Jimmy Taylor introducing Randall Cobb in the NFL draft

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course you knew I had to give a shout out to another one of my hero's. Didn't Taylor look great? It has been 45 years since Taylor was dishing out punishment, but it looks like he could still tote the rock. For those of you too young to remember him, here is a stroll down memory lane for you.Check out him scoring at the 22:49 mark on the famous "Packer Sweep" with Kramer & Thurston leading the way...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ5DRf_P2_M"]YouTube - Original Super Bowl 1 Footage - Chiefs vs Packers -1st Half[/ame]

Also, check out Max McGee making it look easy at the 9:00 mark...fun stuff!

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I miss the sweep. Holmgren used to run it often - with Rivera and Wahle out leading the way for Edgar, Dorsey, and Ahman Green. During those days, they should have re-numbered those two guards 63 and 64.

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I miss the sweep. Holmgren used to run it often - with Rivera and Wahle out leading the way for Edgar, Dorsey, and Ahman Green. During those days, they should have re-numbered those two guards 63 and 64.
...I would have loved it...

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I love thinking about the Lombardi era years and Jim Taylor was a beast at RB. It was great seeing him announce the 2nd round draft pick.

Members online

Latest posts