Jeremy Shockey

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else think the Giants are going to trade him or cut him? No doubt he has talent, but there is something to be said about a team playing better when one of their best offensive players gets injured. Would you want Shockey with the Pack? I can see some of the advantages in having him play a Chmura role, but think his ego might be a little much for our young team.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I don't know if I am buying that they will ship Shockey out, maybe but he has a world of talent.

But lets say he is on the market, should we be a player in trying to aquire him.. he has a mouth and ego that few in the NFL have, but he also plays full tilt on Sunday's.

He would be a huge addition to the center of the field, but in the end he would try an take over the spotlight and locker room. Not worth the risk in my opinion, he needs to be on a brash team that would embrace that attitude.

Dude wants to win with a passion though.. just uncontrolled at this point. I could see Brett trying to drill one right through his chest to shut him up.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And he's one of the best blocking TEs in the game.......If you can handle his mouth...............It's be interesting to see how he would handle GB as opposed to NY.

OP
OP
T

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And he's one of the best blocking TEs in the game.......If you can handle his mouth...............It's be interesting to see how he would handle GB as opposed to NY.

Boss really impressed me so I don't thinking losing Shockey would hurt your G Men that much. I do think it would be wishful thinking that he would come to GB. Seems like someone destined for Oakland.

I think it is rather cool having a guy named Boss on your team when you play your home games in New Jersey. Yeah, I like my Springsteen.

SNAP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SNAP said:

Boss really impressed me so I don't thinking losing Shockey would hurt your G Men that much. I do think it would be wishful thinking that he would come to GB. Seems like someone destined for Oakland.

I think it is rather cool having a guy named Boss on your team when you play your home games in New Jersey. Yeah, I like my Springsteen.

Except we stink at home.

Boss is BIG........like Bavaro..........that was a nice catch & run he made.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see Shockey being shipped out, for the right price (he isn't a FA is he?, I'm not sure). I think his problem is really with Coughlin. everybody knows Coughlin goes out of his way to be as much of a hard-*** as possible (less this year than most, but still...). If Shockey got into the right system, I think he could live up to the potential that everyone keeps saying he has. Could he do it with the Packers? I wouldn't mind finding out, but I think he is one of those guys who would never be satisfied being "isolated in Wisconsin.

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shockey might be gone if the right deal comes along, but they won't just dump him off for nothing. However, Boss did impress me, and he seems to have good chemistry with Eli.

Also, they were showing clips of Shockey and Boss, and highlighting how Eli's been better with Boss because he does a better job on blitz pickup. The clips showed Shockey not chipping the blitzing linebacker and then running a 12 yard route on top of things (needless to say the plays all ended in picks). Meanwhile, Boss seems to be pretty good at chipping the linebacker and then breaking off his route to give Eli a dumpoff option as the heat comes.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could use a solid TE. Shockey may be loud and obnoxious, but he can play. If TT thinks Favre can control him, then by all means, bring him in. Lee + Shockey. I kind of like that.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since Donald Lee is young and just got an extension, and Franks is good for a bit longer, I don't Thompson will pay the price needed to get Shockey.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts