1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jesus meets Tebow on SNL

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by SanDiegoCheese, Dec 19, 2011.

1. SanDiegoCheese

SanDiegoCheese West Coast Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +184
  2. PackAttack1992

PackAttack1992 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    ESPN showed this before the game - hilarious!

3. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +184
    "The Holy Bible is my playbook" :laugh::roflmao::roflmao:

4. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    LMFAO Bill Bellichek and the devil horns LMAOOOOOOO I heard about this all week, apparently it pissed off all those crazy bible freaks in Colorado lol

5. SanDiegoCheese

Ratings:
    +184
    FYI: Jesus will be on vacation this weekend. :D
    Pats kill Broncos. Brady, Gronk and Hernandez will torch the DEN secondary.

6. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    I thought this was hilarious, and I am a big fan of the bible, as I am the Packers.
    Not sure if that makes me a bible freak, or a Packers freak.

But the humor here was solid.

7. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    I too am a big fan of the bible but didn't care for the skit.

8. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    I am sensitive towards anything anti-Christian (like all those attacking Kirk Cameron right now for speaking the truth, like he's not allowed to have freedom of speech), but I wasn't offended by this and thought it was funny. Not A+ funny, but solid funny stuff like a B+ humor line.

But we're all different for sure.

My mom thinks Rodgers is as great a Christian as Tebow is, and I think Tebow is 10x the better Christian than Rodgers is. so we all differ on things.

9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,678
    Thought a thread with "Jesus" was the right place for this news release:

May 29, 2013 -A staggering 100,000 Christians are killed annually because of their faith, according to the Vatican -- and several human rights groups claim such anti-Christian violence is on the rise in countries like Pakistan, Nigeria and Egypt.

"Credible research has reached the shocking conclusion that an estimate of more than 100,000 Christians are violently killed because of some relation to their faith every year," Vatican spokesman Monsieur Silvano Maria Tomassi said Tuesday in a radio address to the United Nations Human Rights Council.

"Other Christians and other believers are subjected to forced displacement, to the destruction of their places of worship, to rape and to the abduction of their leaders, as it recently happened in the case of Bishops Yohanna Ibrahim and Boulos Yaziji, in Aleppo [Syria]," Tomassi said.

While several human rights groups could not comment specifically on the Vatican's number, organizations, like Persecution.Org, said the persecutions of Christians have been on the rise in places like Africa and the Middle East over the last decade.

"Two-hundred million Christians currently live under persecution. It’s absolutely on the rise," Jeff King, the group's president, aid
    "It’s easing in the old Communist world and it's rising in the Islamic world," King said, noting in particular countries like Egypt, Pakistan and Nigeria. King said that the first major killing spree in recent years happened between 1998 and 2003, when he claims 10,000 Christians were murdered in Indonesia alone during those years.