Jennings Injury Update - Good News

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye out here for some mucho important Jennings injury update info...Haven't seen anything recently...So when I saw this, I thought I'd post it:

(found on yahoo)
Greg Jennings: Nearly Activated This Week

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Monday, October 30, 2006
Update: Jennings (sprained ankle) was nearly activated for Sunday's game against the Cards after a pre-game warm-up, but coach Mike McCarthy decided it wasn't worth risking further injury, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.

Recommendation: We'll track Jennings' status in the coming days, but the fact that he was so close to playing Sunday bodes well for his Week 9 availability.

Sounds good. :thumbsup:

P.S. I also saw this on packersnews.com 10/31 notebook:

The Packers' other starting receiver, Greg Jennings, who missed Sunday's game with a sprained ankle, will be listed as questionable this week, McCarthy said. He was listed as doubtful going into the game against Arizona.

"He worked out Sunday morning before the game, and he's close," McCarthy said. "We'll have a better idea about him on Wednesday, but I'm hopeful he'll go."

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think someone had posted that info on Sunday..

He was orginialy going to be out for a few weeks, but he had a Reggie White type of recovery on Thursday and Friday) now it looks like he is going to be ready for Buffalo

but I say leave him out, and have him ready for the Vikings

OP
OP
M

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think someone had posted that info on Sunday..

He was orginialy going to be out for a few weeks, but he had a Reggie White type of recovery on Thursday and Friday) now it looks like he is going to be ready for Buffalo

but I say leave him out, and have him ready for the Vikings

Yeah, it's tough to dig through all the threads and pick out if someone mentioned Jennings. Thought I'd start a new thread. Saw the Jennings injury update thread, but no one had posted on it since the 28th...

Was eager to get some new info.

I say he needs to play v. the Bills. This Bills defense will probably contain an attack of a constantly hobbled Driver, and practice squad players (although, Ruvell has looked good)...

IMHO. He's had time...Needs to be "a go." Needless to say, we need every game at this point.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I ready yesterday that he might practice today (Wednesday). Any insiders out there have any idea if he was indeed able to practice?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I ready yesterday that he might practice today (Wednesday). Any insiders out there have any idea if he was indeed able to practice?

Ill check to see if that guy has posted anything on the other forum

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This week's Dope Sheet has McCarthy saying Jennings is QUESTIONABLE.
That in NFL terms is 50-50 chance of playing.
Last week he was DOUBTFUL which was 75% chance of not playing.

I would say reduced role this week.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, it's tough to dig through all the threads and pick out if someone mentioned Jennings. Thought I'd start a new thread. Saw the Jennings injury update thread, but no one had posted on it since the 28th...

I say he needs to play v. the Bills. This Bills defense will probably contain an attack of a constantly hobbled Driver, and practice squad players (although, Ruvell has looked good)...

IMHO. He's had time...Needs to be "a go." Needless to say, we need every game at this point.

I'd also like to see him play, Magic, but I think that if he does come back this week, we've been fortunate. Ankle sprains can be pretty problematic. I wouldn't want to rush him back if he's anything short of 100 percent. I didn't like the idea of going without Jennings last week, but the offense did what they had to do and we avoided the risk of worsening the injury.

However, the fact that he was almost able to play last week (if they are telling the truth) certainly bodes well for him and the Packers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
MajicMan said:

I'd also like to see him play, Magic, but I think that if he does come back this week, we've been fortunate. Ankle sprains can be pretty problematic. I wouldn't want to rush him back if he's anything short of 100 percent. I didn't like the idea of going without Jennings last week, but the offense did what they had to do and we avoided the risk of worsening the injury.

However, the fact that he was almost able to play last week (if they are telling the truth) certainly bodes well for him and the Packers.

that is my concern scott...I say he can be on active roster, and see how the game goes, then bring him in if needed..but until then dont let him play

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of a mixed bag of news today on Jennings:

Jennings, who injured his ankle at Miami two weeks ago, didn't play against Arizona but managed limited work in practice Wednesday. He's listed as questionable.

"(He) went through individual drills and went through group activities," McCarthy said. "We're going to see how he feels in the morning and our goal is to try to let him go (practice) tomorrow."

McCarthy said he's encouraged with Jennings' progress.

"It's a little more significant injury than anticipated," McCarthy said. "He made a lot of progress last week and we're just kind of turning over the last hurdle."

OP
OP
M

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah---This is a bad turn of events. I'm not digging this.

I've been converted...Just sit him another week.

*sighs*

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I have him in fantasy also... I'm going to stick with the wait and see approach for now I guess. If he were to somehow get in a full practice tomorrow, then I say all systems go, start him. But if not, and they say it's a "gametime decision" and all that, then I'm gonna sit him. Because even if he plays, he might not see too many snaps.

Of course, if I sit him, they'll probably put him in and he'll score three touchdowns. :) That might be reason enough to do it, so that I'm helping the Packers..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
this is from that poster on the other forum ( seems like he is on the staff)

.jennings is going to play. As of yesterday he was going to practice today ( thursday) so he is more probable than questionable...just a matter of him re-injuring it.

Woodson is now doubtful...a game time decision

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Please people. This is Greg Jennings we're talking about here.

He'll play even if he has to use a crutch.

That's true! :thumbsup:

Here's the latest:

GREEN BAY, Wis. - Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings practiced on Thursday as he tries to come back from a nagging ankle injury, while cornerback Charles Woodson missed his second straight day.

Jennings hurt his ankle at Miami two weeks ago and missed Sunday's 31-14 victory over Arizona.

Still, he ranks second on the team with 21 catches for 378 yards. He also has a team-high three TD catches, which is the most for a rookie receiver since James Lofton matched the feat in 1978.

On Wednesday, Jennings, who is one of only two NFL rookies currently starting at wide receiver along with New Orleans' Marques Colston, participated in individual drills before leaving practice early.

In his absence, tight end David Martin and fullback Brandon Miree picked up the slack, while receivers Ruvell Martin and Chris Francies also pitched in against the Cardinals.

Meanwhile, Woodson is still trying to return after bruising his knee when he fell awkwardly trying to make a play against Arizona.

Woodson declined to comment on Thursday in the team's locker room session, but didn't have a noticeable limp. Coach Mike McCarthy has said that Woodson is sore but that they hope he'll participate in practice on Friday.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15905294.htm

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope woodson plays, and jennings too. but i don't want them to push it this week. we should be able to handle the bills.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll play and I might actually start him, even against the advice of some of the fantasy writers on the web. I don't know, I've got until Sunday morning to decide so I guess I won't rush it. But every once in awhile, a big time player comes off an injury just ready to explode...

To be clear, I'm not offering any fantasy advice on this one, lol.. I'm in last place! It will be a tough decision for Jennings owners everywhere.

But more important that all that nonsense are two things: 1) a Pack victory, and 2) a full Jennings recovery and a great rest of the season for him!!

OP
OP
M

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he'll play and I might actually start him, even against the advice of some of the fantasy writers on the web. I don't know, I've got until Sunday morning to decide so I guess I won't rush it. But every once in awhile, a big time player comes off an injury just ready to explode...

To be clear, I'm not offering any fantasy advice on this one, lol.. I'm in last place! It will be a tough decision for Jennings owners everywhere.

But more important that all that nonsense are two things: 1) a Pack victory, and 2) a full Jennings recovery and a great rest of the season for him!!

I'm in the same boat. I'm fighting for my playoff life.

So I had to go with Curtis off the waiver wire instead.

I can't have Jennings either DNP, or out in the first Q after tweeking the injury.

Just my 2 pennies.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear ya Magic.

The latest is that it looks like Woodson will play, and Jennings says he thinks he will play, but that there is still soreness. So take that for what it's worth. There is a lot of detail in this article:

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15923831.htm

Thanks for the better news about Woodson. The Pack will be much better off with him on the field.

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent news. Woodson will be crucial in this game. Buffalo has some pretty good recievers (Lee, Price, and Evans). All big play threats.

Members online

Latest posts