1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jennings signed by the packers

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by dannychau22, Jul 23, 2006.

1. dannychau22

dannychau22 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    http://wfrv.com/packer

video on the left side of the site says he signed a four year deal with the packers

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
  3. Packersfan43084

Packersfan43084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    nice.

So that leaves us Hawk, Colledge, Hodge, Rodgers, and Spitz still left to sign, correct?

4. 4packgirl

4packgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  5. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I must be blind,I don't see anything about it.I looked on other sites and didn't see anything.

6. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  7. CalifPacker

CalifPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Got this from kffl.

Packers | Team reaches contract agreement with G. Jennings
    Sun, 23 Jul 2006 06:58:05 -0700

Paul Rieken, of News 3 Sports (Michigan), reports the Green Bay Packers have reached an agreement on a four-year contract with second-round draft pick WR Greg Jennings. Financial terms of the contract have not been disclosed. "I didn't want to have to, or even think about the possibility of a hold out. The Packers came to me with a good offer, there was a little bit of back and forth negotiating but not much," said Jennings. Jennings has already purchased a home in the Green Bay area, "7-miuntes from Lambeau Field."

8. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Ingle Martin Too.

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    7 minutes from lambeau? sweet. hopefully they treat him better than nick barnett.. .. .

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Who is 'they' and what treatment of Nick Barnett are you referring to?

11. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's referring to that whole night club mishap type situation.

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    The night club, not Nick Barnett. I thought something happened to Nick Barnett because I was unaware of that. I just seen him at the mall yesterday and he didn't have any noticable injuries or walking funny.

I then have to disagree with bringing up Nick Barnets's night club ordeal in regards to a Packer living seven minutes from Lambeau when FiveSix is about 15mins away from Lambeau.

Only thing that could merit that being mentioned is if Greg opens up a club of some sort.

13. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good to get him in. I think he'll be starting opposite of Driver by mid season.

14. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    For sure. I hope he starts unless Gardner shines like he should have years ago.

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    the city

16. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Do better.

17. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    good, now we have to finish signing everyone before camp starts.

18. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Finalizing terms with another draft choice, the Green Bay Packers Monday signed wide receiver Greg Jennings, the club's second of two selections in the second round. Ted Thompson, Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations, announced the signing.

In addition Monday, the team released tight end Garrett Cross.

Jennings, a 5-foot-11, 197-pound talent out of Western Michigan, was the 52nd overall selection. Acquired with a choice Green Bay obtained from New England in a draft-day trade, Jennings was the fourth wide receiver chosen behind Santonio Holmes, Chad Jackson and Sinorice Moss.

The Kalamazoo, Mich., product led the nation in receptions per game (8.91) in his 2005 senior season. Also last year, he became the first Mid-American Conference performer to earn league MVP and offensive player of the year recognition in the same season since Randy Moss of Marshall did so in 1997. Jennings attended the same high school (Kalamazoo Central) as New York Yankees superstar Derek Jeter.

With Jennings' signing, six draft picks are under contract, including defensive end Dave Tollefson (June 23), defensive tackle Johnny Jolly (July 7), safety Tyrone Culver (July 11), cornerback Will Blackmon (July 14) and tackle/guard Tony Moll (Tuesday). The Packers led the league in 2006 with 12 draft choices.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    YAY!!! A four year contract! That means he will not be complaining about wanting a new contract for a season and a half!!!(J/K!!!) With the way it's been going, thats just what came to my mind. Hopefully he will be a great player, with a great attitude!

20. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    the longer the contract, the more chance of them complaining it seems.

21. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,484
    Packers | Contract update: G. Jennings
    Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:44:22 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers rookie WR Greg Jennings signed a four-year deal worth $2.85 million, including a signing bonus of $1.24 million. The deal also included base salaries of $275,000 in 2006, $360,000 in 2007, $445,000 in 2008 and $530,000 in 2009.