Jermichael F

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don`t think I said anything about Packer loyalty in my original question ;), I asked if anybody thought he`d improved in attitude and ability. I am not stupid to believe ANY player, and I do mean ANY player has loyalty to the organisation the way the fans do. I DO however believe in credit where credit is due. JMHO

I don't think I said anything about giving credit where it is due. His attitude has taken a turn of course because he is showing his freak god given ability to play the game the right way. This was no jab - he's a primadonna in its truest sense. Just like another poster said, when he is not fighting for a contract; one week bum, the next week world beater.

OP
OP
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I don't think I said anything about giving credit where it is due. His attitude has taken a turn of course because he is showing his freak god given ability to play the game the right way. This was no jab - he's a primadonna in its truest sense. Just like another poster said, when he is not fighting for a contract; one week bum, the next week world beater.
Fair comment, but I still think he`s impressed so far this season. I`m not looking to argue ;)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the best offer the Packers should give him is a modest 2 year deal. No reason to give him big money or a long term deal. He has never put together a great season to deserve a big contract. He isnt a top 5 TE.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
There won't be that many bidders for an concussed, spinal injured TE. Anyone who signs him will have the contract loaded with playing time incentives/kickers

Really? Damn near every player has had a concussion by now.......spinal or neck issues and not wanted ?? Tell that to Manning and the Broncos.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing at a time, guys.
Let's wait and hope for Finley to heal and see if he returns.
Football doesn't seem to be the priority for him right now.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley was leading all TEs in the NFL in yards after contact before his injury, in 5 games of playing time he was on pace for 900 yards receiving. I gotta think that most people would realize that his performance against Cleveland prior to getting injured showed what Finley is capable of when he's featured in the offense.

Is he a top-5 TE? Not in the Packers offense that features Cobb, Nelson, Jones and Lacy. Would he be a top-5 TE in an offense where he was the primary or secondary receiving threat? Hard to say but his performance against Cleveland seemed to indicate that he could be. He was on pace to finish the game with about 6 catches for 90 yards against a team that actually does a decent job defending the TE. Now none of this really pertains because only a very few people actually have legit details on what's going on with Finley but I for one am hopeful that he'll be able to play again this season and continue to prove that he can be a fairly dominant player when given a chance.
Just some quick numbers when evaluating some other guys considered top-5 tight ends:
  • Witten was targeted by Romo 150 times last year, Finley was targeted 88 times, of course Witten wil have better numbers
  • Skip 2012 because Vernon Davis had a bad year but in 2011, when Davis and Finley had similar targets, Finley averaged more yards per catch and had more TDs (Davis had 25 more yards)
  • Tony Gonzalez had 124 targets to Finley's 88 (Finley averaged more yards per catch

Not putting Gronk or Graham up there because that would be silly, he's obviously not at there level. However, I'm not sure that there's anything definitive that says Finley couldn't be just as successful as other high level tight ends if he was in an offense that featured fewer receiving options.

This isn't an attempt to convince people that we need to sign Finley to a lucrative contract if he plays football again. In fact, I would hazard a guess that it simply shows that a high level TE is not necessary in Rodgers' and MM's offense. I may not like that (I think a great TE gives you some great mismatches) but I'm not the one throwing the ball or designing plays (the guys doing those two things are WAAAYYY better at it than me).

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I can't remember a single season that Finley hasn't looked like a first ballot HOF and a bum at different times. Here's hoping he can continue the former.

According to you and the Buluga theory...Finley is a miss as well..TT whiffed on Finley

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
According to you and the Buluga theory...Finley is a miss as well..TT whiffed on Finley
I'm not saying, nor did I say that either was a miss, but if Finley never plays football again, you can't count him as a threat over the middle for us. If Bulaga continues to play less than 50% of the year, you can't really count him as an anchor on our oline.

Now George Blanda, there's a player.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts