Jennings starting tonight!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just lurking over at Chatters and read that Greg Jennings is starting over Ferguson tonight. I hope the kid has a good game and never relinquishes the spot. Buckshye Ferguson and Gardner can fight it out for #3, but since Fergy makes more money, I would welcome a trade for say an OG or something, we appear to have a shortage.

I would also like to see Cory Rodgers and Ruvell Martin make the team. Rodgers is probably a lock and Martin has three games to show something. Boe is a longshot in my opinion.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I had the same question ''''subin'''' and I read on packersnews.com that Ferguson was healthy and would play.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Biological and Agricultural Engineering!

Hopefully this 'greg jennings' character can engineer some receptions!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Greg Jennings cause he has speed and some pretty capable hands

Tylaa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a pretty good game... one slipped out of his hands but thats about it. The 80 yeard tip TD I thought was alot of lucky but who knows.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one that came out of his hands was because of the hit he took but he should have held on but that was a nice hit and it looked like the defenders helmet went right on the ball. I thought he looked awesome.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
The one that came out of his hands was because of the hit he took but he should have held on but that was a nice hit and it looked like the defenders helmet went right on the ball. I thought he looked awesome.

That was the type of hit you show too your players. A perfect play by that safety. I rewound it (I have Dish Network) and his helmet got all ball.

With that said, you touch it, you catch it. That's my model. Jennings outside of that, played great and he's only making guys like Ferguson and Gardner step up and play better. It's good too see a rookie pushing everyone. In time he'll be the #2 WR on this team.

Pudge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings looks like he's going to become a player. Who needs Javon Walker right? He only had 1 good year anyway.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Javon Walker a lot but your right Pudge who needs him when Jennings looks this good

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what "it" is but Jennings appears to have "it". The great ones all do and I know it's way too early to tell, but this kid may make a major impact right away.

There is no doubt in my mind that this guy is the #2 WR this year starting week 1. He looks head and shoulders above everyone on the current roster other than Driver and he's not far from him either. (I would say Driver was in a zone last night against the Falcons too)

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about writing some long winded post about how great Greg Jennings is, but I'll keep it simple.

Greg Jennings is the balls.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just to set the record straight -- Robert Ferguson started the game along side Donald Driver.

Driver and Jennings had big games and Ferguson played well too. Gardner continues to disappoint. The addition of Jennings gives the Packers a nice 3 receiver set: Driver, Ferguson, Jennings -- all three capable of playing all three of the receiver positions in the WCO multiple sets.

It is essential in this offense to have a minimum on 3 starting quality WR. One thing that Ferguson gives the offense as the starting wide out is a powerful blocker on early downs, who can run pass you if you cheat up too much to take on his potential block.

I agree with you Dakota that Martin has earned a spot on the team -- whether he gets it remains to be seen -- but he has been head and shoulders above Gardner, Boerigter, Rodgers and the rest of the competition for the 4, 5 and 6 WR positions. BTW Aaron obviously agrees -- "I'm a big believer in him as a receiver," Rodgers said. "I'd like to see Ruvell make the team; I think he's talented enough. But that's not my decision."

Rodgers has done the opposite so far, he has earned the right to be cut. But again that does not mean he will be, the Packers have a half a million signing bonus invested in him, and if he can ever figure out what has gotten in his head related to catching punts -- he had the potential to be a hell of a return man.

Gardner plays and practices like a guy who is disinterested in playing football and Marc Boerigter is a stiff -- literally, he runs pattens like Frankenstein.

Chris Francies seems to be beating out Chad Lucas in the practice squad race.

DakotaT said:
I was just lurking over at Chatters and read that Greg Jennings is starting over Ferguson tonight. I hope the kid has a good game and never relinquishes the spot. Buckshye Ferguson and Gardner can fight it out for #3, but since Fergy makes more money, I would welcome a trade for say an OG or something, we appear to have a shortage.

I would also like to see Cory Rodgers and Ruvell Martin make the team. Rodgers is probably a lock and Martin has three games to show something. Boe is a longshot in my opinion.

TomAllen

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said,

Gardner plays and practices like a guy who is disinterested in playing football and Marc Boerigter is a stiff -- literally, he runs pattens like Frankenstein.

That's funny Bruce. Favre to Frankenstein--"and the villagers have brought him down with pitchforks and torches. Oh, what an assforking they're giving him on the 50 yard-line!"

I remember when TT signed these guys some posters here got wood saying that they were going to be great contributors to the team.

Well, if Jennings works out, that's good, but he's still a rookie. And I still don't trust Ferguson. I think WR position is still a little shaky. But we'll see, I guess, and hope for the best!

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings reminds me of Driver, and I'm glad he has Driver around from which to learn. As each of these guys pick it up, it's only going to make the WR core's job easier. Who ever draws the #2 corner is going to have a good day.

A healthy productive season for Jennings will go a long way for the Pack.

Members online

Latest posts