1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jim Bates to the rescue

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by JBlood, Nov 12, 2008.

1. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Is Jim Bates still out of football? Is he still interested in coaching?? I believe he has the ability to turn around the soft run defense of the Pack in short order. I'd like to see McCarthy give him a call. Bring him in as a consultant, if nothing else. The guy can coach defense. I think we have the players, but they don't seem to get the scheme. Bates to the rescue....

2. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When Jim Bates was passed over as Packer head Coach. Mike McCarthy got the job, That was end of Jim Bates working for the Green Bay Packers,Inc.

3. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    Well, that was a few years ago. I'd call him if I were McCarthy or Thompson. He turned around a similar defense in the short time that he was last here. Maybe he's at home waiting for a call from someone. If he says "go to hell" at least you tried.