Jimmy Johnson is on crack

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
crack:Microwave take

Jimmy Johnson of Fox, who used to coach the Cowboys, was asked to provide his snap analysis of why he thinks the Cowboys have an edge over the Packers in the upcoming game.

"I think the big difference in these two teams is the explosive players on Dallas' team," Johnson said. "Dallas has got so many players who can hit the home run."
-----------------------------------------

Dallas has an edge over GB cuz they have more explosive players? Is he kidding? Saying they have a more consistent running game is one thing. Saying they have one of the most elite WRs is ok too(yet debateable), but to say they have MORE explosive players than GB shows he isn't watching these games.

At any time Jennings, Jones, Driver, Lee, and even Ruvel Martin and K-Rob can come up with a huge play. Even Ryan Grant in the running game now just takes big chunks out when you think he's not gonna do ****.

Reaction score
There are two explanations fort this:

1) Jimmy Johnson wants Gregorious Jennings to make his head explode on purpose, and thus motivate the Cowgirls to win.

2) Jimmy Johnson couldn't think straight after seeing Al Harris' stare at him, a stare which showed the malicious intent that Al was going to unleash against the Cowboys.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson is a Cowboy at heart. I know he and Jerry Jones didn't get along all the time but Johnson is going to probably have a bias with the Cowboys. So will Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin, and Troy Aikman. Just like all the Packers will have a bias with Green Bay.

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is usually quite objective and has picked against us a couple times this year. The Bears and Eagles games to be exact.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of the media and analysts are lazy and assume things and don't look up the stats.

40 yard pass plays:
Favre: 13
Romo: 8

20 yard pass plays:
Favre: 37
Romo: 43

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
He is usually quite objective and has picked against us a couple times this year. The Bears and Eagles games to be exact.

So, he actually thought that the Bears and / or Eagles would beat the Cowboys?? ooooook.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously, Jimmie Johnson is thinking of Terrell Owens and Jason Whitten. Owens is more explosive than any Packer WR, and Whitten is more explosive than any Packer TE. But as you go deeper into the lineups, things start to even out. The Packers have a better receiving corps, from top to bottom, than the Cowboys do. The real question is whether the Packers will be able to spread the ball around enough to cancel out the advantage the Cowboys have with those two explosive players. I happen to think they will. I can't wait to find out.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
2 - 3 explosive players are generally easier to stop than an entire offense. Randy Moss wouldn't be playing nearly as good as he is this season if it wasn't for a balanced team outside of him. I think the Packers will contain TO and Whitten to an extent. They will make plays, but so will we. But in the end, we have more weapons. Choose your poison, and we'll burn you another way.

FromIrving

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson is a Cowboy at heart. I know he and Jerry Jones didn't get along all the time but Johnson is going to probably have a bias with the Cowboys. So will Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin, and Troy Aikman. Just like all the Packers will have a bias with Green Bay.

I think you can take Troy off of that list. He tries SO hard to not be bias that he often goes to the extreme to be critical of the Cowboys.

Jimmy I have always thought was pretty fair. Emmitt and Michael are VERY bias though.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

I think you can take Troy off of that list. He tries SO hard to not be bias that he often goes to the extreme to be critical of the Cowboys.

Jimmy I have always thought was pretty fair. Emmitt and Michael are VERY bias though.

This brings up the question: Why are so many ex-Cowboys employed as NFL analysts? I think Aikman and Johnson do a good job. Emmit Smith and Michael Irvin, not so good.

FromIrving

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
porky88 said:

This brings up the question: Why are so many ex-Cowboys employed as NFL analysts? I think Aikman and Johnson do a good job. Emmit Smith and Michael Irvin, not so good.

I think it has to do with their charisma. I'm sure the fact that Emmitt holds that rushing title also helped him too. Deion is also not too bad. He's pretty fair.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson quit the game because he was tired of doing his homework. That hasn't changed. Explosive yes, Implosive too. TO is prone to dropping balls. Let's see what he does if we put some pressure on him. Let's see what Romo does with pressure too. If we don't put any pressue on the QB or the TO, they can b explosive. With pressure they can be equally implosive.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
FromIrving said:
porky88 said:

I think it has to do with their charisma. I'm sure the fact that Emmitt holds that rushing title also helped him too. Deion is also not too bad. He's pretty fair.

I forgot about Deion Sanders. Can't stand him. Dallas does attract more than its share of charismatic people, I can't argue that. They get a lot of practice dealing with the media during their playing (or coaching) careers. Oddly enough, the one I think does the best job, Troy Aikman, has by far the least charisma of any of them.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're going to **** off 50% of the viewers no matter who you pick. What Jimmy said wasn't so bad, and as others have said, I think he and Aikman are quite fair...I actually think Aikman is a very good commentator.

Emmitt on the other hand is not necessarily biased, just a bad analyst...he looks like George Bush trying to explain sovereignty when he's next to Steve Young.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson quit the game because he was tired of doing his homework. That hasn't changed. Explosive yes, Implosive too. TO is prone to dropping balls. Let's see what he does if we put some pressure on him. Let's see what Romo does with pressure too. If we don't put any pressue on the QB or the TO, they can b explosive. With pressure they can be equally implosive.

Although I can't remeber too many, I remember reading an article that said that Driver has dropped the more passes than any other receiver over a couple years.

I'd still take Driver over TO.

FromIrving

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TO actually hasn't dropped many passes this year. He did in the Buffalo game but then everyone had a bad game that day. His temperment has been pretty good too. He knows that no matter how the game is going and what kind of production he has in the first half that Jason Garrett and Tony Romo are going to make sure he gets the ball. As for Romo he seems to play better when there's pressure on him and he's forced out of the pocket. He's extremely accurate when throwing on the run. I don't see the Cowboys imploding regardless of how the game is going.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:

TO actually hasn't dropped many passes this year. He did in the Buffalo game but then everyone had a bad game that day. His temperment has been pretty good too. He knows that no matter how the game is going and what kind of production he has in the first half that Jason Garrett and Tony Romo are going to make sure he gets the ball. As for Romo he seems to play better when there's pressure on him and he's forced out of the pocket. He's extremely accurate when throwing on the run. I don't see the Cowboys imploding regardless of how the game is going.

Only time will tell. Romo is a fine young qb. TO can be a nuisance to both teams. Dallas has to hope he is to GB and we have to hope he's not getting the ball enough and becomes a distraction. I don't care if you go all the way back to Irvin, guys who are all about themselves, like Moss and TO never put the team first. There is no doubt about their talent, but I don't believe that Romo and TO alone can beat the Packers. I think Packers have many more guns and I think what will make this game fun to watch is to see if Dallas can stop us.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure the fact that Emmitt holds that rushing title also helped him too.

He may hold the rushing title, but I'd rather have a guy that holds some sort of ability to speak English (without butchering it horribly) do the commentary. It's actually painful to listen to Emmitt at times.

FromIrving

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FromIrving said:
I'm sure the fact that Emmitt holds that rushing title also helped him too.

He may hold the rushing title, but I'd rather have a guy that holds some sort of ability to speak English (without butchering it horribly) do the commentary. It's actually painful to listen to Emmitt at times.

You'll get no arguments from me. Sometimes I'm sitting there watching and I'm thinking ... "What the hell did he just say?" ... It's funny to watch the other guys on the panel too you know they're thinking the same thing.

He'll say something off the wall and everyone will just look at each other with this confused look on their faces. He may suck, and is hard to understand at times but there is a comedic factor him.

Members online

Latest posts