1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Jarret Bush

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by fvre4mvp, Nov 13, 2006.

1. fvre4mvp

fvre4mvp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed on sunday he was the first gunner on the ball on almost every punt. I read about him having great potential on this site. Is there any word on him and if he'll get more PT?

2. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Blackmon had better get more PT before he does. Bush is probably just as good/bad as Dendy

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    whoever earns\deserves more PT should get it.

4. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    some panthers fans were talking up bush. hope they're right. has pj pope seen any PT?

5. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Is he a good cover man?

6. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The thing with Bush is that I believe he had the skills and physical ability and measurables (IE speed) to be a solid if not great CB.

He didn't have the best technique, and had some lapses that were a result of the NFL level of talent.

I also believe he had some strength problems that would create problems for him in the coverage scheme the Packers use.

He has had a while to practice using improved technique, but I believe it takes a while to get comfortable with the adjustments in technique and to make sure that when you become tired towards the latter stages of the game, you don't resort to using the old technique because it is "easier". I would think that is why they are limiting Bush's PT right now, but he is said to have a bright future.

7. thetombradyhater

thetombradyhater Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    is this the guy we claimed off waivers a while back an pantherd was like "you guys are lucky he's good (paraphrasing)"?

8. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bush appears to be a monster on special teams, hwoever that is probably the limit of his success in the NFL. The Packers have Woodson, Harris, Dendy, and Blackmon ahead of him on the depth chart, and they will probably add another CB during the draft or free agency next year.