Jennings injury (update)

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Jennings injury

Jennings told teammates after the game that his ankle injury wasn't serious and that he was held out for precautionary reasons, but he was on crutches in the locker room and there's always a chance it's worse than he thinks.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Or worse then he wants to admit.......man, i hope he can play. They NEED the kid!

Packers_Finland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings injury

Its really bad if we lose him, and listening to Favre's interview he said "greg is out, who knows for how long". So I'm hoping it isnt anything too serious

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Injury update
Further tests were being done Monday on receiver Greg Jennings' injured ankle. McCarthy said the x-rays taken at Dolphin Stadium on Sunday indicated the ankle was not broken, and that the diagnosis was a sprain, but he didn't know if Jennings would be available to play on Sunday.

Reaction score
Jennings injury

To add to your point Legend, Jennings said that the ankle wasn't broken, and he'd be ready to go on Sunday. As Cheesehog pointed out, he was on crutches after the game though.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Injury update
Further tests were being done Monday on receiver Greg Jennings' injured ankle. McCarthy said the x-rays taken at Dolphin Stadium on Sunday indicated the ankle was not broken, and that the diagnosis was a sprain, but he didn't know if Jennings would be available to play on Sunday.

Sweet! Good news.

I hope they take it easy on that ankle, because I'd rather see him missing a game and 100% the week after. We should win this next game easily (knocking on my wooden dresser).

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Potentially better news from an AZ TV station:

Jennings misses practice with ankle injury

GREEN BAY, Wis. Rookie wide receiver Greg Jennings didn't practice with the Green Bay Packers this morning, but he was walking without crutches and didn't have a noticeable limp.

It's a sign that the ankle injury Jennings sustained in the Packers' 34-to-24 victory in Miami on Sunday might not be as bad as originally feared.

Earlier this week, Packers coach Mike McCarthy said that Jennings could miss the Packers' game against the Arizona Cardinals at Lambeau Field on Sunday.

The Packers already have lost two of their top four receivers for the season. Robert Ferguson has been placed on injured reserve with a foot injury, and Koren Robinson has been suspended for at least a year for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=5588635&nav=14RV

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
see, hes ok

they're just being careful with him.

i mean....hes so great, he doesnt have to practice! (yeah, thats it..)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
he is on the injury report as doubtful

on another forum there is a guy who seems to have inside info..Has had things he posted in the past come true with in a week..dont know if he is an employee or what but most are right on..

he claims the packers are expecting jennings to miss bout 3 to 4 weeks..even brought in david terell ( sp?) ex bear wr

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he is on the injury report as doubtful

on another forum there is a guy who seems to have inside info..Has had things he posted in the past come true with in a week..dont know if he is an employee or what but most are right on..

he claims the packers are expecting jennings to miss bout 3 to 4 weeks..even brought in david terell ( sp?) ex bear wr

3-4 weeks...DAMN.

Is it a HIGH ankle sprain?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a fantasy league on Sportingews.com and it has updates on all my players(which Jennings is one of) and that said that he may be able to play on sunday. Which I would take as questionable. Hes a tough guy. Im sure he will be out there.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a fantasy league on Sportingews.com and it has updates on all my players(which Jennings is one of) and that said that he may be able to play on sunday. Which I would take as questionable. Hes a tough guy. Im sure he will be out there.

NFL injury breport has him listed as DOUBTFUL

injury report

and yes from what this guy said it was a high ankle sprain..

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just saw on Packers.com that said Jennings was walking aorund today without crutches. McCarthy said that Jennings is doing much better that they had anticipated. He said that Jennings will rehab on Thursday and try to practice Friday.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah there really is no point for them to come out and say anything until the injury report is released...which i think is today. As with any sprain that doesnt have a definitive amount of time for recovery...they take it week to week. As opposed to something requiring surgery.

But the word has not changed that they project him out for a fairly long time...around 4 weeks...but I dont think they would announce it any more ahead of time then that given week.

~~~~

That is what the guy posted at the end of today..fyi he doesnt go around making odd claims every day, just once and a while he will let out some news that has not been reported in the media at the time...but he is almost always right..

you can believe it or not, but that is the word right now, Jennings does not look like he will play for a bit..

on the 17th he posted the packers were putting Fergy on the I.R and were looking for wr to take his spot..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

for a guy posting on a forum??

I posted what he said..

but here

link

/and if anyone notices it is the espn forum, it is not the OLD ESPN forums..

lot has changed there now..ip bans,, user name bans, word filters, report user tabs, they upgraded the entire system..so no more seeing trolls there AT ALL...mostly everyone there now are legit posters and no more fighting thru the troll posts..

But this guy has been a poster for a bit and does not just post crap, everything has merit to them...

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously not good news for the Packers. The Cards can NOT be taken lightly, their WRs are too good. Plus they may well be playing to save Green's job. It's time for a couple of our many TEs to step up and fill a gap.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the 3-4 weeks out rumor is unfounded. Saw this just this morning:

Jennings May be Ready to Play Sunday
http://packers.scout.com/2/583534.html

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him sit out against the Cardinals. I know we're thin and the Pack needs him, but I'd hate to see him hurt the ankle any worse if he's not entirely 100 percent. But I'm sure the trainers and docs know what they're doing. ;)

Members online

Latest posts