Javon Walker coulda been at Darrent Williams charity event

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dislike this man:

Walker may have avoided his Sin City beatdown had he attended a fundraiser for a fallen former teammate instead.

ESPN’s Bill Williamson reports that on the same weekend Javon was in Vegas, organizers held the first fundraising gala & parade for the Darrent Williams Foundation. The foundation was started in the memory of Williams, the Denver Broncos cornerback who was shot & killed in a drive-by shooting on New Year’s Day 2007.

Darrent’s mother Rosalind had personally asked Walker, her son’s former friend & teammate, to attend the fundraiser. But Javon said he was busy. And it’s not the first time Walker has stayed away from a Williams event.

When a memorial service was held for Darrent a few days after his death in his hometown of Fort Worth, TX, most of the Broncos organization was in attendance - except for Javon, who was reportedly spotted in Vegas during the weekend of the funeral.

But Rosalind can understand Javon’s reluctance to attend any services honoring Darrent. It can be a sad reminder for someone who saw their friend die in their arms:

Walker was sitting next to popular Denver right cornerback Darrent Williams in a limousine when Williams was shot and killed in a still unsolved drive-by shooting. Walker said in an August, 2008 interview with HBO — the only documented time Walker has spoken about the tragedy — that Williams died in his arms. Walker showed up at Denver’s facility 12 hours after the shooting with Williams’ blood covering his white shirt.

Rosalind Williams believes that Walker still hasn’t come to grips with the death of her son, and that his trips to Vegas are a way to cope with the memory:

“He hasn’t dealt with it, he just tried to move on, and believe me, you can’t,” she said. “I think he is just trying to be strong for everyone. Some men are like that. But he hasn’t allowed himself to grieve.”

That could help explain Walker’s strange explanation of the assault.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't buy that last bit for a ****** second. Because he's grieving, he constantly finds himself taking trips to Vegas? Riiiiight.

Yes, this act of douchebaggery deserves its own thread.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Javon Walker coulda been at Darrent Williams charity eve

:roll: Geez......if he was so upset about the loss of his "friend" that he couldn't bring himself to HELP OUT at a charity event in his friend's honor, what is he doing wasting fine champaign by spraying it over a crowd? Couldn't the money he wasted that way go to WAY better use as a memorial to Williams?
Or the 100 grand in "bling" he was wearing.....couldn't that kind of money be put to better use? Over self indulgence.......yeah......what a fitting tribute.
If he was sitting at home, reflecting on his friend's life, instead of out partying and showing off on how "rich" he is, i could respect him. But i sure don't.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I refuse to pass judgment on him not attending these things..

NO ONE can say how they would react to having a man die in their arms the way he did..

But still doesnt change the fact he is making very wrong choices

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure we can. If he's earning $60 million to run around a park to catch a couple of footballs, in my mind that makes his entire life, be it professional or personal, fair game to criticise.

And boy, do I have a lot of criticism for Javon Walker!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Sure we can. If he's earning $60 million to run around a park to catch a couple of footballs, in my mind that makes his entire life, be it professional or personal, fair game to criticise.

:shock:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I refuse to pass judgment on him not attending these things..

NO ONE can say how they would react to having a man die in their arms the way he did..

But still doesnt change the fact he is making very wrong choices
Thats true.........maybe it's just a coincidence that he's just running around Vegas making a fool of himself, and maybe it has nothing to do with the fact that he could have been doing something in his friend's memory instead.
So........I'll just judge him on his obvious poor choices.
Lets see.........spraying people with champaign. Poor choice.
Getting into a vehicle with people he dosen't know well. Poor choice.
Lie to the Police and everyone else about what REALLY happened, making up a bogus cover story. Poor choice.
He's lucky he wasn't killed. To me, he should be arrested and held accountable for lying to the Police. Obstucting an investigation like that would put you or me in jail. But HES "Javon Walker", so, so far I haven't seen any action taken against him for his actions. He's lucky the Police still caught somebody, even with his lies. Maybe he told the cops the truth, and just lied to the media so he wouldn't look like such an idiot. But he should have been smart enough to know the truth would come out eventually.
There are consequences to your actions, and he learned that the hard way. But honestly, i don't think it will change him any. I mean, if watching someone die in your arms isn't enough to stop you from acting like an ********, what WILL make you stop? Your own death?
I honestly wish he would grow up and start acting like a man. I don't wish any bad on the guy. If he changed his ways, and became a star in the NFL I would back him 100% and would be genuinely happy for the guy.
It's hard to feel sorry for a man that has the world at his feet, and wastes his multiple opportunitys because he has an over inflated ego and self worth.
He should learn the meaning of the word "humble" and put it to use in his professional AND personal life.
But like i said........if watching a man die in his arms can't straighten him out, what WILL it take?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

TheEngineer said:

:shock:

I second that Zero

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darrent’s mother Rosalind had personally asked Walker, her son’s former friend & teammate, to attend the fundraiser. But Javon said he was busy. And it’s not the first time Walker has stayed away from a Williams event.

If your friend's mother personally asks you to attend a fundraiser in her dead son's name, you go. You do not make excuses. You go. This is regardless of who he is. It doesn't matter if you're making $6 million a year or $16,000. You go. You do not make excuses.

I do not like Javon Walker.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If your friend's mother personally asks you to attend a fundraiser in her dead son's name, you go. You do not make excuses. You go. This is regardless of who he is. It doesn't matter if you're making $6 million a year or $16,000. You go. You do not make excuses.

Yeah, but how do you feel about the whole thing? come on, out with it. Don't beat around the bush son.....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I am not saying he HAD to go to the service, but he shouldn't have gone and spray champagne over people..

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I am not saying he HAD to go to the service, but he shouldn't have gone and spray champagne over people..

Well, I am.

if one of my friends is murdered, and their mother actually calls me up and tells me to be there, I'll be there. This really shows a lack of tact.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

longtimefan said:

Well, I am.

if one of my friends is murdered, and their mother actually calls me up and tells me to be there, I'll be there. This really shows a lack of tact.
I think it shows a lack of CLASS.
I agree Zombie........you put your personal feelings aside and show up for the man's mother.....period. You think it's not hard for the woman to be there? Knowing it's all because her son was murdered? The man was Walker's team mate......not his son. Yes, he witnessed it all. But he SHOULD have been there for Darrant's family, out of respect.
Thats what i would have done. I guess thats just me.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Zombieslayer said:
longtimefan said:

Well, I am.

I think it shows a lack of CLASS.
I agree Zombie........you put your personal feelings aside and show up for the man's mother.....period. You think it's not hard for the woman to be there? Knowing it's all because her son was murdered? The man was Walker's team mate......not his son. Yes, he witnessed it all. But he SHOULD have been there for Darrant's family, out of respect.
Thats what i would have done. I guess thats just me.

I fully hear what you two are saying, but I can not say he is wrong for not going..

and I would not even consider saying I would for sure go..

It is how you feel and how you THINK and FIGURE you would re-act, but until you are in those shoes you will NEVER know

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.....i know for SURE i would be there. I would do anything asked of me within reason to help out his family. I think it's reasonable to show up at a fundraiser in that case. Yes, it was horrible what he had to go through. But you "man up" and be there. It's not like he would have to actually relive the murder, just be there for his family.
But me, i would be there, period. If he didn't go because it would be too hard for him, then you don't show up in Vegas and party instead. You stay at home, out of respect. But we already know Walker is a liar, so who knows for sure if he didn't go because it would be too hard for him, or if it was because it would have conflicted with his party time.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well.....i know for SURE i would be there. I would do anything asked of me within reason to help out his family. I think it's reasonable to show up at a fundraiser in that case. Yes, it was horrible what he had to go through. But you "man up" and be there. It's not like he would have to actually relive the murder, just be there for his family.
But me, i would be there, period. If he didn't go because it would be too hard for him, then you don't show up in Vegas and party instead. You stay at home, out of respect. But we already know Walker is a liar, so who knows for sure if he didn't go because it would be too hard for him, or if it was because it would have conflicted with his party time.

My thoughts exactly.

Another sad thing about it is he used to be one of my favorite players. Thank God for Donald Driver, someone who actually has class. I'm glad we kept Driver and let Walker go.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not saying LT is wrong for his opinion, his opinio is just different then mine is all.

Oh, fo shizzle.
Heck, there's NOBODY I agree with 100% of the time.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

cheesey said:
I'm not saying LT is wrong for his opinion, his opinio is just different then mine is all.

Oh, fo shizzle.
Heck, there's NOBODY I agree with 100% of the time.
I don't even agree with myself 100% of the time!!! :lol:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Some people need to run away and hide from a tramatic event, I am not defending Javon, but instead saying, there are things in life that some people will run from. Maybe he can't stand the pain of facing the memories again, for years when I went past the spot of my accident, I would have flashes of memories. I was pinned under the truck, to this day once in a great moon I see those images of darkness, my flesh burning against the exhaust pipe, the flicker of light comming from the edges of my view. And that is 21 years ago.

Maybe this is that Javon is still going through.. I can't imagine the pain he felt having a good friend die in your arms. And there is nothing he could have done at that point to change it. Grief is a funny thing, pain becomes overbearing at times, leaving you as a person to run from the very thought of the source of pain.

Is it a shocker that he is turning to alcohol or drugs to mask the pain? Or staying away from things that will reinvite the pain to surface? Not really, again I am speculating, maybe this isn't the case with Javon, but it seems familar to me.

I choose alcohol to numb the pain.. I choose to avoid high school football games because I couldn't play... I choose to run from events or situations that would remind me of the fact that I was what I was. Heck I even turned my back on friends because they reminded me of the accident.

Personally, if this is what Javon is going through, it is understandable to a degree, however it probably is the wrong course of action. I never recovered until I faced the pain.. for me it was sitting at the accident scene letting the images paly over and over, accepting what happened, realizing that it couldn't be undone, committing to building upon what I had and expelling the fear.

Javon has seemed to make bad choices to get himself into this position, however that doesn't make the pain any less real.

In summary, again I am not defending Javon.. merely adding a alternate view on what might be happening inside Javon. Or maybe he just what he appears to be, immature and insensitive.. but I can't say because I don't know the man.. just hear the stories.

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Some people need to run away and hide from a tramatic event, I am not defending Javon, but instead saying, there are things in life that some people will run from. Maybe he can't stand the pain of facing the memories again, for years when I went past the spot of my accident, I would have flashes of memories. I was pinned under the truck, to this day once in a great moon I see those images of darkness, my flesh burning against the exhaust pipe, the flicker of light comming from the edges of my view. And that is 21 years ago.

Maybe this is that Javon is still going through.. I can't imagine the pain he felt having a good friend die in your arms. And there is nothing he could have done at that point to change it. Grief is a funny thing, pain becomes overbearing at times, leaving you as a person to run from the very thought of the source of pain.

Is it a shocker that he is turning to alcohol or drugs to mask the pain? Or staying away from things that will reinvite the pain to surface? Not really, again I am speculating, maybe this isn't the case with Javon, but it seems familar to me.

I choose alcohol to numb the pain.. I choose to avoid high school football games because I couldn't play... I choose to run from events or situations that would remind me of the fact that I was what I was. Heck I even turned my back on friends because they reminded me of the accident.

Personally, if this is what Javon is going through, it is understandable to a degree, however it probably is the wrong course of action. I never recovered until I faced the pain.. for me it was sitting at the accident scene letting the images paly over and over, accepting what happened, realizing that it couldn't be undone, committing to building upon what I had and expelling the fear.

Javon has seemed to make bad choices to get himself into this position, however that doesn't make the pain any less real.

In summary, again I am not defending Javon.. merely adding a alternate view on what might be happening inside Javon. Or maybe he just what he appears to be, immature and insensitive.. but I can't say because I don't know the man.. just hear the stories.

I agree with you. I believe that this is Javon's way of dealing with the pain he feels. He drowns it instead of facing it, as so many people do. Hell how many men do you see in bars in the state of Wisconsin after tragic things happen to them. As soon as they have the ablilty to get up they go right to the bar and don't move for days, weeks, months, or even years at a time.

I do agree that this is the WRONG and classless way to deal with the situation but I can somewhat understand Javon's thinking. Not saying he was right, he should have gone, but I can understand why he is doing what he is doing.

And like Pack93z said he won't get better until he stops drinking and faces this head on and stops being...as cheesy put it...an ********.

And sorry Cheesy I disagree with you: Their is no way you can know what you would do in a situation like this because our human psyches change dramatically in the face of..well...drama. You may be to devastated to face those friends like Pack93z was. Or you may be right and you might be strong enough to face stuff like this head on, you never know until it happens. Thank god you have never had to find out how you react in a situation as crappy as this one.

Again I want to say that i am not defending Javon, what he did was wrong, but he is just doing what hundreds of men do all over the state of Wisconsin, just on a grander scale. Though if you walk down the Vegas strip and people answered honestly you would find that a lot of them were running from something in their past.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Pack93z said:

I agree with you. I believe that this is Javon's way of dealing with the pain he feels. He drowns it instead of facing it, as so many people do. Hell how many men do you see in bars in the state of Wisconsin after tragic things happen to them. As soon as they have the ablilty to get up they go right to the bar and don't move for days, weeks, months, or even years at a time.

I do agree that this is the WRONG and classless way to deal with the situation but I can somewhat understand Javon's thinking. Not saying he was right, he should have gone, but I can understand why he is doing what he is doing.

And like Pack93z said he won't get better until he stops drinking and faces this head on and stops being...as cheesy put it...an ********.

And sorry Cheesy I disagree with you: Their is no way you can know what you would do in a situation like this because our human psyches change dramatically in the face of..well...drama.

You may be to devastated to face those friends like Pack93z was. Or you may be right and you might be strong enough to face stuff like this head on, you never know until it happens.

Thank god you have never had to find out how you react in a situation as crappy as this one.

Again I want to say that i am not defending Javon, what he did was wrong, but he is just doing what hundreds of men do all over the state of Wisconsin, just on a grander scale. Though if you walk down the Vegas strip and people answered honestly you would find that a lot of them were running from something in their past.

Both of these posts are DEAD ON

93, you explained EXACTLY what I was thinking

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well......maybe my feelings would change. I'm just going on my own life and what i have gone through, and how i was taught.
I've had enough death in my life to base my feelings on that. I haven't seen a friend gunned down though.
I can't help but wonder........could Walker have had something to do with the shooting? What i mean is.......we know what a loud mouth he has become. Maybe he smarted off to the wrong people and they retaliated by shooting at the car. Of course i don't know......but that would sure give a BIG reason why he can't face Darrant's family. And we KNOW Walker wouldn't have told the truth if it was so. It would sure match up to his personality. (Or lack there of)
Like i said......it's ONLY my speculation, i have no fact to back it up.
Just trying to figure out whats going through that kid's mind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts