Jeff Faine

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone seen what Cleveland is asking for him. I would not give up our first or second round. I did see a fan post a proposal for Cleveland to give us their first and third pick and Faine for our first at #5 and I would support that idea.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
Anyone seen what Cleveland is asking for him. I would not give up our first or second round. I did see a fan post a proposal for Cleveland to give us their first and third pick and Faine for our first at #5 and I would support that idea.

I can't imagine Cleveland thinks he is worth that. If so, why would they go after Bentley? Are they going to put a guy worth a first or second round pick on the bench?

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about adding walker to that deal??

Like our 1st rounder and walker for
thier 1st round a 3rd or 4th rounder and Faine

That to me sounds fair to both sides.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we give walker when they just said there 1st 3rd and Faine for our 1st?

Besides i would make walker sit out the whole year or play through his contract. You cant just trade him or cut him because them everyone on the packers who is unhappy with there contract will try and do the same thing.

:gobble: :gobble: :gobble: :gobble: :gobble: :gobble: :gobble:
:beer: :beer: :beersign: :beer:

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes Legend,, if we trade him we will send the wrong signal,,, if you want a bigger check just hold out...

No Walker have only 3 options:

1.- Play for the Pack the whole season and after that you get your big check.

2.- Hold out, skip most of the season and show just in time to make this season count to become a FA. If he does so, we shouldnt get him in the active roster, not even send him a pass in practice, keep the guy running around the field. Then he can sign anywhere else and he wont get his big paycheck either, at least for a couple of years more.

3.- Retire. And forget about the big money.

So if he is bright enough he should just take option 1.

I think TT is doing the right thing with Javon.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably just a 4th or 5th rounder.. Nothing to big. He has had histories of injuries as well.

My guess is a 5th rounder and a based on his performance pick in 06..

So like if he goes to the Pro Bowl they'll receive a 2nd round pick for him
If he starts all 16 games 4th rounder.

Something like that.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker stated he would be a "cancer" on the team if forced to come in. I don't want him here anymore. Get rid of the punk for anything you can get for him, before he destroys the whole team.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Walker stated he would be a "cancer" on the team if forced to come in. I don't want him here anymore. Get rid of the punk for anything you can get for him, before he destroys the whole team.

Well that proves that he's doing nothing more than bluffing.. I thought he was going to retire.. and not play for the PAck.. Sounds like he needs to get his prorities right.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the best part is, from what i hear, this is very out of character for him. hes supposedly a nice kid.

is he bluffing? im begining to think he is, as each day passes.

Id like to see him be a cancer in that locker room. Lets see how Brett(and his boys Chad and Mark),Donald, and Al greet him.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is Walker going to destroy the team? I don't understand...I mean he could create chaos but I think the team would be alright.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, back to this thread on Jeff Faine, does anyone else feel we have our center and his backup already on the team? Why would we send Cleveland a mid level draft pick for a player they will more than likely cut in training camp.

We will be one of the few teams left with any money, and players like this will be a dime a dozen. I would pass on a trade right now.

Members online

Latest posts