Jim Bates

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero..Jerry Grey said he will not return as DC for the Bills. They offered the job to Bates yesterday. They are waiting for his answer. The Bills site just hasn't updated their site.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
DePack said:
Zero..Jerry Grey said he will not return as DC for the Bills. They offered the job to Bates yesterday. They are waiting for his answer. The Bills site just hasn't updated their site.

Ahh so the Bills and Packers have more in common then meets the eye.

So I must apologize, sorry guys.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tromadz..

How is it a step down by going to the Bills? Please explain it to us...

The way I see it...If Bates can turn around the Buffalo Defense in one year like he did with the Packers, then I see his stock going way up in the NFL..not down...

They'll be like..this guy turns teams around in a year...HIRE HIM!

(and digs..i defy you to find one mention of "man ***" in my post...yet you seem to be obsessed with it...anything you wanna get off your chest, digs?...Not that there's anything wrong with it....)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Bates takes the job and the Packers put up 30 against his Bills defense next year...I thought Bates was an excellent coach but it would have served him better by staying around GB for at least another year building upon what he started and landing a HC job in the near future...the odds of him turning around the Bills D in one year just like GB aren't too good IMO...

Reaction score
Actually, ND the odds are excellent of that happening, pending that the Bills get only ONE HUGE DT. They lost Pat Williams, and that was a huge loss to there D. But otherwise, its almost the exact same personel that had a great D 2 years ago. I think it would truly be a D to be reckoned with, having such talent and such an excellent coach.

(Assuming that of course Jauron allows Bates to call the D plays.)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we can agree to disagree...I don't think it's that easy to turn a defense around in one year like Bates seemed to do in GB. It took committment from a lot of players and coaches on that side of the ball to buy in to the system and for a few lucky breaks along the way.

If it happens, then good for Buffalo. I'm just saying that one year turnarounds of the GB Packers nature doesn't happen as often as one likes to think IMO.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, it seems Bates is trying it again. Go to a team as DC and hope to replace the HC down the road. Another re-building job. Guess he did not have any serious takers just a few phone messages for possible
HC jobs.

The years are slipping away. Good luck Jim.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tromadz..

The way I see it...If Bates can turn around the Buffalo Defense in one year like he did with the Packers, then I see his stock going way up in the NFL..not down...

(and digs..i defy you to find one mention of "man ***" in my post...yet you seem to be obsessed with it...anything you wanna get off your chest, digs?...Not that there's anything wrong with it....)

Bates is gonna be known as the guy who can turn your bad defense into a decent defense, and not turn his decent defenses into elite defenses, which he sure could do if he stayed with a team more than 1 year. and favre66, there is no guarantee bates will turn the bills d around. He is working with ****jauron for crying out loud.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
P@ck66 said:
tromadz..

Bates is gonna be known as the guy who can turn your bad defense into a decent defense, and not turn his decent defenses into elite defenses, which he sure could do if he stayed with a team more than 1 year. and favre66, there is no guarantee bates will turn the bills d around. He is working with ****jauron for crying out loud.

Good point tromadz...if Bates wants to be a HC in this league, he should re-think his stragegy and bite the bullet a little bit. I know he was disappointed in TT's decision, but staying in GB and taking the chance to turn the defense from a top 10 D into maybe a top 5 D, HC opportunities could have been there for next season IMO....this way, he will probably improve the Bills D and make them better as he did here; it just probably won't be enough to get a Head Coaching position.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
tt romadz..

ND..Good point and ttromadz shouldn't be used in the same sentence...unless it's referring to the top of his head.....

You guys sound like a couple of Homers that are pissed at Bates for leaving Green Bay...

-blame TT for that one...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we wanted the best for bates, you probably missed the point, since you do that 99% of the time. starting from the ground up yet again in buffalo with **** friggin jauron is not a good thing for the man.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
he coulda stayed here and improved that top 10 defense he created, and maybe brought it to top 5, and again showed he is a great defensive mind.

But now he (rumors) will have to start all over again with the ragtag bills defense.

That's the same defense that you claimed was one of the best in the league when they shut down the Packers in the pre-season. :roll:

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
we wanted the best for bates, you probably missed the point, since you do that 99% of the time. starting from the ground up yet again in buffalo with **** friggin jauron is not a good thing for the man.

think about it for a second though..Jauron will undoubtedly fling poo all over another franchise. if Bates does his job and Jauron gets another team stuck in the mud like usual, it sounds perfect for Bates imo. not to mention he will have no problem working with the talent on Buffalo's D, the expectations should be a bit higher over there though.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
tromadz said:
he coulda stayed here and improved that top 10 defense he created, and maybe brought it to top 5, and again showed he is a great defensive mind.

But now he (rumors) will have to start all over again with the ragtag bills defense.

That's the same defense that you claimed was one of the best in the league when they shut down the Packers in the pre-season. :roll:

id love for you to quote that lie here. i take it you're a supporter of the bills\jauron marriage? yikes, bears fans ARE stupid.

Reaction score
I'm shocked that Jauron got the job! But regardless, I still feel Bates can go in there and provide an instant turn-around. And I wouldn't be surprised if Bates is considered for the next HC job for the Bills, seeing as he has proven he can step up. Levy must have however seen something in Jauron that he REALLY REALLY liked, :-?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Philtration said:
tromadz said:

id love for you to quote that lie here. i take it you're a supporter of the bills\jauron marriage? yikes, bears fans ARE stupid.

You are constantly contradicting yourself Trom. You usually top it off by making up some crap to deflect your bulls**t story. (By the way, I have done nothing but criticize Jauron and could not care less where he ends up)
I really understand why you are a Cub fan.
:roll:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
tt romadz..

ND..Good point and ttromadz shouldn't be used in the same sentence...unless it's referring to the top of his head.....

You guys sound like a couple of Homers that are pissed at Bates for leaving Green Bay...

-blame TT for that one...

I'm not upset at all that Bates left GB. He did what he thought he had to do for himself and family, which I can respect. As far as sounding like a "Homer" or whatever, I beg to differ. Careful on the name-calling though [email protected] wouldn't want your "****" obsession over Favre to be brought into question. We've gotten along up to this point so I'm willing to forgive the "Homer" comment for now. :p

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ND..

I don't Homer as in ****...i mean Homer as in biased for the "Home Team"...or as in Simpson...i don't know..could be either, man....

I mean..aren't you just a little pissed that Bates left the Packers??

What do you expect him to do after the shabby treatment he received at the hands of Lord TT...???

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
ND..

I don't Homer as in ****...i mean Homer as in biased for the "Home Team"...or as in Simpson...i don't know..could be either, man....

I mean..aren't you just a little pissed that Bates left the Packers??

What do you expect him to do after the shabby treatment he received at the hands of Lord TT...???

I wish Bates would have stayed on as DC. In fact, I was hoping he'd get the HC job. The fact is, he didn't, and we have to move on. I was also hoping that once MM was declared HC, he and Bates could sit down and make this thing work. Before I come down too ******* TT, I'll wait and see how this plays out on Sundays, and I'd suggest you do the same but it's your call...

As of today, I would say TT's first draft was a good one. I know we have to wait at least one if not two more years to really judge it, but for right now, it looks adequate. Another solid draft this year and a couple FA pickups (one of which better be a quality guard) and this team may be right back in the thick of things, eh?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
tromadz said:
Philtration said:
tromadz said:

You are constantly contradicting yourself Trom. You usually top it off by making up some crap to deflect your bulls**t story. (By the way, I have done nothing but criticize Jauron and could not care less where he ends up)
I really understand why you are a Cub fan.
:roll:

yeah i always contradict myself, except i dont and refute your BS assaults every damn time.

Members online

Latest posts