Jersey care

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My birthday was last Saturday and I was lucky enough to have every person I know pitch in a few bucks and get me an authentic Packer jersey! However, I don't know if it's safe to wash it in the regular washing machine and dry it in the regular dryer. How do you guys care for yours??

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wash it in the regular machine but lie it flat to dry were the instructions I got from the Pro Shop when I bought mine.

This is what I've been told and always live by. Also, try not to stink it up, because the less times you wash it, the longer it should last. I try to just wear it for a few hours per day I wear it, and only wash it when I've actually gotten it dirty.

And congrats on the replica, those are supersweet! :thumbsup:

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have an unofficial jersey and I wash it and dry as usual. Depending on the color, you might want to put it with dark clothes. Follow the instructions on the tag that comes with it.

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks everyone. I imagine that it is a very strong garment and can stand up to normal washing and drying, but since i want it to last about 1000 years, the gentler i am on it the better.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
thanks everyone. I imagine that it is a very strong garment and can stand up to normal washing and drying, but since i want it to last about 1000 years, the gentler i am on it the better.
I would wash it in the washer, OR hand wash as Porky says. I would NOT use hot water to wash it.
And i always hang dry my jerseys. NEVER put it in the dryer. It can cause the numbers/letters to curl.
Thats just the way i see it. Hope that helps!
By the way......what jersey did you get? Favre? Or a custon one with your name?

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone really screwed up with the washing when a football team's jersey's end up purple...LOL...

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wash jerseys separately in cold water, then I lay flat to dry. I wouldnt put jerseys with any other articles of clothing ever. I try to not over wash it, I wash it when its dirty or has a stain on it. The more you wash it the less time it will last...just IMO that is..

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell the b**** that if she f**** up your jersey, you will slap the s*** out of her. Remember, communication is the key to a relationship.

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i do my best to use as many adjective as possible and talk in a loud and intimidating voice to get my point across as clearly as possible.

TastesLikeChicken

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DO NOT PUT IT IN THE WASHING MACHINE OR THE DRYER.

Take it to the dry cleaners.

PS- forward this note to Favre, his jersey's going to get pretty dirty on Sunday. :)

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DO NOT PUT IT IN THE WASHING MACHINE OR THE DRYER.

Take it to the dry cleaners.

PS- forward this note to Favre, his jersey's going to get pretty dirty on Sunday. :)

Dry cleaning is great! But if people cannot afford to dry clean it then washing it in cold water is best..I have been washing mine now for three years and mine is still wonderful nothing wrong with it.

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so my jersey arrived today. Except, it's not my jersey. It says "Anderson" on the back, but the size and number are wrong. My wife called the proshop and they said we need to wait til they find out where my jersey is, cuz i got somebody else's and somebody else probably got mine. Well mine took 4 weeks to get here, and it sounds like it may be another 4-6 weeks to get here. And i'm going to the Vikings game November 11, so it may not be here by then. I haven't talked to the proshop yet, but i don't think it's out of line for me to ask them to put a rush on a replacement for me. My dad is a business owner, and, for him, if he screws up something like that, he fixes it, and if it's one of his vendors that screws up, then the vendor fixes it, right? This just sucks. I want my jersey.

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
so my jersey arrived today. Except, it's not my jersey. It says "Anderson" on the back, but the size and number are wrong. My wife called the proshop and they said we need to wait til they find out where my jersey is, cuz i got somebody else's and somebody else probably got mine. Well mine took 4 weeks to get here, and it sounds like it may be another 4-6 weeks to get here. And i'm going to the Vikings game November 11, so it may not be here by then. I haven't talked to the proshop yet, but i don't think it's out of line for me to ask them to put a rush on a replacement for me. My dad is a business owner, and, for him, if he screws up something like that, he fixes it, and if it's one of his vendors that screws up, then the vendor fixes it, right? This just sucks. I want my jersey.

You need to unload on them. That is unacceptable. They either give you your jersey in another 4 weeks at half price OR they make another and send it to you next week. Otherwise, tell them you are canceling your order.

The squeekey wheel gets oiled. If you say nothing to them, you are a **** and deserve to get pushed around. You should be forceful, but not beligerant. Save that for if they wont budge.

OP
OP
bozz_2006

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks. that's how i feel. my wife talked to them and was being nice. i will not be nice. i won't be a **** unless i have to be, but i'm not gonna let them jerk me around.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts