1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jennings: I don't want a franchise tag

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by adambr2, Dec 18, 2012.

1. adambr2

adambr2 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,433
  2. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Not to worry Greg, you won't get the tag.

3. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I think it'll be fine. Jennings has had injury problems and hasn't produced much when he has been on the field this year. I don't think he'll command a large salary on the market... certainly nothing TT won't be willing to match.

4. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,563
    There are several teams desperate for a receiver. Take MIN for example, where Jennings could play with his new best friend. The Rams still have no idea whether Bradford is the real deal given his paucity of weapons over his time there. I'm sure there are a 1/2 dozen other teams I could name if I thought about it for more than a minute.

I'd say if Jennings can make a highlight reel play or two the rest of the way, that would assuage injury concerns in some quarters, with an offer coming that would exceed TT's.

TT's formula begins and ends with getting good value for the $. With a big chunk of Jennings' targets going to Cobb, now and for the future, his value proposition drops sharply, healthy or not. Jennings is popular, but not so popular as to have the "fandom blackmail" quotient of a Donald Driver.

5. gbpowner

gbpowner Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +98
    Best case scenario: Packers and Jennings find common ground.

Worst case scenario: Facing Jennings twice a year.

6. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    I'll seriously sh** bricks if he goes to the Queens

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Much as I hate to say this, I'd rather he go to NE than MIN. Mia would be even better. GB still best.

8. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    He'll go to whomever gives him his last big payday. I'd like him to be a Packer but I don't see it happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    Teams don't want to tag players either

10. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    He's not essential to us winning, at least certainly not this year, but I expect he'll be back next year one way or another. Driver otoh, he's an all-time Packer great, but it is time for him to retire and I don't think the outcries to bring him back at all costs will be nearly what they were this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    My guess is either Oakland or Miami. Both are receiver needy teams with connections to the Packers.

Could also go to Arizona, since he has close ties to Larry Fitzgerald.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    It would be very Arizona like to fix their offense by signing a 30 yr old receiver

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    I wouldn't pay him....not with his injury history and new found desire to brand himself in the media. What scares me is that I don't know who can step into his role. Jordy seems like a burner...Cobb is more slot and JJ is real streaky. Jennings finds a way to get separation early in the route against top corners where the other guys don't. Cobb gets separation but its after the play starts to break down.

14. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Seems like everyone on our roster does. Shame he went for the money.

15. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    Sounds as if Jennings has one foot out the door already. I give him less a chance of being back next year than Finley. Finley's actually been playing pretty well the last few weeks and if he continues and has a good playoff, he could get his paycheck next year.

16. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    If jennings leaving means we get to keep other valued players, then so be it. I just hope he does not go somewhere inside our division. I think that teams like: Raiders, chiefs, browns, Jets, Miami, Jags, Carolina will all have some sort of bidding war on him.

17. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    I don't see Jennings going to a rebuilding team but to one that has only a couple pieces of the puzzle missing for a SB run.

18. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Maybe yes, maybe no. He already has his SB ring, he may just go to whom ever waves the most cash under his nose. I know if I had 4-5 more years to play and I have a SB ring on my finger already, I would go get some cash and prepare for a retirement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Washington

20. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    That would spell a lot of trouble for the rest of the NFC East. They are dangerous already, he would def be a nice extra puzzle piece opposite piere garcon (sp?)

21. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    NFL AM talked about him possibly going to the Texans. Him & AJ would be a good duo. W/him missing a few games we might be able to get him at a discount.

22. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    IMO the Packers won't put a FT on him as they won't want to pay him that much. They won't be able to w/everyone else we have to sign.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Trapped In Vikingville

Trapped In Vikingville Trapped

Ratings:
    +156
    I doubt that he would want to go to Minnesota. Why would anyone want to go to Minnesota? Do you think AP is happy he's in Minny? He is having the season of his career and it's all bittersweet. I know money talks but I feel that Jennings is not just about money.

24. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Wonder if the texans can afford that with all the big time names they have, shaub,watt, A johnson, A foster

25. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +391
    Jennings will have 2 rings. I wouldn't be surprised if he talked to the Patriots. If I were Greg & the Packers didn't sign me these would be the 5 teams I would go for.
    Pats
    Skins
    Texans
    Denver &
    49ers