Jennings OPENS HIS MOUTH...bout time!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers WR Jennings vents frustration

The Green Bay Packers wide receiver said Wednesday that he vented frustration over his reduced productivity in a tirade during Sunday's overtime loss at Washington and had to apologize to Packers wide receivers coach Jimmy Robinson afterward. "It felt good, honestly, I'm not going to lie," Jennings said. "It felt good to relieve some of that built-up tension because I never really do that. You know, I apologize. I had to tell Jimmy, my coach, 'My fault Jimmy. It's not you, it's this game of football.'"

I have been wondering why Jennings has been almost non-existent, and I think you can blame Rodgers and the play calling, there is just such an attraction to throwing to Finley. I really believe there has been poor distribution of spreading the ball around...If Jennings can gets the ball more he will make big plays...I kinda like that Jennings has kinda made a point, it's about time this guy gets more balls, he is our next best playmaker.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The lack of running game respect allows teams to key on Jennings even more than they were before.

that is definitely a part of it, but they guy has been targeted almost never, and if you watch some of the games again, you will see a wide open jennings a bunch of times

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do know, during the playoff game, apparently after the second offensive turnover he got the offense together and "lit a fire"... basically told them whats up... and that all of them need to get going.

A packers writer, I forget which, tweeted about it earlier today.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our offense needs to play with some emotion. Maybe this is a sign that Jennings is gonna be the first one to step up and do it. We all know Jennings has game-changing playmaking ability. He hasn't shown much of it this season, but we all know its there. Let's see what he can do now that he know he needs to step up, and obviously wants to. Ya, we don't have Finley anymore so D's will key up on Jennings more, so what? Lions only huge threat is Calvin, he still makes plays. Texans, you know the ball is going to Johnson, he still makes plays. It's like that on a lot of teams. The difference is, even without Finley, aside from Jennings we still have a great group of receivers who can all make plays. Jennings knows what he has to do, and I'd like to see him show he can. I wear my 85 every sunday for a reason. Someone's gotta be a leader on this team, why not him?

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we don't have the problem that the Cowboys had a couple of years ago with all their receivers, trying to equally give all the playmakers the ball instead of just playing ball. This game against Miami is huge, a turnaround needs to happen Sunday.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Didnt we have a poster that said Jennings was upset and most people didnt believe him??

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It all goes back to the conservative play calling MM. Open up the playbook and let these guys play instead of holding them back trying to uphold the "packer" image. Times have changed, allow the players to play the way they know and thats exciting. Jennings has every right to be angry. He sees a deteriorating team not making any changes or moves.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
god, packerbob was fishing.

jennings only can be upset with himself. hes had just as many targets as anyone else.

FinNasty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its not going to be much easier for Jennings this Sunday if Vontae Davis is assigned to him. Vontae has been one of the leagues best CBs this year. Normally, our defensive scheme stations our CBs on one side of the field or the other for the whole game, regardless of which WRs line up on which side. However, against the Pats, we changed that and had Vontae shadow Moss all game (0rec for 0 yards).

I'm not sure which method we will use this weekend. But if Vontae is shadowing him, it could be another long day for Jennings...

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Its not going to be much easier for Jennings this Sunday if Vontae Davis is assigned to him. Vontae has been one of the leagues best CBs this year. Normally, our defensive scheme stations our CBs on one side of the field or the other for the whole game, regardless of which WRs line up on which side. However, against the Pats, we changed that and had Vontae shadow Moss all game (0rec for 0 yards).

I'm not sure which method we will use this weekend. But if Vontae is shadowing him, it could be another long day for Jennings...

Well, in that case if Driver decides he would like to actually catch a ball this game he's gonna have a big game!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packerforum.com/f8/team-has-some-major-problems-23076.html

Even IF he was fishing, he reeled in a fish...

I think everyone on that thread tossed their lines in the trees..

Read the initial post and decide for yourselves
Still think it's different having this kind of situation with Jennings, where he's clearly frustrated, and a situation with TO or Moss, where they let it interfere and disturb the team.
Jennings said himself that he needed to vent, but he won't be a distraction and that he's fully behind the team, that he just want to win.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, we have our own shutdown in Tramon Williams, who hasn't allowed more than 4 catches, 30 yards and 0 TDs for his opponents (DeSean Jackson, Lee Evans and Devin Hester).

And we still have DD, Nelson and Jones to throw to. Though we don't have Finley anymore. And those guys might just get injuried (we Packer fans are just expecting one or two season ending injuries per week, we just don't know WHO is going to get injuried)
Driver is having problems with drops? How bad and for how long?
Oh yeah. It was only last game, but there were 4 (FOUR) drops...

Last year it was a problem, we were the #2 team (KC #1) in drops. Even with all the explosiveness and such, we just left so much on the field last year. And this year, it's happening again...

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just where the hell is packerbob anyway? What did his inside sources relocate to Sri Lanka and he is currently 20 feet underground in a bunker discussing Packers inside stories? Wish he would come back, he was kind of funny at times.

I'm still here. I just haven't posted for awhile. It's not worth posting rumors or second hand information. I don't have links to provide or any kind of proof and it becomes tiresome having to go on the defensive. I still enjoy reading the forum and will continue to do so.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still here. I just haven't posted for awhile. It's not worth posting rumors or second hand information. I don't have links to provide or any kind of proof and it becomes tiresome having to go on the defensive. I still enjoy reading the forum and will continue to do so.

Good to know hidden Bob, I was just starting to like you too! I hope you don't mind my sarcasm much, it's kind of like a second language for me.

FinNasty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, we have our own shutdown in Tramon Williams, who hasn't allowed more than 4 catches, 30 yards and 0 TDs for his opponents (DeSean Jackson, Lee Evans and Devin Hester).

And we still have DD, Nelson and Jones to throw to. Though we don't have Finley anymore. And those guys might just get injuried (we Packer fans are just expecting one or two season ending injuries per week, we just don't know WHO is going to get injuried)

Oh yeah. It was only last game, but there were 4 (FOUR) drops...

Last year it was a problem, we were the #2 team (KC #1) in drops. Even with all the explosiveness and such, we just left so much on the field last year. And this year, it's happening again...

Weird, I thought Driver was so consistent?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts