Jets,Houston,San Fransisco

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
those are the teams with records as bad as us, or worse (houston has 1 win).

I will be watching their games closely. If they can win a game or two, and we continue to be coached by mike sherman (no interim coach crap this year, lets ride this out with shermhead), then we could have a chance at the #1 pick in the draft.

I will be rooting for the other teams.

I will also be rooting for the packers.(I just wont cry if they lose)

I see us winning probably only one more, and that is this week vs detroit, which will give us a record of 3-13. That will probably be at least a top 3 pick.

1. Bush
2. Leinart?
3. I dont know college players.

Having anything other than #1 pick is pretty crappy. Are there any other players who we should definitely get, besides that bush boy?

Also, are you going to be watching the other teams too, and rooting for their victory?

2002 OLY packfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no reason the Pack can't go 4-0 to end the season. Seattle has nothing to play for. The Ravens can't score that much. Favre finishes the season on a good note, which will set the stage for his last season. We don't need the top 4 or 5 picks. We need lineman, hopefully defense and linebackers. Can KGB play lb. ?

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ive been saying kgb should play LB for a while. cuz the line...isnt for him. Gb could easilly go 4-0, as much as they could easilly go 0-4 though.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2002 OLY packfan said:
There's no reason the Pack can't go 4-0 to end the season. Seattle has nothing to play for. The Ravens can't score that much. Favre finishes the season on a good note, which will set the stage for his last season. We don't need the top 4 or 5 picks. We need lineman, hopefully defense and linebackers. Can KGB play lb. ?

KGB could play OLB in a 3-4 team, i think he would be a better tackler without a beastly 300-lb tackle always on him...look at what demarcus ware does for dallas/what peter boulware did for the ravens...that could be KGB...and we dont play a 3-4, so trade KGB

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got this feeling that KGB wouldn't do well in space. He would be awesome if we ran a 3-4 defense as a outside pass rusher (Demarcas Ware). Need a bigger body that is good against the run.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's step back for a moment and view what's on the shelf, for next year's draft. Is the QB for Texas coming out? I knew he's was in the running for the Heisman this year. This guy is a single handed winner, look what he's done for Texas this year. Here's the story -----

Vince Young comes in second behind Reggie Bush

• VOTES

Reggie Bush - 784
    Vince Young - 79
    Matt Leinart - 18 (Is NET right about this guy?)
    Brady Quinn - 7 (without Charlie Weis, does this guy get votes?)
    Michael Robinson - 2

Who says Green Bay doesn't deserve a black quarterback (ala Michael Vick), only better....(?)

Tromadz - Something to "think about"..?

I would say, that if Vince Young comes out for the draft - then TT should take a serious look at this guy. Aaron Rodgers or no.... this guy deserves a real critique!

OTHER THAN THAT - I would point out - that Green Bay "needs" protection... Nick Collins is expected to step up his game in the next year - his Rookie year has been almost as good as Nick Barnett's first year (too bad he can't reprise that effort this year). We'll be getting back all of the 1st Squad come next June and with a few changes in the Coaching Staff - we may get this to gel exactly as it needs to be, for Brett Favre.

My wish list ---

• - A new Gilbert Brown replacement for Grady Jackson - along side Colin Cole.
    - An arm-sweep DE for the left side Defense, in rushing QB's who are mostly right handed. A new Reggie White type.
    - A taller CB, to keep the other side of the backfield safe, like AL HARRIS does all day long. (Make this a separate Draft category thread)
    - We'll probably need a new Center - I don't see Flanagan hanging around much longer. (Is Chris White able to replace him?)
    - Is Vonta Leach the real deal? Replace him.....
    - GET TWO NEW RUNNING BACKS - Najeh is gone, so is Fisher - for draft picks most likely.
    - We NEED another 6'5" Wideout - to give the Packers that Manning threat...
    THIS YEAR - let's get the personnel necessary to bring back the TIGER SET - geesh!

We may get third in the Draft this year - but I'd go hunting for these guys...
We don't necessarily NEED any of these SuperStar Heisman types - not really.
The only one I'd be interested in would be Vince Young... I think he's being overlooked (or was...).

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we get a top 5 draft pick, and neither Vince Young 'nor Matt Leinart or Reggie Bush is available, we should trade down to pick DeAngelo Williams, Laurence Maroney or perhaps even Lendale White.

Those of you that say DeAngelo Williams play in a poorer league than Reggie Bush, don't forget that he is the heart and soul of the Memphis team, he doesn't have a team to back him up. Look at their QB and defense!

Laurence Maroney looks like a good pick too, he has NFL all written over him, but I think DeAngelo Williams will be better.

Lendale White is interesting as well, he is a great prospect.

I don't think Reggie Bush will be available to us, I don't think Matt Leinart will be and I don't think Vince Young is coming out next year because he says he intends to return for his senior year.

I see a depth chart where we have:

DeAngelo Williams/Laurence Maroney/Lendale White
Samkon Gado
Noah Herron

I'm not sure about Fisher, is he good enough to contribute enough to deserve a new contract?

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and the jets win and texans choke. brown had a 37 yd fg blocked with 3 mins to go. tenn marched down and kicked one with 15 secs to go. houston returned it into tenn territory and a 15 yd facemask was tacked on. brown then missed the game tying 31 yd fg.

2 things about this game popped out at me.

1. the whole #1 pick thing may be settled cuz they are terrible.
2. would they not take bush with the #1? no one has to convince me that bush is a stud, but i've always said dom davis is a poor man's LT. the guy is all houston has. the line is supposed to be so terrible but dom makes it work. is it possible that they realize that carr just isn't their guy?

on to other thoughts in the thread......

vince young is a great college qb, but i think his best chance in the NFL is as a solid qb. the big 12 is god awful competition. remember how great jason white looked in the big 12?

IPB- What's this?

If you're saying we need "another" to go with Javon, he's only 6-3.

What is the Manning threat? Eli to Plax? Peyton has 6-0 Wayne and 6-0 Marv.

ALSO- I drop KGB off the line and play a 3-4 on madden. Seems to be working...lol.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
VOTES

Reggie Bush - 784
Vince Young - 79
Matt Leinart - 18 (Is NET right about this guy?)
Brady Quinn - 7 (without Charlie Weis, does this guy get votes?)
Michael Robinson - 2
[/list]

My wish list ---

• - A new Gilbert Brown replacement for Grady Jackson - along side Colin Cole.
    - An arm-sweep DE for the left side Defense, in rushing QB's who are mostly right handed. A new Reggie White type.
    - A taller CB, to keep the other side of the backfield safe, like AL HARRIS does all day long. (Make this a separate Draft category thread)
    - We'll probably need a new Center - I don't see Flanagan hanging around much longer. (Is Chris White able to replace him?)
    - Is Vonta Leach the real deal? Replace him.....
    - GET TWO NEW RUNNING BACKS - Najeh is gone, so is Fisher - for draft picks most likely.
    THIS YEAR - let's get the personnel necessary to bring back the TIGER SET - geesh!

• first off, heisman, micheal robinson, two first place votes...it sucks that only the top three were given seats at the ceremony, cause robinson deserved recognition for being one of the best players in the country

you say gilbert brown replacement, i say haloti ngata...unless we end up with bush, which i dont think we do, ngata is the best choice for us--cole and ngata starting...peterson, washington, others

we need to get another cornerback from somewhere, so guys like jason horton can't possibly get into our lineup ever again--draft, sign, i agree with that

i say junius coston gets a turn at center going into camp...i agree flanagan is not capable of anything anymore

i disagree with new left-side DE, kampman has done all he possibly could have this season--i say look elsewhere than KGB on the right end, he doesnt contribute enough, and makes too much money

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
ALSO- I drop KGB off the line and play a 3-4 on madden. Seems to be working...lol.

So many things wrong here... Let's not use Madden as a justification to change the defense. There are times when KGB drops off into space and he just seems lost doing it. This is a bad idea, we just don't have the personnel for a 3-4 defense.

Bates' defense is working, there's no reason to chance the scheme. We do need our players to continue to gain experience. This is Barnett's 3rd year and his 3rd different DC. How can anyone improve with that lack of consistency?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts