1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jennings to donate $1,000 for every touchdown

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by ivo610, Aug 25, 2010.

1. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Packers fans now have 1,000 reasons to root for a touchdown from Packers receiver Greg Jennings.

Jennings has just pledged to donate $1,000 to House of Hope, a Green Bay shelter for women and single mothers, for every time he catches a touchdown.

Jennings scored a career-best 12 touchdowns in 2007. He had four in 2009, nine in 2008 and three as a rookie in 2006. (Randy Moss holds the all-time record of 23 TDs from 2008 season).

"We are blessed to be in a position to give back," Greg Jennings said Wednesday. "And we have found a charity that is close to our hearts with the House of Hope. We hope to raise lots of money for them as long as I'm a Packer."

Through a statement released by the Jennings family announcing the Touchdowns for Hope campaign, House of Hope director Jennifer Allen said: “We are beyond grateful for what Greg and his foundation are doing for House of Hope. It’s a wonderful partnership of two organizations focused on helping children and their families reach their personal and professional goals.”

Greg's wife, Nicole, said the Greg Jennings Foundation wanted to form this partnership because of her own background.

“Growing up, my mother and I had a period in life where we had to lean on a facility similar to House of Hope for food and shelter," Nicole said in a statement. "This experience made a positive and memorable impact on my life, and I believe it is important to do the same for other women and children that may have that same need.”

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Greg Jennings can cure world hunger.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    He could also afford to give more. I mean its great he is giving something back but... only $1,000?

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Wow thats such a lovely thing for him to do :D

5. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +106
    Better than $0...Im not a fan of that outlook but to each their own.
    Im actually impressed by the charity he chose. You dont hear too much about athletes giving back to women. He must have come from a single-parent household?

6. Brakos

Brakos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I'd much rather hear about this than players getting arrested, having hissy-fits because they want more attention, etc.

7. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    Obviously its because he thinks/knows with the year he's gonna have, he couldn't afford anything more :)

8. Emperor_Xyn

Emperor_Xyn Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    If every player donated a small portion like this to a local charity to help people how much of a better world do you think it'd be.

9. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    $1,000 a TD is better than nothing. Here's to him donated $15,000.

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    I can see 15 or 20 TD's this year :D

11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,792
    A grand per TD is quite genorous. Those dollars do add up.
    And I would think the shelter will make sure to use every dollar wisely.
    It could clothe and feed a mom and her kid tons.
    And who knows? Maybe Jennings gives more to this charity or to others as well.
    Well, whatever he gives is much more than I can.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Are there that many homeless women in Green Bay? $15-20K probably will go a long way for that charity. Woodson donated what, $1.8M to that children's hospital in Michigan.
    GB is one place you don't want to be homeless in winter. Brrrrrrrrrrrr

13. jkrelt

jkrelt Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13