1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jennings and Jones ready for Sunday!

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GakkofNorway, Sep 22, 2007.

1. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Green Bay - Greg Jennings and rookie James Jones, the Green Bay Packers' second- and third-best wide receivers, buoyed the spirits of coach Mike McCarthy on Friday by returning to practice from hamstring injuries.

Although both players got limited work, the Packers designated each as probable on their injury report for the San Diego game Sunday at Lambeau Field.

"Yeah, we feel good," McCarthy said. "Talking with Greg and James post-practice, they felt they went through the practice OK."

Jones has started the first two games opposite Donald Driver because Jennings has been out with a pulled hamstring since Sept. 6. On Thursday, Jones was pulled early from practice with what the Packers said was a hamstring injury.

"It wasn't even my hamstring yesterday," Jones said. "It was just coaches being scared and nervous. I'm 100% right now."

Jones ran No. 3 behind Driver and Jennings throughout camp. After tying for the league lead in receptions with 21 during the exhibition season, Jones has caught eight of the 12 passes thrown his way for 104 yards (13-yard average) in two games.

"He'll generally have about one play a week that he might draw a blank on," wide receivers coach Jimmy Robinson said. "He's getting better on that. It's just coaching and hammering it home."

Jennings also started the first two games of his rookie season, catching seven passes for 72 yards (10.3) and one touchdown. Then he exploded for 13 receptions, 292 yards (22.5) and two touchdowns in Weeks 3-5 before injuring his ankle.

Robinson was asked whether Jones' level of play this season was comparable to Jennings' play in the first five games last season.

"I would say it'd be real close," he said. "It's been good for him to get that exposure and have that on him. I think he's responded."

How will playing time be divvied up between Jennings and Jones?

"I think all three of those guys will play a lot," Robinson said. "That would be my guess. Keep them fresh."

Injury list: Running back Vernand Morency (knee), listed as doubtful, won't play.

Linebacker Desmond Bishop (shoulder) was added to the report as questionable. He suffered a sprained left shoulder Sunday, then aggravated the injury Thursday.

Eleven other players were listed as probable, and all should play.

Participating fully in practice were tight end Bubba Franks (knee), tackles Chad Clifton (ankle) and Tony Moll (neck), defensive linemen Cullen Jenkins (wrist) and Corey Williams (ankle) and safety Aaron Rouse (hamstring). Rouse has been out since the third exhibition game.

Limited participants were guard Jason Spitz (calf), defensive linemen Aaron Kampman (rib) and Johnny Jolly (heel), cornerbacks Al Harris (back) and Charles Woodson (hip), and Bishop.

2. Jakest3r

Jakest3r Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sigh of relief. Getting Jennings back is great as well, we really needed him and should add some force to our offense on Sunday.

3. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the good news. It's a little odd, though, that the first sentence of the article says Jones had a hamstring injury, then a little later Jones is quoted saying it was NOT a hamstring injury. I hope he's right. We don't want it to turn into one of those nagging injuries.

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    "It wasn't even my hamstring yesterday," Jones said. "It was just coaches being scared and nervous. I'm 100% right now."

Where's that thread from AADP now where he was saying it was bad cuz he left in a SUV? I need to stretch for my I told you so dance!! heh :p j/k

5. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Would you believe my account was hacked, and it wasn't me who posted that thread? :p

This is a big relief though.

Man I can't wait for Sunday!!!

6. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    great news I cant wait to see what all the WR'S together can do. Driver, Jennings, Jones, Martin and Robinson (when he gets back) is going to be an awesome group!

Anyways has any heard the word on Morency is he playing this week?

7. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    nvm I found the injury report

Mike Montgomery DE Knee Out
    Vernand Morency RB Knee Doubtful
    Desmond Bishop LB Shoulder Questionable
    Chad Clifton T Ankle Probable
    Bubba Franks TE Knee Probable
    Cullen Jenkins DE Wrist Probable
    Tony Moll T Neck Probable
    Aaron Rouse S Hamstring Probable
    Corey Williams DT Ankle Probable
    Al Harris CB Back Probable
    Greg Jennings WR Hamstring Probable
    Johnny Jolly DT Heel Probable
    James Jones WR Hamstring Probable
    Aaron Kampman DE Rib Probable
    Jason Spitz G Calf Probable
    Charles Woodson CB Hip Probable

8. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dang Morrency is doubtful. I didn't know his knee was THAT bad :-?

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a lot of probables.

10. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Well.....they HAVE to list everything. If the NFL thinks you are holding out on ANY injury, they will jump on your team in an instant.
    If a guy has a hangnail and you don't list it, you'll be fined. (Maybe not that drastic, but you get my point!LOL!)
    I'm just glad we can have our 3 best WR's on the field at the same time! I'm hyped to see what they can do!

11. Aytumious

Aytumious Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Probables are minor. They'll all play.

12. CaptainItchy

CaptainItchy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Greg Jennings: "I'm Definitely Playing"

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
    Saturday, September 22, 2007
    Update: Jennings (hamstring, probable), who practiced on Friday, has proclaimed himself ready to play this weekend, the Wisconsin State Journal reports.

Recommendation: "I'm definitely playing on Sunday," Jennings said. "It's been too long, too long. I feel good, I feel fresh. Now I have to stay out there." Despite his absence, Jennings is expected to start on Sunday. Chcek back Sunday to verify his status, but he looks like a go this week.

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's out.

14. scharles

scharles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm so pumped for tomorrow with Jennings back, I'll be gettin up at 4 am to throw on the Jennings jersey for the trip to Lambeau... Hopefully Greg will spark something fierce in our Packer O.

15. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Gosh, how many times must I urge you to stop using "iLOVEzero" as a password??

I can't wait to see how Jennings does. Will he be a shadow like he was in Pre Season? Or was that just the Packers getting to see what they have in Jones by calling more plays for him than Jennings?

16. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I think he was only a shadow cause they were using Jones, to see how good he might be. Jennings will light it up today!

17. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    That's what I think too. The proof I use to support that in my mind is the comments made by McCarthy when he said "I already know what I have with Jennings, I need to know what I have with these younger guys" (thats not word for word, but you get the idea, it was his point clearly)