Jennings' return could boost Packers offense

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
With five regular-season games to go, it appears coach Mike McCarthy is finally getting his No. 1 weapon back. Not the hobbled Greg Jennings who played through a groin injury in September.

Source: JSOnline.com

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can only hope the return of Jennings will give the Packers some opportunities to start taking advantage of matchups.

Even in the game against the Lions, Troy Aikman seemed baffled as to the Packers offensive strategy, and believed himself that they were missing many opportunities over the middle of the field. This isn't just some buffoon color commentator, he's a Hall of Fame quarterback.

I can't believe that the issue is talent. Cobb has broken out in already possibly the most talented WR corps in the NFL. Rodgers is still one of, if not the best QB in the NFL. This is still the same running game they had in 2010 and 2011, and the offense was just fine then. No, the offensive line isn't great, but they should be better than this. I love TT, but he came in with absolutely no backup plan on the O-line this year for an injury. Losing Bulaga has hurt almost half the line. I grant that teams aren't sitting there with stud O-linemen on their bench, but we were really ill-equipped for an O-line injury.

What happened to the slant? Are there no matchups they can be taking advantage of against opposing secondaries on short routes to further slow down the pass rush? You've got a whole slew of YAC guys, particularly Cobb and Jennings.

I've got to think we miss Philbin a lot more than we thought we would. I hate to pin most of this on Clements, but it is going into December and we have the 18th overall offense behind teams like this: Indianapolis, Buffalo, Tampa Bay, Oakland. That's completely unacceptable for the talent level on the offense.

Members online

Latest posts