Javon Walker

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just heard a report on ESPN that J Walk went under the knife today for knee surgery and "will miss a significant amount of time"

Wow the Broncos are really struggling now, anyone know the status of Travis Henry

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
man, i really really wish TT wasnt such an idiot.

just think... we could have signed this guy for a ton of money and not signed that waste of space Charles Woodson, and not resigned Aaron Kampman and forget about that washed up Al Harris!!! god TT sucks!.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

just think... we could have signed this guy for a **** ton of money and not signed that waste of space Charles Woodson, and not resigned Aaron Kampman and forget about that washed up Al Harris!!! god TT sucks!.

:lol: :p :lol:

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score

just think... we could have signed this guy for a **** ton of money and not signed that waste of space Charles Woodson, and not resigned Aaron Kampman and forget about that washed up Al Harris!!! god TT sucks!.

Sorry, that was uncalled for

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Denver Broncos wide receiver Javon Walker needs another surgery on his right knee, the one he tore up in the 2005 opener for Green Bay that caused him to miss the entire season.
Walker will have an operation Friday in Houston and will be out "for a few weeks," coach Mike Shanahan said Thursday.

"Javon's not feeling very good," Shanahan said.

Shanahan didn't have a precise timetable for Walker's return and said he wasn't sure what the procedure entailed.

"Doctors don't think it's very serious, but serious enough to go in there and clean it out because he's been off of it for a few weeks and it hasn't gotten much better," Shanahan said.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This is PURE speculation, I have nothing supporting this...BUT

What if Ted DID offer a incentive laden contract with a nice 3 or 5 million bonus and Javon turned it down because he wanted more guaranteed money? Maybe Javon knew his knee wasn't going to last or maybe wasn't confident in it enough to play on a incentive based contract and forced his hand out of GB.

:shrug:

or maybe I've been watching too many Law & Order : CI / SVU episodes too

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

Get TT to poop in a bag. Open bag. Remove poop. Smear poop on face.

May as well since you have your head up his .........

why in the hell would you have to edit that???? what you couldnt spell poop right the first time? quality post by the way... your a real asset to this site.

look pal, just because your retarded mouth breathing stance on TT has been proven wrong on a daily basis this season... doesnt mean you need to take it out on me.

but i understand buddy....youve posted 130+ posts about how TT is terrible... now every second your on this site.. you look more like an idiot... so id lash out if i were you too. dbag

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like the job Thompson is doing so far, but losing Javon Walker was probably his biggest mistake as Packer GM. I really don't think he predicted that Walker would require knee surgery in his second season as a Bronco. We don't even know what kind of surgery this is anyway.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad that injury prone headcase is gone. Have fun with...Jay Cutler? Ha!

Meanwhile ol #4 has Driver, Jennings, Jones, K-Rob with an improved Bubba Franks and D Lee.

Shoulda thought it through, Javon. That's what you get when you listen to T.O. and Drew Rosendouche.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

I like the job Thompson is doing so far, but losing Javon Walker was probably his biggest mistake as Packer GM. I really don't think he predicted that Walker would require knee surgery in his second season as a Bronco. We don't even know what kind of surgery this is anyway.

name one thing Javon Walker has done since we let him go... that a reciever on this team currently couldnt... has his team won? was he ever worth the money? letting Javon go wasnt a mistake. he had a major injury to his knee and only had one good season... letting him go was not a mistake

edit - greg.. not meant to attack you at all... i just disagree with giving into a players demands... when the said player has had one good season one below average season. and then a very serious injury. he was basically a second year player. you dont give anyone more money after their second year ESPECIALLY after a major major knee surgery. just never made sense to me. and hes really done nothing special since so it was a good decision.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
why in the hell would you have to edit that???? what you couldnt spell poop right the first time? quality post by the way... your a real asset to this site.

look pal, just because your retarded mouth breathing stance on TT has been proven wrong on a daily basis this season... doesnt mean you need to take it out on me.

but i understand buddy....youve posted 130+ posts about how TT is terrible... now every second your on this site.. you look more like an idiot... so id lash out if i were you too. dbag

Note to self:... Do not, I repeat, Do not **** in Packnic's cheerios. :thumbsup:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

I think someone said you were one to state the obvious. I'm shocked you think it was Ted's fault Javon left. Or that it was a mistake by Ted.
Javon lost the Packers. He's still my favorite WR, but he is very immature.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Packnic said:

name one thing Javon Walker has done since we let him go... that a reciever on this team currently couldnt... has his team won? was he ever worth the money? letting Javon go wasnt a mistake. he had a major injury to his knee and only had one good season... letting him go was not a mistake

What did he do since he left?
He caught 69 passes for an average of over 15 yards a catch and got into the endzone 8 times.

To add to that. He's rushed 9 times for 123 yards and 1 TD.

Javon is a helluva WR when healthy. I hope his knee isn't bad and can play. I'd like to see him play against the Packers. But I still want the Packers to win, of course.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
name one thing Javon Walker has done since we let him go... that a reciever on this team currently couldnt...

Well, he caught 69 passes for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns. That's not as good a year as Driver had, but it's pretty darn good. Also, he gave the Broncos a deep threat which helped open up their offense.

Like many fans, I was disappointed in how Walker went public with his contract demands, and by the time he left, I was glad he was gone. I don't know exactly what Thompson's role was in Walker getting so mad, which is why I said losing Walker was "probably" Thompson's biggest mistake. I'm guessing that Thompson probably could've handled the situation better than he did. But I just don't know.

I guess what I was objecting to in Packnic's post, really, was the implication that Thompson somehow could've guessed that Walker would injure his knee. I just thought that was going too far. After all, Greg Jennings has had plenty of injuries as well. Players get injured all the time. It happens. Ahman Green is a different story, because he was getting old for an RB and had had several injuries in the past few years. But Walker just had one freakish knee injury.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
Greg C. said:
Packnic said:

He caught 69 passes for an average of over 15 yards a catch and got into the endzone 8 times.

Javon is a helluva WR when healthy. I hope his knee isn't bad and can play. I'd like to see him play against the Packers. But I still want the Packers to win, of course.

Greg Jennings since Javon Left: 59 passes for an average of 14.6 and 6 TDs. all while with a much better attitude and at a much cheaper price.

Greg Jennings: 59 Rec - 6 TDs - 15 YPC ----1.5 million dollars
Javon Walker: 69 Rec - 8 TDs - 14.6 YPC ----8.5 million dollars

still want Javon??? cause ill keep going.

THIS SEASON:

Greg Jennings:14 Rec - 228 yards - YPC 16.3 - 3 TDs - Team Record 5-1
Javon Walker: 19 Rec - 230 yards - YPC 12.1 - 0 TDs TEAM RECORD 2-3

need more???

Greg: 24 Years old, humble kid who loves playing with Brett
Javon: 29 Years old, punk *** kid who hates Brett

5 years younger, 7 million dollars cheaper. same or better stats...
Losing Javon wasnt a mistake... in fact it may be the best thing that ever happened to this team.

If we keep Javon, say goodbye to Al Harris and Kampy. and you never would have seen C-wood wearing green and gold nor would you have seen the Packers beat the Redskins last sunday.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Packnic said:
Greg C. said:
Packnic said:

Greg Jennings since Javon Left: 59 passes for an average of 14.6 and 6 TDs. all while with a much better attitude and at a much cheaper price.

THIS SEASON:

need more???

Losing Javon wasnt a mistake... in fact it may be the best thing that ever happened to this team.

If we keep Javon, say goodbye to Al Harris and Kampy. and you never would have seen C-wood wearing green and gold nor would you have seen the Packers beat the Redskins last sunday.

Very nice

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I lost resepct for J-Walk when he was on wtmj out of milwaukee with I think Bill Michels ( sp?)

Bill mentioned how J-Walk had some of his family with him that night, and ON THE AIR, mentioned how Walker and his family said they went to the Packers and said Walker HAD to be the face of the Packers and not Brett..This was either very late in the season he did so well, or right at the end of that season..

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Packnic said:

Get TT to poop in a bag. Open bag. Remove poop. Smear poop on face.

May as well since you have your head up his .........

Sorry, that personal attack was uncalled for regardless of what i or you think about TT, Bret Favre, the Packers, etc.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Packnic said:
Greg C. said:
Packnic said:

THIS SEASON:

need more???

You said "name one thing Javon Walker has done since we let him go" I answered that.

You reply with the records of the teams, Greg Jennings and throwing out misinformation about salaries and attitudes. Why?

I like Jennings and I'm not saying I'd rather Walker over Jennings. I like Walker the FOOTBALL player, not the person. As a person he lacks many many attributes of a quality person, in my opinion. Javon had a good attitude in his first and second year too. His true colors showed when he opened his mouth about money and everyone put a mic in front of his lips. He didn't know how to handle it and handled it very poorly.

Jennings has who throwing him the ball? Favre --- Who on the opposite side? Driver
Javon has who throwing him the ball? Jay 2nd year Cutler --- Who on the opposite side? Brandon 2nd year Marshall
... need more?

"The Broncos signed Walker to a contract that will pay him $25 million over three years. Starting in year two. None of the payments are guaranteed, and Denver can dump him without consequence after the 2006 season, during which Walker will receive only $2.15 million."

I bet you knew that already though. Don't believe me? Call Drew and ask him yourself. (305) 936-1093

We would have been able to keep Kampman, Harris and still got Woodson and Pickett. Remember a little thing called DEFERRING.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha i knew you would come back with something... especially when i started spouting stats.

look Javon is good... but do we need the cancer in the locker room? would he help or hurt this current team? if we pay Walker, what do we have to pay Harris to keep him? Kampy?

im just saying bro, theres a lot of factors and the bottom line (and i think you agree with this) its better that hes gone.

if he didnt turn all punk, played out his contract and didnt get a serious knee injury... sure he would be a great player to have. but it didnt work out like that and so far hes a flash in the pan with a bad knee.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

I agree. Walker was really our only young stud that TT wasn't able to retain. Remember, however that we did not just lose J-Walk, we traded him for a second rounder (which we used to get colledge or jennings and some other picks).

Right now I would take Greg Jennings and his potential over J-Walk and his knee.

Reaction score
As a person he lacks many many attributes of a quality person, in my opinion. Javon had a good attitude in his first and second year too. His true colors showed when he opened his mouth about money and everyone put a mic in front of his lips. He didn't know how to handle it and handled it very poorly.

I'd disagree, I think it was Drew Rosendouche that fed Walker the "right" way to go about things which ultimately blew up in J-Walk's face.

It was the ****** that made it a public spectacle, trying to pressure Ted into getting a new contract. I wouldn't be surprised if ****** saw that Ted was a new GM, taking over a winning team that technically shouldn't regress and saw an opportunity to take advantage of the new guy and the ****** went for it.

The best thing I can say about J-Walk is that he has conducted himself with dignity since leaving; not mouthing off on the Packers (as far as I remember). I think being put into that situation for the first time led him to act like a turd, but I don't doubt he's matured since that experience and if put in the same situation would handle it with much more dignity than he did a couple of years ago.

We would have been able to keep Kampman, Harris and still got Woodson and Pickett. Remember a little thing called DEFERRING.

That is true Zero, but would we have drafted Jennings if Walker was still a Packer? What about James Jones?

The Packers traded the 2nd round pick from the Broncos to get extra picks, so those extra picks (who ever they turned out to be) probably wouldn't be on the roster if J-Walk was still a Packer.

jhensiak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Javon....WHO???

Zero...Javon doesn't care about you and he hates the Green Bay Packers

Javon can spend all that $$$ on a New TV to watch the playoffs this year.

I just chuckle when his name comes up anymore :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
haha i knew you would come back with something... especially when i started spouting stats.

look Javon is good... but do we need the cancer in the locker room? would he help or hurt this current team? if we pay Walker, what do we have to pay Harris to keep him? Kampy?

im just saying bro, theres a lot of factors and the bottom line (and i think you agree with this) its better that hes gone.

if he didnt turn all punk, played out his contract and didnt get a serious knee injury... sure he would be a great player to have. but it didnt work out like that and so far hes a flash in the pan with a bad knee.

A cancer? Hindsight is 20/20. He was a good team mate until he got to the Pro Bowl and put himself first.
If he would have went about it better, he'd still have been a good team mate and we would have still paid the same to Kampman and Harris. I understand your logic and train of thought, but its not (in my opinion) applicable to the scenario.

You're punishing him for things that if he done them right you wouldn't know about.

I won't say the Packers would be better WITH them or WITHOUT him. I'm not sure. I really like that we got so many draft picks out of the 2nd round pick for him though. Which helps give our team some depth and I believe one starter.

If the Packers would have publicly caved after his "show me the money" attitude then yes, I agree with your theory about being a cancer. But I truly believe if he had done all this behind closed doors like a man, things would have been different.

AADP, Javon is a grown man. You can be fed anything by anyone in the world, but YOU the person decide what to eat. That's what defines the person.

Members online

Latest posts