1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jim Finn could be FA

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tabojc03, Mar 21, 2007.

1. tabojc03

tabojc03 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Position: FB
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 245
    Born: 12/09/1976
    College: Pennsylvania
    NFL Experience: 8

I think there might be a good possibility of them bringing him in if:
    1. Texans don't match Leach's offer
    2. Giants let him go

I've watched him over the last couple of years, I always thought that he needed more touches in the passing game. (Wonder if he has stone hands or not) I just see him as a technique player which would bode well in the zb scheme. What do you guys think?

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I don't know......he's already 30 years old.

3. kmac

kmac Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's a very good player. Leach obviously has more upside for the Giants, but Finn appears to be a hard worker and is a good technique player.

4. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I loved Jim Finn on the Giants. He's got great hands and I think he'd be a good addition. I've seen him make a lot of William Henderson-like plays.

5. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    This is a great post Tabo.

Great post meaning: Food for thought.

I agree with all of the above responses.

Cheesey: Yes he is 30. However, for some player, based on savvy 30 to 33 yrs old may be their most productive years.

kmac: You are right he is good, but it depends on what his roll will be with the RB the Packers bring in, and we all know we will be drafting a RB.

subin: You too make a great point.

My thoughts on this are... He may be a great addition to the team, but I do not know a great deal about his history as a team player and locker room presence... I will have to do a search on that.

I know that there is someone here who will know about his character and I will be able to read that educational post tomorrow before I have to search this.

Good Night Packer Nation.

RP

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Yup RP.....your probably right. The guy might be at his prime now. It can't hurt to check him out.
    Good night to you too RP!!!