1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Jermichael F

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by buggybill2003, Sep 16, 2013.

1. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,068
    Has anybody else been impressed with him this season ?? He really looks like he`s matured this season to me anyway. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I chalk it up to being a contract year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +875
    I like what I see. Whether it is a result of the season being a contract year, or if he is finally feeling good on his knee, or if its because he put back on those 15 pounds he lost last year... I don't care. He's a beast right now. Good to see it and hope we see lots more.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +127
    Honestly, yes, however I still think it's 100% contract reasons. I fear if we do offer him a new contract it better be incentive laced because just handing this guy cash will result in his lazy self returning more than likely.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,011
    I just think he's getting more chances, he needs to stay focused and make the most out of those chances however. He never really goes down on first contact and always tries for the extra yards that's what i like about him. If he can consistently catch the ball i prdicted a big season for him before the yr started.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Mike McCarthy said he noticed a changed man after the bye week last year. They would know far more about J-Mike than any of us. I feel a good amount of performance and lack of "a big mouth" has to do with what is good for the pocketbook with him. How many players have we seen get fat and happy after a big contract in the NFL? I'm sure they'll tread carefully considering his history.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. NorthEast Packer

NorthEast Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    What I love about what I have seen in Fin thus far is when he gets the ball he is running with reckless abandon and doing his best to flatten and DB or LB that gets in his way for that extra yard

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    This!!!! ^^^^^^ :cool:

9. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Contract year or not, Finley was on a contract year before and played WORSE than he should have been... When you're on the field, you don't really think about that kind of stuff. If being on a contract year helps Finley catch balls and break 5 tackles per game, then we should just sign him to a 7 mil 1 year contract every year! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ceodore

Ceodore Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    His hands look match better, so far anyway. Lotta season left.

11. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +337
    Finley's problem was never his work ethic, by all accounts he always kept his body in immaculate form worked extremely hard during camps and practices. The trouble with him has always been maturity, sometimes receivers "press" too hard and their hands turn to stone. Finley seems to have learned to relax, his hands look much softer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +875
    Hope he keeps his mouth and twitter account silent, too...

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    A lot of football left to play. Let's hope his current form of beast mode continues. If he can stear clear of foul media types and keep the drops under control I think Fin should be ok.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,113
    I think the change in Finley started last November when he initiated having weekly meetings with Rodgers. He was still talking too much and before the season he lost too much weight (IMO) perhaps in an attempt to be more “WR-like”. The improvement this season has continued so far has been significant: He put on good weight in the off season to be a better blocker, he’s kept his mouth shut, and he has shown a renewed determination on the field.

Here’s a quote from Rodgers from Wilde’s blog posted 11-28: “With Jermichael, I think it’s been about getting on the same page and spending some time together. And I think the thing I appreciate about him over the last three or four weeks is just how he really has been a good teammate. I think he really has. He cares about his guys; he’s been intentional about spending time with me and wanting to make sure we’re on the same page. And I think it’s helped. I really do think it’s helped.”

http://www.espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=15741

15. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Day Tripper

Ratings:
    +67
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
  17. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Day Tripper

Ratings:
    +67
    Maybe ESPN hasn't updated its YAC from week 2 yet? I just watched each of his 5 catches against SF and counted 56 total yards and 59 YAC. I might be off a yard here and there as far as where he actually caught the ball, but of his five catches, not one of them was caught a full yard past the LOS. If I can find a copy of the Redskins game I'll check his catches from that game as well.

EDIT:
    Just saw Paul posted a 4-part tweet verifying the stat:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  18. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
  19. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    You haven't heard of the J-mike and MD Show?
    The camps with Fitz are finally paying off.

20. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I'm thinking the same way.
    It's one thing for an ex-teamate to bad mouth a QB and another for a current player to do so.
    As long as he keeps his mouth shut about Rodgers and makes catches and plays, he's all right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. PFanCan

Ratings:
    +875
    No, I haven't. I don't live in Wisconsin, so miss out. I do, however, listen to the Bill Michaels show on Monday mornings via my TuneIn app.

22. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +484
    J-mike show on WDUZ 107.5 they stream also.

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    This sudden emergence has everything to do with cash, and the open market. Once signed, back to Jerdroppal paddlehands diarrhea mouth IMHO. This guy is the definition of primadonna. If anyone thinks there is packer loyalty playing its hand, think again.

• Old Old x 1
  24. Bus Cook

Bus Cook You're never alone with a schizophrenic

Ratings:
    +226
    I can't remember a single season that Finley hasn't looked like a first ballot HOF and a bum at different times. Here's hoping he can continue the former.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,068
    I don`t think I said anything about Packer loyalty in my original question ;), I asked if anybody thought he`d improved in attitude and ability. I am not stupid to believe ANY player, and I do mean ANY player has loyalty to the organisation the way the fans do. I DO however believe in credit where credit is due. JMHO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Old Old x 1