Jay Cutler wants press coverage

Travis Duncan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler during the second half against the New York Giants at Metlife Stadium. The Bears won the game 20-17. Joe Camporeale-US PRESSWIRE

By Travis Duncan
Packerforum writer

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler said Tuesday that he would prefer Packers defensive backs to play man or press coverage with receivers Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery Thursday night.

To Packers defensive backs who would like to get physical, Cutler said "Good luck".

Cutler said on his radio show that the hard part in Chicago these days, after acquiring the 6-foot-5 Marshall, and drafting Jeffrey, is deciding who to throw to when they get man coverage.

He continued via the Chicago Tribune, "We have some dudes [notably Marshall and Jeffrey] that if you're going to get up in our face … our big guys are going to throw-and-go. We invite press coverage. We invite man. And if we get in that type of game, our guys outside have to make some plays for us."

In Sunday's win 41-21 against an inexperienced Indianapolis defense Cutler found Marshall nine times for 119 yards and a touchdown. Jeffrey, a second-round pick of the Bears, caught three passes for 80 yards including a TD. Cutler totaled 333 yards and completed 21 of 35 passes with 2 TDs.

For his career, Cutler is 1-5 in games against the Packers, dating back to 2007 when he was a Broncos quarterback.

Packers head coach Mike McCarthy said that he expects to see "unscouted" looks from the Bears' offense on Thursday night under new Bears offensive coordinator Mike Tice.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he needs to shut up which won't happen. I'd love to go to Chicago when we play them

KManx89

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know, I guess it's true what they say, eh?

"Be careful what you wish for, Jay, you just might get it". :D :sneaky: ;)

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess he wasn't happy w/the press coverage he's gotten the last 2 yrs. I mean c'mon he cares about what happens in the game. So who on the bears will do the T.O impersonation "that's my QB" while crying.

Members online

Latest posts