Jennings ROY

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
funny- i was just rolling this thought over in my head while in the shower this morning. but i thought it was crazy to think like that this early on. sure would be nice though.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed...we don't even know for sure (even if it's only a technicality) that he'll be the packers starter v. the bears, let alone catch 1,000 plus and 10 tds....i like the guy, but at ease!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think he will have 750-900 yards reciveing at most.

he can recive for 1000 yards but its highly unlikely.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, GJ is showing promise, but NO rookie WR besides randy has a very good year. Everyone is saying that he's locked up the #2 spot, but if thats the case, why hasn't MM named him as such? I think Fergie will be #1 to start the season, and it'll be his spot to lose.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fergy #1 to start the season....umm, not so much. I think Driver pretty much has that locked up. After that, Jennings has outplayed the rest of the field by a large margin. If McCarthy goes with anyone but #85, it's simply because he is going on experience, not what has been shown in this year's preseason.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
geez, i hadn't thought too much about jennings being rookie of the year. i mean, AJ Hawk will DEFINITELY get defensive rookie of the year, but that will be sweet when the Packers have both offensive and defensive rookies of the year.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think GJ will be great but it will take a couple weeks for him to fit in 100%. I'm guessing by week 6 he'll be the #2 guy. Tough for a WR to be rookie of the year especially if there isn't an opening at #1 like Boldin had at Arizona. Driver will see to many balls for Jennings to hit 1000 yards. Next year

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reggie has looked solid as hell in preseason that I have saw. Here are the numbers 15 rushes for 88 yards, a 5.9 avg and a long of 44 yards. 9 receptions for 44 yards. What is your definition of not looking like ****? Reggie isn't a every down player but he will be effective as a rb and reciever. The game I saw him in made me pretty impressed with his cutting ability. Dude has a much bigger shot of getting offensive ROY than Jennings because of his ability and the fact that it is easier to do better as a rookie RB than a rookie WR.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Fergy #1 to start the season....umm, not so much. I think Driver pretty much has that locked up. After that, Jennings has outplayed the rest of the field by a large margin. If McCarthy goes with anyone but #85, it's simply because he is going on experience, not what has been shown in this year's preseason.

whoops! heh heh, little typo on my part. TOTALLY meant #2.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many interesting posts. I'm thinking that GJ will be playing out of the slot. He will be the #3 guy on passing plays. Driver at flanker, fergie on the outside, and GJ in between them. this is the position wallker played when he had his big season. GJ can break a play open, once he gains brett's confidence, you know #4 will get him the ball. if you're in fantacy FB, i'd take GJ.

Now don't everyone go crazy, but jennings seems to have the ability to "pluck" the ball out of the air and not break his stride in his route. GJ also seems to have a "high" gear to pull away from defenders and score after the catch is made.

So I feel GJ can catch 70 passes for 1000 yrds 5 TD's
Driver 85 for 1200
Fergie 40 for 600

fergie will be #2 on running plays.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice thing about Jennings is he could be a good YAC guy like Steve Smith. Just give him a few quick hitters and slants and see what he can do. Will be nice if this year every defender doesn't know 3'rd and passing yardage will be a slant to
Driver

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We may not win the division but, thanks to TT, we'll have some very fine young talent to watch. Jennings, Hawk, Hodge(yes Hodge!), Not to mention two solid CBs and improved Ss. Add to that, apparently more REAL WCO with it's quick hitters and chain moving. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Jennings AND Hawk in the running for ROTY.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
If McCarthy goes with anyone but #85, it's simply because he is going on experience, not what has been shown in this year's preseason.

Thats the way I'm looking at it. Driver/Ferguson/Jennings

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are kind of getting caught up in the training camp hype. Yes he appears to be something special, but receiver is tough as a rookie, especially in the West Coast offense. Ferguson clearly has the edge as a blocker on running plays and that will play a factor in playing time.

I would be happy with 65-75 catches, 700-800 yards, 3-4 TD's. Is that enough for ROY? I am thinking not, but still very good production out of a rookie WR who appears to have a bright future.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
spardo62 said:
We are kind of getting caught up in the training camp hype. Yes he appears to be something special, but receiver is tough as a rookie, especially in the West Coast offense. Ferguson clearly has the edge as a blocker on running plays and that will play a factor in playing time.

I would be happy with 65-75 catches, 700-800 yards, 3-4 TD's. Is that enough for ROY? I am thinking not, but still very good production out of a rookie WR who appears to have a bright future.

65-70 catches for 700 yrds is like 10 or 11 yrds a catch. i think GJ may avg more like 14-15 yrds a catch , which would put him well over 1000 yrds

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
rob836 said:
Jennings has out played Fergie in preseason. Why shouldn't he be #2 WR?

He might be more effective, at least this year, in the slot (normally the #3 guy's job).

running out of the slot is not the #3 guys job. this is where walker played when he put up his big season. being in the "slot" he is between the flanker and other WR. but it is not "reserved" for the #3 WR

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
rob836 said:
Jennings has out played Fergie in preseason. Why shouldn't he be #2 WR?

Did Sherman draft him?

No, actually he was the #2 pick in Wolf's last draft. Many have said that Sherman had a lot of influence on the pick though, along with picking Reynolds in the first round. In the end though, both were Wolf's picks.

Members online

Latest posts