Jermauria Rasco

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jermauria-rasco?id=2552294
STRENGTHS
Upper echelon football intelligence. Has great eyes and anticipation. Rarely fooled by play-action and screens. Has benefited from playing for defensive coordinator John Chavis. Skilled with his hands. Quick out of stance. Takes good pursuit angles and can make himself skinny when slanting. Can "rip and run" around the edge as a rusher. Has played with a hand in the ground and standing. Has ability to transition into full-time 3-4 OLB spot. Seamless change of direction and an accelerator to close on perimeter. Tough enough. Flexible upper body with decent hips.

Surprised he hasn't been mentioned here, but then again, he was an undrafted FA. He had a very good career at LSU playing against elite SEC competition. Had over 170 tackles and 10 sacks in his career playing DE and OLB while at LSU. He lead LSU in tackles his Senior season from the DE/OLB spot.

I am predicting that he makes our final roster as a backup OLB. This guy is a player.

Anyway, I am most excited about him out of all of our undrafted FA's.

Last edited:

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Crockett this is my second favorite UDFA. He definitely has a chance to make some noise and the fact that he played in the SEC and performed well shows he has a chance to be more than "just a camp body." Nice post bro.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
This is what Michael Rodney at Packers Notes had to say about him:
He’s the best prospect among the undrafted free agents. Not flashy, but just a solid football player. Can set the edge and provide decent pressure. If he were a little bigger (6’3, 247), a little faster (4.77) and a little more explosive, he would’ve been drafted within the first four rounds. Kind of surprised he chose to sign with the Packers since the team is so deep at outside linebacker.
http://packersnotes.com/2015/05/undrafted-rookie-roundup/

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One, doesn't that physical description read more like an ILB, where there is precious little competition? Two, how many undrafteds would have choices if they were bigger, faster and more explosive? :)

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One, doesn't that physical description read more like an ILB, where there is precious little competition? Two, how many undrafteds would have choices if they were bigger, faster and more explosive? :)
You have to wonder if they plan on him competing at ILB. One can't help but notice the glowing remarks about his football intelligence as that can help cover up some other physical limitations, but his size is certainly not ideal. Through and through the kid does appear to be a good football player and sometimes many times numbers from a workout don't do guys like this justice. I do like the fact that we get first crack at him and am excited to see what he brings to the table. Overall I am pretty happy with our group of UDFA's this year and can't wait to see some of these guys in camp. One UDFA I am hoping to make some noise is Adrian Hubbard from last season. He was the guy that had some heart issues (since been cleared) as well as a rather high opinion of himself (according to everyone but him...haha). If you were to build a OLB he would probably look like Hubbard as he stands 6"6", weighs around 257 and has very longs arms. As his pre-draft NFL report said he has "Good take-on strength and anchor -- bench-presses tight ends. Nimble-footed enough to carry tight ends down the field (see LSU)." You have to love the "bench-presses tight ends" line, no?! He was thought to be a Round 3-4 kid but went undrafted and in reality I think this may have been a blessing in disguise. What better way to learn humility than not go in the round(s) you were expecting then end up not getting drafted at all?! According to his interview on P.C he has put on 10-15 lbs of muscle which by my math would make him about 270ish now. He said he stayed in GB this off season so the coaches could see him putting in the work and I hope for our sake his hard work pays off. This is a kid that played a critical position for Coach Saban at Bama and did it at a pretty high level. Saban, more than any other collegiate coach, throws a ton of info at his defensive players and it's sink or swim. He has the pedigree and I am hoping the drive to be a nice contributor as soon as this season and he my sleeper pick-to-click. I will quit gushing on him now. It's been a looooong, slow, rainy day at the car lot so I have had lots of time to let my mind wonder... :)

G P G!!

P.S.: If I don't get a chance later, Happy Mother's Day to any ladies reading this and fellas make sure you take care of mama! Be good y'all!

D

Deleted member 6794

Rasco isn't athletic as his vertical and broad jump would have ranked within the worst three of all linebackers at the combine or strong enough with only 12 bench press reps (which was four less than the worst LB at the combine). In addition he doesn't seem to be smart with a Wonderlic of only 9. I don't expect him to make the team.

duskywing

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the dumb players are described as "Upper echelon football intelligence." I wonder what NFL.com calls the smart players.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to wonder if they plan on him competing at ILB. One can't help but notice the glowing remarks about his football intelligence as that can help cover up some other physical limitations, but his size is certainly not ideal. Through and through the kid does appear to be a good football player and sometimes many times numbers from a workout don't do guys like this justice. I do like the fact that we get first crack at him and am excited to see what he brings to the table. Overall I am pretty happy with our group of UDFA's this year and can't wait to see some of these guys in camp. One UDFA I am hoping to make some noise is Adrian Hubbard from last season. He was the guy that had some heart issues (since been cleared) as well as a rather high opinion of himself (according to everyone but him...haha). If you were to build a OLB he would probably look like Hubbard as he stands 6"6", weighs around 257 and has very longs arms. As his pre-draft NFL report said he has "Good take-on strength and anchor -- bench-presses tight ends. Nimble-footed enough to carry tight ends down the field (see LSU)." You have to love the "bench-presses tight ends" line, no?! He was thought to be a Round 3-4 kid but went undrafted and in reality I think this may have been a blessing in disguise. What better way to learn humility than not go in the round(s) you were expecting then end up not getting drafted at all?! According to his interview on P.C he has put on 10-15 lbs of muscle which by my math would make him about 270ish now. He said he stayed in GB this off season so the coaches could see him putting in the work and I hope for our sake his hard work pays off. This is a kid that played a critical position for Coach Saban at Bama and did it at a pretty high level. Saban, more than any other collegiate coach, throws a ton of info at his defensive players and it's sink or swim. He has the pedigree and I am hoping the drive to be a nice contributor as soon as this season and he my sleeper pick-to-click. I will quit gushing on him now. It's been a looooong, slow, rainy day at the car lot so I have had lots of time to let my mind wonder... :)

G P G!!

P.S.: If I don't get a chance later, Happy Mother's Day to any ladies reading this and fellas make sure you take care of mama! Be good y'all!

Rasco and Ryan inside? Sorry, that puddle on my post is drool!

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rasco isn't athletic as his vertical and broad jump would have ranked within the worst three of all linebackers at the combine or strong enough with only 12 bench press reps (which was four less than the worst LB at the combine). In addition he doesn't seem to be smart with a Wonderlic of only 9. I don't expect him to make the team.

Don't you get 5 Wonderlic points alone for getting your name right?

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand the wonderlic argument but at the end of the day there have been plenty of guys who bombed the test and ended up being good players (Frank Gore scored 6. Yes 6.) I can't speak to his power but he did say that during the bench he lost his grip and asked for a redo but was denied. Back to the wonderlic score. I find it somewhat contradictory that he scored so low yet possesses "upper echelon football intelligence" just as duskywing noted. I am not saying you throw away the score just that it's too easy to write a guy off before you watch him play because he didn't perform well enough with a pencil and paper. This kid played at one of the premier programs in arguably the toughest conference in a pro-style, attacking defensive scheme and did it from his freshman year on. Les Miles doesn't play guys that are stiffs or questionable because of the talent pool at his disposal. He gets to pick from the cream of the crop and if this kid could get on the field for 4 years in Baton Rouge there has to be some true talent there. LSU has defensive guys by the handful enter the NFL almost every year and there's a reason for that. He may end up being nothing but I am still excited to see what he can do. Hopefully he can prove to be a pleasant surprise and end up helping us out! G P G!

PS: I am not saying WIMM or anyone else for that matter dislikes this guy strictly due to score so I hope it wasn't taken that way. This kid does have some physical limitations for sure. The point I was making is that it IS easy to write kids off due to a score and I try not to do that anymore. You can either play or you can't. Be good y'all.

D

Deleted member 6794

I understand the wonderlic argument but at the end of the day there have been plenty of guys who bombed the test and ended up being good players (Frank Gore scored 6. Yes 6.) I can't speak to his power but he did say that during the bench he lost his grip and asked for a redo but was denied. Back to the wonderlic score. I find it somewhat contradictory that he scored so low yet possesses "upper echelon football intelligence" just as duskywing noted. I am not saying you throw away the score just that it's too easy to write a guy off before you watch him play because he didn't perform well enough with a pencil and paper. This kid played at one of the premier programs in arguably the toughest conference in a pro-style, attacking defensive scheme and did it from his freshman year on. Les Miles doesn't play guys that are stiffs or questionable because of the talent pool at his disposal. He gets to pick from the cream of the crop and if this kid could get on the field for 4 years in Baton Rouge there has to be some true talent there. LSU has defensive guys by the handful enter the NFL almost every year and there's a reason for that. He may end up being nothing but I am still excited to see what he can do. Hopefully he can prove to be a pleasant surprise and end up helping us out! G P G!

PS: I am not saying WIMM or anyone else for that matter dislikes this guy strictly due to score so I hope it wasn't taken that way. This kid does have some physical limitations for sure. The point I was making is that it IS easy to write kids off due to a score and I try not to do that anymore. You can either play or you can't. Be good y'all.

The wonderlic score isn´t the only reason why I don´t think Rasco will make the Packers final roster. As I´ve posted above he has very limited athleticism and in addition he didn´t put up great numbers at LSU during his senior year either with only 1.5 of his sacks coming against really good competition (2.5 of his sacks came against Sam Houston State, Louisiana-Monroe and Kentucky).

Members online

Latest posts