Javon Walkers New Contract!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It has been reported it is for 5 years 42 million dollars and around 15 million dollar signing bonus. I can see why he was mad and wanted to leave Green Bay because he didnt want to make half as much as Ferguson.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
15 million signing bonus? For a guy who had ONE good year,and ONE good knee?

unreal. I mean...good for him. He can now coast and do nothing except take care of himself and his knee, and be selfish.

But denver...****** up huge.

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The deal also includes standard contract language that protects the Broncos in the unlikely event that Walker cannot return from the season-ending knee injury he suffered last year.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah he should come back to play, but he might not be the javon walker they are expecting.

there is no language in a contract that says "you dont get the money if we ****** up big" like the broncos did. 15 mil?!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
of course you think this...

since TT screwed things up with him...

I got news for you...

Shanahan's WAY smarter then TT....
(Walker's gonna light it up in Denver...)

OP
OP
P

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon wont be having a HOF QB throwing to him now he will have a HOS (HALL OF SHAME)

ARE YOU A PACKERS FAN.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
yeah he should come back to play, but he might not be the javon walker they are expecting.

there is no language in a contract that says "you dont get the money if we f'd up big" like the broncos did. 15 mil?!

Guys come back from that injury every year. Some even stonger than before.

I don't like what he did but he's a stud. Shanahan is no idiot.

I'm not saying we could have re-signed him, just that Denver got a helluva WR.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no they didnt. he WAS a stud.

he ISNT a stud until he answers the questions regarding his knee and has a good season.

Id gladly call him a stud, i dont care...but that knee is a question mark.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

I got news for you...

Shanahan's WAY smarter then TT....
(Walker's gonna light it up in Denver...)

You really need to wake up.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
no they didnt. he WAS a stud.

he ISNT a stud until he answers the questions regarding his knee and has a good season.

Id gladly call him a stud, i dont care...but that knee is a question mark.

Denver checked the knee out before giving him 15 million. I believe they even had a doctor look at it.....not just some guy that stayed in a Holiday Inn Express!

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't J Walker do what the rest of us would do? Go to the job were he can make the most money. I don't think that you can blame him at all for what he did.

I believe that the NFL should make a statement to correctly compensate teams for these holdouts. Maybe if a different team signs a contract holdout, the cap hit counts double what the actual contract reads. This would slow down the contract breaches.

T Jones from the Bears will be holding out before the season starts. He is vastly underpaid for his performance. There is hardly any negative for him to holdout and make more money, so why shouldn't he?

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
Didn't J Walker do what the rest of us would do? Go to the job were he can make the most money. I don't think that you can blame him at all for what he did.

I believe that the NFL should make a statement to correctly compensate teams for these holdouts. Maybe if a different team signs a contract holdout, the cap hit counts double what the actual contract reads. This would slow down the contract breaches.

T Jones from the Bears will be holding out before the season starts. He is vastly underpaid for his performance. There is hardly any negative for him to holdout and make more money, so why shouldn't he?

nobody with an ounce of honor would do what javon walker did. he was under CONTRACT people!!! if that wasn't enough, he then goes out & bashes the team who is PAYING him, the entire city of Green Bay, & his teammates!!!!!! i STILL go back to the fact that he was under contract - all these cry-babies start whining after one friggin good season & it makes me sick!! then to have fans actually BACKING assfaces like this up?????? UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE!!! :twisted:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure Walker was pissed that Ferguson was scheduled to make more money than him this year...

Ahman Green got screwed by not holding out when he was producing the most yards in the NFL..then he got hurt..so he kind of missed his payday..

You have to see it from the players point of view...If you outperform your contract....a team isn't going to say..

"Hey..I see you're outperforming your contract...here's some more money"...

but they should...because they end up losing very "valuable" players that have developed and have performed in the NFL, such as Javon...(and then have to take their chances with "rookie" receivers who give you no guarantee regarding their development...)

TT should have spoken to Javon about this LAST YEAR when he came back from his hold-out and before he tore up his knee....!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i get what you're saying 66 but let's enter REALITY for a minute, shall we? NOBODY & i mean NOBODY in the REAL WORLD who is under contract can walk up to their boss & say "i want more money - i want it now - or i won't work - i'll just sit on my keester all day." someone like that would be out on their can & sued for breach of contract immediately. i just don't understand why professional athletes can't get that through their thick skulls. perhaps if TT had talked with javon a little more, this situation could have been avoided - i don't know & quite frankly, i don't care. i wish javon no ill will - i just wish he would have been a REAL man & stuck by his contract.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
uh huh..Packgrrrl...

But the problem is..you see..that these contracts AREN'T GUARANTEED.(like in baseball), and a player can be cut at anytime if he's NOT performing...yet if the player IS performing above and beyond his contract...he is locked into it.

It's sort of like..if you're in a UNION..a boss cannot fire you for abitrary reasons without building some kind of case against you...or going by some guidelines of performance...but in the NFL...they can cut you...for ANY reason..

It seems to me that the rules of these contracts are kind of arbitrary, and there should be some kind of standards built in...like incentive clauses...etc..sort of like a step-raise kind of system....Like.."if you meet certain requirements...(like top 5 in some statistical area of the NFL or making the pro-bowl, etc.), you should get a percentage increase of x amount of dollars..."

Something like that...

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

TT didn't screw things with Walker in GB, Walker screwed things with Walker in GB. Quit blaming TT for every bloody thing you don't personally like with this team. Last year we got to listen to you whine ad nauseum about how it was all Sherman's fault. This year it starts all over again... Blaming TT for everything YOU don't personally like. I wonder who you are going to point the finger at once TT is gone from GB (that is if you are still a Packers fan once Favre retires, which is something I seriously have doubts about).

OOC, have you ever *once* said anything positive about the franchaise you claim to be a fan of??? I mean seriously. If you have, please post the link because I don't believe I have ever seen it. :roll:

Ryan: Any hope of dedicating a single thread to P@ck's rants so we all don't have to read the same repititious nonsense every time we open a thread, regardless of what the topic may be?? Actually, an even better idea would be an ignore button.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Last time I checked this was still America, and everyone is entitled to the freedom to express their own opinion...

By the way...How did Sherman do last year and why was he fired Anubis?

This is one of the few things that I would agree with TT on...although I don't think he should have given him a raise first...but that's just me..apparently..

Just because an opinion ****** you off doesn't mean that it's not necessarily true...!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
You have to see it from the players point of view...If you outperform your contract....a team isn't going to say..

"Hey..I see you're outperforming your contract...here's some more money"...

WTF is "outperforming your contract"???? Walker's job was to catch footballs. I am unaware of any NFL contract that says "we'll pay you $500,000 catch only 20 balls per season, and none are required to be under double coverage or in the end zone".

Walker happened to catch a lot more footballs than most receivers under a lot more coverage. Had he played out his final two years, he would have been able to use that ability to negotiate a far better contract than the one he originally signed. No doubt something akin to what Denver just gave him.

After reading your "union" reference, I get the impression you missed an important lesson in life: if you want something, you have to work for it. Unfortunately, whiners like Walker want the big payday before they have actually proven themselves. He had one good Pro-Bowl calibre season, and sat out all of last season with a knee injury. I am certainly curious how well he is going to do after the injury, and how well his receives without Favre throwing passes to him. For Denver's sake I hope he wasn't a one-shot wonder (for the league's sake however, I hope that's all he was).

P@ck66 said:
TT should have spoken to Javon about this LAST YEAR when he came back from his hold-out and before he tore up his knee....!

You mean TT should have given into his demands and renegotiated a new contract before the season began, thereby justifying him, and any other greedy primadonna to ignore contracts, screw their team and hold the league hostage? :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Last time I checked this was still America, and everyone is entitled to the freedom to express their own opinion...

This being America does not give you the right to falsely blame a man for another man's immaturity, lack of loyalty, dishonor and lack of patience.

Bottom line, Javon did what he felt he needed to do to get paid. Did you read that? JAVON. Not Ted, JAVON.

You can keep your hateBlinders on if you wish, you (as Javon) are entitled to being **** **** **** *** *** **** ****. You can surely fill in the blanks with your 'freedom of speech' jargon.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

By the same token, the rest of us are also entitled to the freedom to ignore your opinion altogether.

P@ck66 said:
By the way...How did Sherman do last year and why was he fired Anubis?

When did I ever say Sherman should not have been fired, P@ck??? However, unlike you, I can see that the problems in GB last season were far greater than the HC. You, on the other hand, feel ALL the problems in GB can be solved by getting rid of one person (last year Sherman, this year TT), or hiring one person (a la your T.O. rant).

P@ck66 said:
Just because an opinion ****** you off doesn't mean that it's not necessarily true...!

That is something you should read over and over again until it sinks in.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the same kind of PTSD comments that I heard when Sharpe got injured. Javon was hardly the link that would put us over the top. We made out just fine after Sharpe went down ... no reason to think any different now.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
P@ck66 said:

This being America does not give you the right to falsely blame a man for another man's immaturity, lack of loyalty, dishonor and lack of patience.

Bottom line, Javon did what he felt he needed to do to get paid. Did you read that? JAVON. Not Ted, JAVON.

You can keep your hateBlinders on if you wish, you (as Javon) are entitled to being **** **** **** *** *** **** ****. You can surely fill in the blanks with your 'freedom of speech' jargon.

Gee..Zero..

I thought "moderators" were supposed to be...you know..."moderate"...

...(definitely seems to be some kind of bias..there...oh well...)

I just thought this was a forum where the free exchange of ideas were encouraged...ALL IDEAS...not just the ones you personally like or agree with....just me..i guess....

Don't be hatin'...

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
i get what you're saying 66 but let's enter REALITY for a minute, shall we? NOBODY & i mean NOBODY in the REAL WORLD who is under contract can walk up to their boss & say "i want more money - i want it now - or i won't work - i'll just sit on my keester all day." someone like that would be out on their can & sued for breach of contract immediately. i just don't understand why professional athletes can't get that through their thick skulls. perhaps if TT had talked with javon a little more, this situation could have been avoided - i don't know & quite frankly, i don't care. i wish javon no ill will - i just wish he would have been a REAL man & stuck by his contract.

Everything that you say is correct except for one thing - they do get away with the breach of contracts. I don't think that it is the athletes with the thick skulls - it is the leauge. They need to make a change to prevent this from happening, but the players union will never let it change, so it is a part of the business of football. You will have a much better feeling when the Bears get screwed and lose T Jones for the same reasons.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I just thought this was a forum where the free exchange of ideas were encouraged...ALL IDEAS...not just the ones you personally like or agree with....just me..i guess....

Don't be hatin'...

P@ck,

The reason a lot of people are sick of your *ahem* ideas, is because they all seem to consist of the following three points:

1. Mike Sherman screwed the Packers.
2. Ted Tompson is currently ******** the Packers.
3. Ted Thompson has a secret agenda to force Brett Favre out of Green Bay.

In fact, I have not read a post yet where you did not make one, two or all of the above points the primary focus of not only the post, but the thread as well. You consistantly do this even in threads that have absolutely nothing to with Sherman, TT or Favre.

Now just for clarification purposes, here's what is abundantly clear to everyone who has ever read one of your posts:

1. We know you hate Mike Sherman and blame him for all the problems in Green Bay.
2. We know you hate Ted Thompson and blame him for all the problems in Green Bay.
3. We all know you think that TT is behind a grand conspiracy to try to run Favre out of Green Bay.

Now, is there still reason to repeat yourself over and over again ad nauseum???

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts