James Starks' Future.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a guy who who have kept around, and it seems like every season we need him. He seems to not only compliment Lacy well, but also when he is given the primary role he can fill it well.

On Sunday night he ran for 95 yards on 20 carries. Sure, he fumbled and that SUCKED but he always seems to run hard, run well, and have good YPC. I guess what I am getting at is that I don't want to see him go.

Do you think he sticks around after this season? I hope so, I want to see him remain a Packer until he decides to hang it up.

Oh, and FWIW, I think on one of those goal line situations we were in we should have gave him the ball at least once. We were at like, the 2 yard line and went 5 wide each time. I know that Rodgers can run, but Starks can run better.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a guy who who have kept around, and it seems like every season we need him. He seems to not only compliment Lacy well, but also when he is given the primary role he can fill it well.

On Sunday night he ran for 95 yards on 20 carries. Sure, he fumbled and that SUCKED but he always seems to run hard, run well, and have good YPC. I guess what I am getting at is that I don't want to see him go.

Do you think he sticks around after this season? I hope so, I want to see him remain a Packer until he decides to hang it up.

Oh, and FWIW, I think on one of those goal line situations we were in we should have gave him the ball at least once. We were at like, the 2 yard line and went 5 wide each time. I know that Rodgers can run, but Starks can run better.

He's been a valuable asset, although I wish his ball security was a little better at times. He picks up blitzes well, a must in the Packer offense.

I don't know how much longer he or John Kuuuuuhn will be with us after this season, but they both have made a positive impact on this franchise.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Starks will be 30 in February, I think he will still have some tread on his tires, won't be looking to be a starter and will eventually retire as a Packer.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks was awesome against Seattle! He's a true Packer, does his best when called upon.. I think Starks was the MVP of the game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
almost 500 touches

7 fumbles in 6 years

6 fumbles rushing 1 fumble after a pass..

Lost 4

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
In March of 2014 he signed a two-year, $3.166 million contract according to rotoworld. This year he'll be paid $1.475M, that's a bargain for what he provides the Packers IMO. He will be 30 in February but he doesn't have as many miles on him as the length of his career would indicate. I can see them re-upping him on a similar deal but it probably depends upon what they think of the youngsters Harris and Crockett.

D

Deleted member 6794

With Starks turning 30 years old in February I don´t think he will receive a ton of interest in free agency. Therefore the Packers should be able to bring him back for a similar deal he signed during the 2014 offseason.

Members online

Latest posts