official Jimmy Graham signed

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say one thing about drafting RB's out of Wisconsin, you always have to factor in the Offensive Line they were running behind. The Badgers are pretty notorious for having solid O-Lines, many of them ending up in the NFL themselves. I still think Ron Dayne could have been much better in the NFL, but I honestly think he probably didn't put in the work it takes to make the transition from college to the Pro's and he fell into the Eddie Lacy trap with his weight.

Right now I have my eyes on Freshman sensation Jonathan Taylor. If you watch him run, he is really hard to bring down and if he gets to the second level, watch out. Guessing he will be in the 2019 draft.

Taylor is good.

He did well against a good Miami defense. I was impressed for sure. Wouldn't have any qualms drafting him early. Sure the line helped him, but I aw him create his own yards too. Once he figures out pass protection and routes, he'll be a star.

jetfixer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would see who is a available in FA and see if we want someone there. Graham is over priced and I think he stays in Sea. I would address TE in the draft and your Badger looks good to me......I need to look at others.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
I would see who is a available in FA and see if we want someone there. Graham is over priced and I think he stays in Sea. I would address TE in the draft and your Badger looks good to me......I need to look at others.
Seferian-Jenkins is the only decent TE FA this year under the age of 30.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Sadly, the FA cup board of TE's looks pretty bare. Luke Wilson might be a guy I could see fitting into the Packers offense.

Jed12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How old is Graham? Can he block at all? I saw him make some very good catches this year. I think he is one of the elite pass catching tight ends. Would be an amazing addition. Still would like us to draft a small, speedy, quick slot receiver with great hands in the 3rd or 4th.

He is terrible at blocking.... couldn’t do it in Nola let alone Seattle (see sacks aloud)

At 31 he’s not “done” and 10 TD’s looks pretty but my god the amount of balls he dropped... makes Bennett look like Julio Jones!!!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You realize you can edit your post, there is no time limit here. That's better than this silly oops follow-up posts.

LOL....here I thought you were trying to talk him out of what he posted, not just how to change a typo! :roflmao:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say one thing about drafting RB's out of Wisconsin, you always have to factor in the Offensive Line they were running behind. The Badgers are pretty notorious for having solid O-Lines, many of them ending up in the NFL themselves. I still think Ron Dayne could have been much better in the NFL, but I honestly think he probably didn't put in the work it takes to make the transition from college to the Pro's and he fell into the Eddie Lacy trap with his weight.

Right now I have my eyes on Freshman sensation Jonathan Taylor. If you watch him run, he is really hard to bring down and if he gets to the second level, watch out. Guessing he will be in the 2019 draft.
needs to learn how to hang on to the ball though.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget Ken Bowman, Mike Webster, Tim Krumrie, Al Toon, Troy Vincent, Joe Panos, Cory Raymer, Mark Tauscher, Michael Bennett, Chris Chambers, Chris Borland.....oh and Russell Wilson. :coffee:
not sure if he is still there... but last I saw ex Badgers QB, DB , WR etc... Tanner McEvoy ... was playing WR for Seattle as well.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
not sure if he is still there... but last I saw ex Badgers QB, DB , WR etc... Tanner McEvoy ... was playing WR for Seattle as well.

I was one who hoped that the Packers would sign McEvoy. The Seahawks signed him as an UDFA in 2016 and he is still there. While he has "only" caught 14 passes, they have been for 253 yards (18.1 Ave.) and 2 TD's. He contributes on ST's and I think would be considered a quality UDFA after 2 years.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
needs to learn how to hang on to the ball though.

That will come with more practice, carries and exposure to guys who know how to pop the ball out, a trait I hope the Packers new DC instills on his defense. Taylor seemed to really pick up the offense fast as well as catching the ball. I heard during the Orange Bowl coverage that Chryst was asked if he expected great things from Taylor when he first saw him. I think PC said something like "not in my wildest dreams".

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That will come with more practice, carries and exposure to guys who know how to pop the ball out, a trait I hope the Packers new DC instills on his defense. Taylor seemed to really pick up the offense fast as well as catching the ball. I heard during the Orange Bowl coverage that Chryst was asked if he expected great things from Taylor when he first saw him. I think PC said something like "not in my wildest dreams".
He is a very exciting player. I was very happy to see him top Adrian Petersen's record.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DEFINITELY. He is the type of TE we've been missing since Jermichael Finley was on the team. Which also just so happens to be the last time that our offense was dumb potent/explosive. Graham gives us a TE that can effectively operate in the "Dakota" formation that MM uses often because he is essentially an oversized WR who has to be a TE. 12 AND 13 personnel packages could greatly confuse defenses based on matchup problems by signing Graham as well. That's exactly up MM's wheelhouse. We need to go after him.

You make a good argument.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trey Burton.

Tyler Eifert (injury prone tho)

Absolutely...I think GB should go after Trey Burton. He's a young veteran. Runs good routes. He would be a great red zone target for AR12. 4 year deal, 40 million (24 guaranteed).

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This thread quickly turned into a Badger love fest. I'm going to throw up in my toilet for 5 minutes.

Hard pass on Graham. If it's 2 years 13 mil then sure, but that's not realistic.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This thread quickly turned into a Badger love fest. I'm going to throw up in my toilet for 5 minutes.

Hard pass on Graham. If it's 2 years 13 mil then sure, but that's not realistic.

If you "Jump Around" while you throw up, it makes it a lot more fun to clean up! Just saying ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That just gives me goosebumps. Definately on my bucket list

Fun Times Mate....Fun times! You can feel the whole stadium shake. Enough that they had to hire an engineering consultant to make sure the stadium was structurally sound enough to handle the stress and not collapse.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Graham may be out of our price range and he does have some blocking concerns. But I would most definitely go after Eifert as he should be coming at a reduced price tag. I would be interested in Fumigalli as a long term starter/option in the draft, but he may be gone by the close of the 2nd Round. Eifert could be the rental we need just in case we miss on him. Schultz from Stanford and Goedert from SD State may be good fall back options in the Draft.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you "Jump Around" while you throw up, it makes it a lot more fun to clean up! Just saying ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think it would leave a lot bigger mess if I did that.

I did go to Madison the first time in November, good game-day atmosphere. Go Hawks

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely...I think GB should go after Trey Burton. He's a young veteran. Runs good routes. He would be a great red zone target for AR12. 4 year deal, 40 million (24 guaranteed).

I agree except the contract.

Highest contract in the NFL right now is $10/yr for Jimmy Graham. Last year Bennett went for $7/yr, Cook for a little over $5/yr. Burton shouldn't cost more than Cook, but I'd be comfortable around that range.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing about rookie TE's is that they rarely produce well in their first year. Typically more of a long term investment. I hesitate using a high pick on one now, especially if we get one through free agency.

I've said this many times, but my personal top value guy is Chris Herndon from Miami.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think it would leave a lot bigger mess if I did that.

I did go to Madison the first time in November, good game-day atmosphere. Go Hawks

ummm......yeah.....sorry (not really) for what the Badgers did to the Hawkeyes that day, but hey, thanks for pummeling OSU the week before. ;)

Members online

Latest posts