Jermichael Finley for Chris Johnson

Would you trade Finley right now for Chris Johnson?

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Benson might be done for the season, and his contract is just the one-year non-guarantee.
Finley should be ready this week.

Finley's cap hit this year is just under $6 mil.
Johnson's is 10.5, it peaks at $12 next year, then goes down.
Finley's inked for this year and next, when his cap hit is $8.75 mil.

Is this a deal you would do? Perhaps a middle-round draft pick would be necessary. Regardless, is this a deal you would be in favor of?

Yes or no.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
He isn't producing now.. let alone we don't have a better o-line when it comes to running. Plus he needs da monehh..

DA MONEY!

we can barely afford our players like it is, let alone Chris Johnson (50+ Million). Also if we trade for Chris, we can forget about signing anyone else for 2 years!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I vote for "C"... No, even though this offense needs a competent running back Chris Johnson's contract is INSANE.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like just about all of our RBs are over-rated.
Except for James Starks.
He is the only one that I know of who produced.
We gotta get him back out there ASAP.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think both teams would be willing to do a deal like this.
It's only $2 mil more next year for CJ2K than Finley.
We did fine in 2010 minus his talent/attitude. I know he tries hard, but it's not a fit. We must acquit. Him.

CJ2K automatically commands a lot of attention from the opposing defenses. What he's done, hasn't done, in Tennessee has been amazing as there hasn't been a real QB or passing game for defenses to worry about. When they block for him, he's been All-Pro and is THE fastest WR in the NFL.

I believe he'd open up the passing game for us. I also believe because the D's fear Rodgers, Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, etc. that CJ2K would see fewer men at the LOS than ever before.

But can our OL run block?
And with our luck, how soon would Johnson get hurt?

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch all of the Titans games and consider them as my 2nd-favorite team. Also live just outside of Nashville.

CJ-28 has a "Never my fault" type of attitude. If you don't like J-Mike because of attitude, then you'll get sick of CJ very quickly.

CJ doesn't have the same burst as he had during his first three seasons. He looks more like a 4.4 runner instead of the 4.2 runner who blew everybody away in the late-00s.

He hates contact. He's like Alex Green in that he dances way too much. Maybe even more than Green.

The Titans would have absolutely no interest in Jermichael Finley. Jared Cook is better (same style of TE as Finley). Problem is, their offensive coordinator (Chris Palmer) doesn't use him. Titans also love their No. 2 TE (Craig Stevens).

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except for James Starks.

Alex Green barely played last season due to injury and barely played this season due to having a better veteran on the roster. Not sure we've seen enough to label him "overrated."

IIRC, starks didn't exactly set the world on fire last season.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alex Green barely played last season due to injury and barely played this season due to having a better veteran on the roster. Not sure we've seen enough to label him "overrated."

IIRC, starks didn't exactly set the world on fire last season.

I agree. That's why Starks' "turf toe" injury kept him out the first give games of the season. Starks was handed the job and was so bad in camp and preseason that Benson was pulled off the scrap heap and named the starter.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade my dog for chris johnson. That guy is a joke. A fat contract and he becomes useless. The only big game he has is his talk. He is DONE. Teams no longer fear him and he has no more vision.....he lost his mojo.

That trade would be listed as one of the worst in history.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I think both teams would be willing to do a deal like this.
It's only $2 mil more next year for CJ2K than Finley.
We did fine in 2010 minus his talent/attitude. I know he tries hard, but it's not a fit. We must acquit. Him.

CJ2K automatically commands a lot of attention from the opposing defenses. What he's done, hasn't done, in Tennessee has been amazing as there hasn't been a real QB or passing game for defenses to worry about. When they block for him, he's been All-Pro and is THE fastest WR in the NFL.

I believe he'd open up the passing game for us. I also believe because the D's fear Rodgers, Jennings, Jordy, Cobb, Jones, etc. that CJ2K would see fewer men at the LOS than ever before.

But can our OL run block?
And with our luck, how soon would Johnson get hurt?

Our O-line can barely block for our RB's.....doubt they could block for CJ, that guy needs a lane big enough to drive a dump truck through, we can't provide that. CJ is not as elusive as he was 3 years ago.
Teams don't respect CJ anymore, they try to make the titans beat them in the passing game....and we all know that aint happening.

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Except for James Starks.

I would not say that Green or Saine are over-rated. I would say they are rated. I don't think the general NFL fan even knows who these two are, hardly.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I voted yes, however we're getting rid of one ego and essentially getting another.

But Chris Johnson will actually produce. We don't have the best line, but he's a zone runner and we're a zone blocking team, Tennessee is physical man blocking team now which is why he's struggling.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone here old enough to remember the great 1998+ Vikings offense?
They had the passing game, and then the dangerous homerun threat RB in Robert Smith. He'd pop long ones all the time.

CJ is a lot better than Robert Smith was.
Plus he's a fine receiver.

But they think Benson will be back IF we are still in playoff contention in early December so there's no way that we'd bring in another RB like that. Pipedream. Had we not gotten Benson, who knows. Still pipedream.

MLB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, Frank. I don't think that trade would work.

I would like to see -- if this trade could be made -- Finley going to a team that truly needs a TE....and would be willing to give up a stud offensive lineman (one who excells at both run- and pass-blocking) in return.

It could be a center, guard, or tackle...I don't care. Just someone -- a "stud" -- who could help our RBs be effective, and, someone who'll help give our QB adequate pocket protection---so that Aaron Rodgers will start looking like, well....Aaron Rodgers.

Am I being realistic, or am I dreaming?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, Frank. I don't think that trade would work.

I would like to see -- if this trade could be made -- Finley going to a team that truly needs a TE....and would be willing to give up a stud offensive lineman (one who excells at both run- and pass-blocking) in return.

It could be a center, guard, or tackle...I don't care. Just someone -- a "stud" -- who could help our RBs be effective, and, someone who'll help give our QB adequate pocket protection---so that Aaron Rodgers will start looking like, well....Aaron Rodgers.

Am I being realistic, or am I dreaming?

Dreaming.

If its the rare player for player trade you are going to get something equal in return. Finley does not equal a stud anything

kiwitexansfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once upon a time, CJ2K gave Texans fans nightmares, now he is the butt of our Titan fan jokes.

You could do much better than him off the street let alone in a trade.

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I honestly don't think the Titans would even want him, and I dont think we'd want CJ2K's contract especially since way more important contracts are coming up. I feel like if our O-line got their ish together there is no reason we cant run successful screen passes with Green/Saine or even Cobb. All of them have the speed for that it's just the fact of executing it.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well this will never happen.....however i think chris johnson is better suited for a zone blocking scheme where he can use his speed,vision, and quickness to find the opening. He's not a power runner which is why he's struggling.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's assume that TT/MM would consider trading Finley especially after the way he's been shooting his mouth lately. If Chris Johnson isn't a realistic choice, is there any other team/player out there that would be a more realistic trade scenario?

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's assume that TT/MM would consider trading Finley especially after the way he's been shooting his mouth lately. If Chris Johnson isn't a realistic choice, is there any other team/player out there that would be a more realistic trade scenario?
Somebody's 2nd round draft pick. If somebody was willing to trade FOR him, that means they are buying into his talent... which is fair for a 2nd round pick.

How about trade Finley & Crosby to St Louis for that kicker they have?

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley is bad news. Talented, but bad news. It is no accident that we won it all when he went down. Players like him always sink the team. There are winners and losers. Winners are the Jordy Nelsons and Clay Matthews of the league. "Winners" are not necessarily the most talented, but they help the "team" win. In Clay's case, we get both team spirit and MVP talent, which makes him a double-winner. Finley falls in the "Loser" camp. Trade him for a decent RB or some other "team" player - doesn't even have to match his talent, just have a good head on his shoulders.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts