Jason Spitz

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
Pros: He is a real battler on the inside and knows how to grab, hold and punch well with his hands. He has good balance with a solid base and has the leg drive to clear holes for the running game. He has an ornery demeanor and will muscle, maul and bury defenders whenever possible. As a drive blocker, he uses sound technique and gets a nice push at the point of attack. He uses his good functional strength well to control a defender the full play.
Cons: He does not do well when sliding laterally or operating in an open area. His ability to pull is marginal at best. In pass protection, he sometimes gets too tall and overextends, which causes trouble with double moves and rushers who operate on his edge. He is not quick afoot and isn’t agile, which limits him in space.
Numbers: His weight room numbers are: 475-pound bench press and 675-pound squat. Did 25 reps of 225 at the Combine. Ran a 5.46 in the 40 with a 28.5-inch vertical jump and 8’6â€

C-Mize

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Max Jean-Giles better at OG. But I think Spitz is more of a Packer guy. O well.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's an offensive guard that can play center. Good pick. fits the scheme and adds depth. I think him and Colledge will compete for starting guard.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's kinda weird that we drafted him as I've read he's not very athletic. Zone blocking usually requires very athletic guys.. but if management knows something I don't, I'm cool wit dat.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
It's kinda weird that we drafted him as I've read he's not very athletic. Zone blocking usually requires very athletic guys.. but if management knows something I don't, I'm cool wit dat.

yeah thats pretty much what it said in his bio...hopefully he can be molded.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Popcynical said:

That's what i thought too..!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
11 75 Green Bay Jason Spitz C Louisville

Gil Brandt's Analysis

When you look at his body, you don't expect him to be good. He can play guard and center, and is a very good pick here.

Members online

Latest posts