Javon who?....Murphy and the rookies

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net,

Do you mean a trade or just keep him from coming back after training camp? I hated McKenzie coming back to the Packers after his holdout because he did nothing but spread cancer among the team. I don't know if Walker is that type, but I'd like to see the Packers just sit on it and make Walker sit out the entire year if he doesn't want to report. They should take the stance that if you want to play football in the NFL for the next couple of seasons, it's going to be as a GB Packer! :x

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To many times the press want to make a story out of the business side of football and the fans get caught up in it. It make good story, but it also can get out of control. Javon is an awsome reciever and the Pack would be making a big mistake in letting him go. Give him a new contract loaded with incentives and then he's got to earn what he wants. It's the only way to guarantee your getting your monies worth.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Javon back in the fold, but, it's nice to see that if he continues his holdout, we have guys who want to play for this team who can help out.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Javon back in the fold.
I do too but only if he comes back to play and not just to finish out his contract. I think if he does come back without a new contract he will have to play his heart out to substantiate the raise he wants. If he comes back however and the team has ill feelings towards him I wonder if the ball might be thrown at another open reciever who is playing for "the team".

Later
Leopardmech

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
I wonder if the ball might be thrown at another open Receiver who is playing for "the team". Leopardmech
I have no doubt that anyone and everyone on the Team would rather throw to someone they "TRUST".. as opposed to any other option.

As talented as Javon may be - how many of you would really trust in his feelings about "catching" that pass? Especially knowing what you now know...!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon seemed like a good person when he came in. I believe he has to act his age, take a hard look at the people around him giving bad advice, and disassociate with those people.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon is getting terrible advice from his agent, having said that, Javon is the one who has to deal with the ramifications. I'd like him back too, but I don't want him back with a new contract. I don't think Thompson will do that. I'd do the same thing with Walker as I would have done with McKenzie. Once the season starts, you're no longer welcome, now you have to sit out the season. The problem with McKenzie is that Sherman took him back.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon will be back with no hard feelings and he will play his but off to prove he is worth what he thinks he is. He has two years left on his contract. He has no options. If he sits nobody would want him.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is to his advantage to play well to get the money he wants when his contract ends. Another season like last year really would put the idea in peoples minds that he is an elite receiver. Expecting a rookie WR to contribute much is unrealistic. That is the position that probably has the least ability for someone to step right in. Look at what Walker, Ferguson, Driver, Brooks and even Sharpe did their rookie years. Murphy will start to show his true stuff about half way through next season.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another season like last year really would put the idea in peoples minds that he is an elite receiver.
I agree with you there. If JW had another season like last year I am sure the team would write him up a new contract before the final year. But with only one season like that under his belt I think the team has to stand their ground and not give in to him.

Later
Leopardmech

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
Another season like last year really would put the idea in peoples minds that he is an elite receiver.
I agree with you there. If JW had another season like last year I am sure the team would write him up a new contract before the final year. But with only one season like that under his belt I think the team has to stand their ground and not give in to him.

Later
Leopardmech

Not that it would happen but...
How about a season with Rodgers or Nall tossing to him? Then we could see just how much of an "elite" receiver he is. Not that I don't think he's great, but lets remember those balls don't see him open down field and don't thread themselves between defenders all on their own.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:
Not that it would happen but...
How about a season with Rodgers or Nall tossing to him? Then we could see just how much of an "elite" receiver he is. Not that I don't think he's great, but lets remember those balls don't see him open down field and don't thread themselves between defenders all on their own.

those balls saw a lot of recievers and no reciever was able to do what Javon did in '04

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Javon is getting terrible advice from his agent, having said that, Javon is the one who has to deal with the ramifications. I'd like him back too, but I don't want him back with a new contract. I don't think Thompson will do that. I'd do the same thing with Walker as I would have done with McKenzie. Once the season starts, you're no longer welcome, now you have to sit out the season. The problem with McKenzie is that Sherman took him back.

Exactly...the problem is that Sherman took him back. If JW decides to sit, he needs to stay away from the team and find another way to make money. Period.

Members online

Latest posts