Jennings to donate $1,000 for every touchdown

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fans now have 1,000 reasons to root for a touchdown from Packers receiver Greg Jennings.

Jennings has just pledged to donate $1,000 to House of Hope, a Green Bay shelter for women and single mothers, for every time he catches a touchdown.

Jennings scored a career-best 12 touchdowns in 2007. He had four in 2009, nine in 2008 and three as a rookie in 2006. (Randy Moss holds the all-time record of 23 TDs from 2008 season).

"We are blessed to be in a position to give back," Greg Jennings said Wednesday. "And we have found a charity that is close to our hearts with the House of Hope. We hope to raise lots of money for them as long as I'm a Packer."

Through a statement released by the Jennings family announcing the Touchdowns for Hope campaign, House of Hope director Jennifer Allen said: “We are beyond grateful for what Greg and his foundation are doing for House of Hope. It’s a wonderful partnership of two organizations focused on helping children and their families reach their personal and professional goals.”

Greg's wife, Nicole, said the Greg Jennings Foundation wanted to form this partnership because of her own background.

“Growing up, my mother and I had a period in life where we had to lean on a facility similar to House of Hope for food and shelter," Nicole said in a statement. "This experience made a positive and memorable impact on my life, and I believe it is important to do the same for other women and children that may have that same need.”

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
He could also afford to give more. I mean its great he is giving something back but... only $1,000?
Better than $0...Im not a fan of that outlook but to each their own.
Im actually impressed by the charity he chose. You dont hear too much about athletes giving back to women. He must have come from a single-parent household?

Brakos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd much rather hear about this than players getting arrested, having hissy-fits because they want more attention, etc.

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If every player donated a small portion like this to a local charity to help people how much of a better world do you think it'd be.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He could also afford to give more. I mean its great he is giving something back but... only $1,000?
A grand per TD is quite genorous. Those dollars do add up.
And I would think the shelter will make sure to use every dollar wisely.
It could clothe and feed a mom and her kid tons.
And who knows? Maybe Jennings gives more to this charity or to others as well.
Well, whatever he gives is much more than I can.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Are there that many homeless women in Green Bay? $15-20K probably will go a long way for that charity. Woodson donated what, $1.8M to that children's hospital in Michigan.
GB is one place you don't want to be homeless in winter. Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Members online

Latest posts