Jennings

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packersfan43084 said:
and stopped on a few routes.

If you mean, settled into the zone where there were no defenders, then yeah, stopped on routes.

nobody can be on the same page 100% of the time.

That was Favre trying to get everything back in one player by not making the best of decisions. From what McCarthy said Jennings did the right thing by finding the gap in the zone but they weren't on the same page. The 1st one though Jennings obviously didn't know what the audible was.

With that said regardless Jennings did not have the best of games.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Packersfan43084 said:

If you mean, settled into the zone where there were no defenders, then yeah, stopped on routes.

That was Favre trying to get everything back in one player by not making the best of decisions. From what McCarthy said Jennings did the right thing by finding the gap in the zone but they weren't on the same page. The 1st one though Jennings obviously didn't know what the audible was.

oh i agree. but he didn't 'stop on a few routes'

his big mistake on the one was that he DIDNT STOP on the route! lol. Hes a rook, it happens. Next year, expect great things from the kid!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
tromadz said:
Packersfan43084 said:

oh i agree. but he didn't 'stop on a few routes'

his big mistake on the one was that he DIDNT STOP on the route! lol. Hes a rook, it happens. Next year, expect great things from the kid!

Agreed.

I did this earlier with Driver and Walker, but wanted to add a few more favorites as well. Sterling Sharpe is the exception, for he was outstanding the minute we got him. Sharpe would have been one of the best ever had he not received that neck injury. To this day, that still bums me out.

Anyways, back to my point. This is Driver's first four years:
+----------+-----+--------------------------+-------------------------+
| Year TM | G | Att Yards Y/A TD | Rec Yards Y/R TD |
| 1999 gnb | 5 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 3 31 10.3 1 |
| 2000 gnb | 16 | 1 4 4.0 0 | 21 322 15.3 1 |
| 2001 gnb | 13 | 3 38 12.7 1 | 13 167 12.8 1 |
| 2002 gnb | 16 | 8 70 8.8 0 | 70 1064 15.2 9 |

This is Walker's first few years:
| 2002 gnb | 15 | 1 11 11.0 0 | 23 319 13.9 1 |
| 2003 gnb | 16 | 2 1 0.5 0 | 41 716 17.5 9 |

This is Antonio Freeman's first few years:
| 1995 gnb | 11 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 8 106 13.2 1 |
| 1996 gnb | 12 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 56 933 16.7 9 |

This is Robert Brooks' first four years:
| 1992 gnb | 16 | 2 14 7.0 0 | 12 126 10.5 1 |
| 1993 gnb | 14 | 3 17 5.7 0 | 20 180 9.0 0 |
| 1994 gnb | 16 | 1 0 0.0 0 | 58 648 11.2 4 |
| 1995 gnb | 16 | 4 21 5.2 0 | 102 1497 14.7 13 |

Now, this is Greg Jennings first 15 games:
+--------------------------+-------------------------+
| Rushing | Receiving |
| 2006 gnb | 13 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 44 630 14.3 3 |
| TOTAL | 13 | 0 0 0.0 0 | 44 630 14.3 3 |

The point I'm trying to make here is it takes a WR time to develop. Give the man time and he will be a playmaker, possibly as early as his second or third year. We got a steal picking him in the 2nd round. Because of Greg Jennings and AJ Hawk, we're going to look back at '06 and remember it as one heck of a good draft year.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like Tromdaz I don't blame Jennings for the one INT. Since the time of Billy Schroeder the receivers should not be blamed 100% of the time.

Jennings came back too soon from his original sprain and then further sprained his ankle. He is playing through injury because the Packers desperately need him.

I agree with the general consensus that given time to heal as much as he can he will only improve and pick up more of those communication things that Driver after so many years mostly has down.

Reaction score
I'm concerned about Greg Jennings.

He had the most catches out of any WR (or any player for that matter) coming out of college last year. Then he went straight into the Packers mini-camps, trying to strengthen up, and working on honing his skills in general.

IMO I believe he has hit the wall, and I can't blame him. He is only a rookie, and asking him to be the #2 and make a lot of plays is a big task for almost any rookie to burden. The injury didn't help at all, and Jennings probably doesn't have the hang of how hard to go in practice yet.

All in all, he must be exhausted. Biggest thing is that he is trying (well besides one example from the vikings game) to do what is being asked of him.

Next year, I drool at the prospect of Driver/Jennings/and a K-Rob who plays like a top 10 draft pick.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

He had the most catches out of any WR (or any player for that matter) coming out of college last year. Then he went straight into the Packers mini-camps, trying to strengthen up, and working on honing his skills in general.

IMO I believe he has hit the wall, and I can't blame him. He is only a rookie, and asking him to be the #2 and make a lot of plays is a big task for almost any rookie to burden. The injury didn't help at all, and Jennings probably doesn't have the hang of how hard to go in practice yet.

All in all, he must be exhausted. Biggest thing is that he is trying (well besides one example from the vikings game) to do what is being asked of him.

Next year, I drool at the prospect of Driver/Jennings/and a K-Rob who plays like a top 10 draft pick.

AADP - Do you believe KRob will be back and dependable? I hope so, but I wouldn't bet the bank on it. KRob has talent, and can be our deep threat. And he can do something in returning, which is something we lack.

If KRob comes back and is dependable, I wouldn't be screaming for Randy Moss and we can put our efforts more in the TE position.

Reaction score
Honestly zombie, I don't believe he can be back at once. I think if he stays sober, and works hard then he can make an impact in the recieving game like he did in the latter part of his tenure with the Vikes. A man with his talent just can't be held down for too long.

With that said, if the Packers can get a sure fire upgrade at WR, then do it (and cut Fergy!).

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Try this post again. You can do better than saying he is exhausted. Don't be so blind. He and Favre are not on the same page. That is a huge CONCERN. Anytime you have a starting WR not on the same page as your QB. That's a concern.

I like Jennings, I like him a lot. I'm not ready to let bias rule over obvious when evaluating a guy.

If he and Brett can get on the same page. No worries. I think the man has a plethora of talent. But if you and the QB are not on the same page. All the talent in the world won't do you any good.

Latest posts