1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Jeff Saturday

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by Packers80, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Packers80

Packers80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +44
    Reports saying that we have signed Jeff Saturday at Center. I believe this was a great signing. Although he's 37 years old, all we really need him for is 1 season. If we can draft a center that Ted Thompson believes will be the center of the future, then that's what we will do. But in the mean time he can learn behind Jeff Saturday, arguably one of the best centers in the last decade. We could not afford going into the draft with a need at Center, Defensive End, Outside Linebacker, and if Nick Collins isn't coming back, Safety. We've shored up on more need for another season, and I believe it was a good move by the staff.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +519
    Great news. We really needed that. Now that we don't have to worry about a center for next year my hopes for the draft are:

1st round: Michael Brockers. Alternate: Trade down for Bruce Irvin
    2nd round: Harrison Smith (if Nick is not coming back). Alternate: Kendall Reyes if Nick is coming back.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977