1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jerry Kramer.... Not even fans can vote him in?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by G0PackG0, Sep 16, 2010.

1. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Fan's Choice: Home

This contest by van heusen got me so excited. i was going to vote for kramer over and over... If his name was on the ballot.. What did he do to piss off the HoF people?!

2. DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +48
    I think the major reason is simple. He is a prick (in the eyes of some of the voters) for his nonstop berating of the leagues health benefits regarding retired players. I hope to see him soon though, as the trashiest players with ZERO respect for the game are now getting in (half the 90s cowboys). Hopefully he will get there soon, as he was/ is one of the most dominant Linemen in NFL history.

I just think the league tries to keep it fresh and current with names that the kiddies and 20 somethings will know to keep the ceremony entertaining and viable for an audience. It seems like they only sneak one good ole timer in every year or so, usually to the chagrin of the majority of the audience who are saying "WHO?!?"

No respect

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Might be one of the most common non favre topics on this board.

If Jerry isnt in by the year after his death he will never be in.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Alot of voters feel that there is enough 60s packers in already.

Another thing to look at is how many pure Guards in the hall. I think 3, but dont hold me to that.

5. G0PackG0

G0PackG0 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I just assumed he was in. I was looking for his bust while we were in canton

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL7kaDVFvS0]YouTube - Jerry Kramer talks about the greatness of Vince Lombardi[/ame]

7. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    That's gotta be a tough job, selecting Hall of Famers...isn't there only like 16 people in the committee? They have to select someone newer, someone older, some kind of procedure like that...not sure exactly off the top of my head...I think Jerry Kramer may not ever make it, but he will forever be part of great football history

8. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +490
    J Kramer not in the HOF is one of the greatest mysteries in the world... just like who shot Tupac and Biggie...

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    one voter for each city and a couple national voters, such as peter king.