwards, S, UK
5. T. Edwards, LB, UW
6. KICKER
6. T. Homer, RB, MIA
7. E. Stick, QB, NDSU

That would be a nice outcome.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Using their mock tool to imagine a scenario where we trade down with WAS for an extra 3rd, this is what I get.

1. T. Hockenson, TE, IA
1. C. Lindstrom, OL, BC
2. C. Winovich, ED, UM
3. M. Scharping, OL, NIU
4. K. Saunders, iDL, WIU
4. M. Edwards, S, UK
5. T. Edwards, LB, UW
6. KICKER
6. T. Homer, RB, MIA
7. E. Stick, QB, NDSU

That would be a nice outcome.

Which one has a trade tool?

AND GET OUT OF HERE

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Show me a TE that has been drafted top 12 with his 40 times?

Unless he somehow fixes this at his Pro Day then I don't see how the trend should change.

Forget all of this.

1) I'm not talking about Hock going top 12.

2) His 40 time, which is fine, is irrelevant. Unless if a guy is running a 4.9 or something, a TE will be fine.

3) If he runs around a 4.55-4.6 at his pro day, it would be roughly the same as running a 4.7 at the combine. You have to understand the difference between hand times and laser times.

4) His agilities and jumps matter far more than his 40. He's very, very good there.

5) He's the same speed as Kelce and faster than Ertz. What's the issue?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
A trade back seems like it will be an attractive option, but it's hard to envision the scenario that will make it likely to take place.

The Redskins jumping the Dolphins for a QB makes sense, but then again both have to make it to the draft without having addressed the QB need with a veteran option (e.g. Rosen or Carr if they're available). If WAS has, they won't move up. If MIA has, there's no reason to jump them.

If they should both make it to draft day with the need at QB remaining, then the Packers would need Haskins to slip past the Giants, Jaguars, Broncos, and Bengals. Because I don't think anyone in this class besides Murray or Haskins is tempting anyone. Although maybe Lock is higher on their boards than we realize.

The Giants have proven that if they don't like a QB a lot, they'll pass. The Jaguars are connected to Foles. The Broncos traded for Flacco. The Bengals have voiced support for Dalton. But if the Cards are taking Murray, then Rosen has to end up somewhere.

So it's not impossible that the stars align and WAS wants to jump MIA to a QB (or MIA wants to pay to move up one spot to avoid that), but a lot of things would have to go right.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Forget all of this.

1) I'm not talking about Hock going top 12.

2) His 40 time, which is fine, is irrelevant. Unless if a guy is running a 4.9 or something, a TE will be fine.

3) If he runs around a 4.55-4.6 at his pro day, it would be roughly the same as running a 4.7 at the combine. You have to understand the difference between hand times and laser times.

4) His agilities and jumps matter far more than his 40. He's very, very good there.

5) He's the same speed as Kelce and faster than Ertz. What's the issue?

Ertz and Kelce were both drafted in the SECOND ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Lord of the Rings mystic unicorn chasing and magic fairy tales has got to end.

For the last time. UNLESS A TE SHOWS ELITE TALENT AND FILM YOU DO NOT DRAFT HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND! PERIOD! UNFORTUNATELY YOU JUST DON'T START CHANGING PAST GUIDELINES JUST FOR MR. HOCKENSON.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ertz and Kelce were both drafted in the SECOND ROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This Lord of the Rings mystic unicorn chasing and magic fairy tales has got to end.

For the last time. UNLESS A TE SHOWS ELITE TALENT AND FILM YOU DO NOT DRAFT HIM IN THE FIRST ROUND! PERIOD! UNFORTUNATELY YOU JUST DON'T START CHANGING PAST GUIDELINES JUST FOR MR. HOCKENSON.

And if teams could go back in time, they would've taken Ertz and Kelce in the first round.

It's important to learn from prior mistakes.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
And if teams could go back in time, they would've taken Ertz and Kelce in the first round.

It's important to learn from prior mistakes.

Drafting corners that aren't 6 foot I would agree with. Changing the entire evaluation process for TJ Hockenson I am not on board with, having such a small sample size of success.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

For the last time? Man I wish this is the last time I had to read this.

Look, you dont make the rules on who can be drafted and when.

Everyone has the right to think what they want.

Gute is definitely is not Janis or Dante, so swaying their opinion has ZERO effect on what the Pack actually does.

Therefore it doesnt matter what the hell they think.

Ease up on this drivel. It has gotten really frickin old.

It's fine to post your opinions. But, nobody needs to see it 100 times. If we still hold our same opinions after you tell us something, maybe we understand you, we just happen to disagree. It happens you know.

Purpose of this forum is to discuss and learn, not to make everyone think like you.

Nobody needs to be told what to think.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
For the last time? Man I wish this is the last time I had to read this.

Look, you dont make the rules on who can be drafted and when.

Everyone has the right to think what they want.

Gute is definitely is not Janis or Dante, so swaying their opinion has ZERO effect on what the Pack actually does.

Therefore it doesnt matter what the hell they think.

Ease up on this drivel. It has gotten really frickin old.

It's fine to post your opinions. But, nobody needs to see it 100 times. If we still hold our same opinions after you tell us something, maybe we understand you, we just happen to disagree. It happens you know.

Purpose of this forum is to discuss and learn, not to make everyone think like you.

Nobody needs to be told what to think.

People dont need "to think what I think" and I have been debated up and down and side to side about guys i like so I don't see whats the difference.

And I haven't made this whole offseason about drafting one player like I have in the past with maybe Sutton at times last year. I've left all of my Parris Campbell talk in that particular thread. I haven't been freaking out that people on here are leaving him out of there mocks for some time now.

I wasn't for the TJ Watt pick a couple of years ago but at least he had the measurables and numbers to back up the Packers selecting him there in the 1st.

This Hockenson thing is approaching uncharted waters for any team that drafts him real high based on his numbers. If we are not here to debate ideas then i am kind of losing track of what the forum was inteded for. I'm not getting caught up at all on a paticular poster being right or wrong about anything. In fact i've stayed out of an entire thread to steer clear of such disruption. Quite frankly I am actually pretty proud of myslef.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts