Jason Babin

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles just cut him...you guy's think he would help out our pass rush? just come in on passing downs? Wouldn't hurt, the guy was a beast last year. I think we could use the depth. Who knows he could be our next Aaron Kampman.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put him in just to rush as said above. He has to be a hell of alot better than zombo and don't tell me zombo does a thing in coverage as he is usually only in to rush.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will not happen in 10,000 parallel universes. Perhaps that was the response I should have started with.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The real question: Why did they cut him?

The answer: 5 1/2 sacks right after signing a 5 year $28M contract.

Overpaid underachiever. And he's 33. No thanks.

Gopackgo520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to not sign him. He's recorded the 3rd highest sacks since 09. I hate the scheme argument. What happened to just signing/drafting good players. Babin would be a better "fit" to our scheme than Neal Wilson Pickett Zombo Walden oh and the list goes...

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to not sign him. He's recorded the 3rd highest sacks since 09.

He's 34th in sacks this year. And he hasn't been injured. He got his paycheck and then he got lazy. Someone else can pick up his bloated contact.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a 3rd down compliment to Matthews, he'd be good. I'm generally not a fan of such a signing (age, potential large contract, scheme mismatch) but it seems to be relatively low risk to me.

Bring him in, teach him to rush from a 2-point, and turn him loose. If it goes poorly, cut him after the season.

Gopackgo520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's 34th in sacks this year. And he hasn't been injured. He got his paycheck and then he got lazy. Someone else can pick up his bloated contact.
So you'd rather continue paying guys little money to get little to return? Such as Zombo Wilson etc... I understand the age thing but at some point we need more impact guys but we try and just draft guys which is fine Babin is a bigger impact guy than everyone on our defense not named Clay Matthews. (Especially our front 7)
Oline and pass rush are our biggest issues and if we continue to draft and develop our window with Aaron Rodgers shrinks every year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to not sign him. He's recorded the 3rd highest sacks since 09. I hate the scheme argument. What happened to just signing/drafting good players. Babin would be a better "fit" to our scheme than Neal Wilson Pickett Zombo Walden oh and the list goes...

What happened to just signing good players?

I don't know, why don't you ask the Eagles... I hear they ran their team like it was madden.

atthegates97

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he would certainly help our Dline getting more pressure on the QB that is for sure. but i don't think he'll come close to falling to us in waivers

we could definitely use the help

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5 Reasons why we shouldn't/ won't sign him.

1. It wasnt just his production that got him cut

2. His salary

3. 4-3 not 3-4. He played 3-4 as a rookie but was 20 something pounds lighter.

4. Journeyman

5. Waiver wire priority. We're too low to grab him.

I swear you have a group of fans that when they see a name they recognize they think the packers should sign him, regardless of anything else.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
5. Waiver wire priority. We're too low to grab him.
That should be your #1 and only reason.
We're about 23rd in waiver priority...... but actually nobody is going to sign him with that contract.
But probably 25 other teams would like to have him at a bargain deal.

He'll re-appear in New England, Baltimore, Chicago, or San Francisco maybe, but my money is on Houston who just lost Brooks Reed, and already lost ILB Cushing for the season.

By the way, he'd be fine on our team. Our "scheme" is multi-dimensional.....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're about 23rd in waiver priority...... but actually nobody is going to sign him with that contract.

He'll re-appear in New England, Baltimore, Chicago, or San Francisco maybe, but my money is on Houston who just lost Brooks Reed, and already lost ILB Cushing for the season.

Teaching a 32 yr old player how to play linebacker? Eghhh rather not. Oh just use him for pass rushing? Still have to change his technique and then again, you're paying him mega money for only a partial role

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score

He'll "Appear" in Oakland, Buffalo, Cleveland, or Tennessee
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Gopackgo520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened to just signing good players?

I don't know, why don't you ask the Eagles... I hear they ran their team like it was madden.
Difference being we sign for the most part noone and the eagles went nuts.
It will be the age old argument while Ted Thompson is here.
While I love the draft and develop approach I believe in signing a few pieces as well...
I like most fans felt we should have won multiple Super Bowls with Favre...
Don't want to be saying same thing about the Aaron Rodgers era too...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I love the draft and develop approach I believe in signing a few pieces as well...

We didn't win multiple SBs with Favre because he threw interceptions at an unbelievable rate for the 2nd half of his career as a packer in the playoffs. The numbers are astounding actually.

Rodgers has blame here too. Holding onto the ball too long has been his worst habit as a player.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'll "Appear" in Oakland, Buffalo, Cleveland, or Tennessee
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
They have no hopes of making the playoffs... no reason to gamble on a proven pass rusher who's up there in age.

greenNyellow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy does nothing in the run game. In fact on runs he is always out of position and never responsible for his gap. He is a one trick pony in a 4-3.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah I wonder what might have happened if Holmgren hadn't quit on us...especially during the second Super Bowl appearance .

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Disagree. He can't play LB for us. Not enough time to learn the defense. He's also never been a LB in the NFL. He's WAY too small to be a DE for us. Basically, his only worth would be as an outside pass rusher on obvious passing situations. He's way too expensive for a guy who might get 8-10 snaps per game for us.

Members online

Latest posts