1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jeff Garcia - Fractured Left Fibula

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by tromadz, Sep 2, 2005.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Preseason injuries strike again. Now it is all Joey Harrington. Poor lions.

2. cdnpackfan

cdnpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sucks for Detroit, Garcia is still a good QB and was a great backup for if Harrington struggled/got injured.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Bet they wish they kept Mike McMahon now. I know I'm glad they let him go. Something about that guy man I didn't like seeing him in a Lions uniform.

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well it won't be long now until Charles "Fragile" Rogers gets injured!

5. AF Lion

AF Lion Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Lions have a new 3rd string QB :-?

Coach Steve Mariucci will keep Garcia on the roster if the prognosis is for him to return for a late-season playoff run.

"The decision isn't who the starter is," Mariucci said. "The decision is who you want to be the backup. Is it Dan, or is it somebody out there? Or is it Kevin Johnson as our third?"

Johnson, a wide receiver, played quarterback in high school. He took some snaps in practice Wednesday.

In five seasons with Cleveland, Johnson attempted seven passes and completed two. He threw a 33-yard touchdown pass in a 40-39 loss to Kansas City in a 2002 season opener.

Johnson would be strictly an emergency option -- if Harrington and Orlovsky were forced to leave in the same game.

6. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Detroit will probably be getting some good draft choices again this coming draft. If they ever get a QB, look out.