1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

jeff samardzija

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by jessefly, Apr 11, 2008.

1. jessefly

jessefly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    this guy popped into my head the other day thinking about the draft....and i started wondering what happened to him. I always liked jeff samardzija (WR #83 from ND) but he decided to play baseball for the cubs. He had skills if you ask me in football and could be an elite reciever in my opinion. Im just curious what would make anyone pick baseball over the NFL?

2. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Hmm less hits, contact and a better quality of life post playing career might be one... not for me.. but heck I ain't that bright. :wink:

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    Tell 'em the law's coming. Tell 'em I'm coming, and hell's coming with me! Ya hear? Hell's coming with me!!!

4. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    You're no daisy, you're no daisy at all.

Poor soul, you were just too high strung.....

5. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    As the 2008 draft approaches, we’ve gotten several e-mails from readers who are curious as to whether former Notre Dame receiver Jeff Samardzija, projected to go in the first round a year ago, will enter the 2008 draft.

The answer is easy. When Samardzija wasn’t drafted in 2007, he became a free agent — and remains a free agent today.

If, however, someone had taken a flier on Samardzija a year ago and had not signed him, he would have been draftable again this year. Because he wasn’t drafted, the point is moot.

And the entire discussion very well could be moot, at least for now. Samardzija has shown no inclination to leave his baseball career. If/when he does, he’ll be able to hand pick his first NFL team

6. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    baseball is also way more lucrative! the scrubs are making 1-3 mil a year