James Jones?

farfam1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't you all seem to think that James Jones should have a huge game tomorrow? With the Gnats secondary being all banged up, they're gonna key on on Driver and Jennings. I would think that Jones should be open a lot and be covered by either LB's or safeties--advantage Pack and Jones. I'd put him on the outside and test them a couple times, then switch it up and let him run a slant for a TD! If we can get a lead and shut down their runnning game, we're on the way to the big one!

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones had a pretty good game that week we played them, but I think with the emergence of Ryan Grant, Jones will be under the radar.

But you gotta look at guys like Koren Robinson, Ruvell Martin, and Donald Lee too. Last time, the Giants had trouble covering the tight ends... so look for Lee and Franks to get a lot of looks whether or not Grant makes a powerful impact.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of our receivers are good. Our TE's too. If they double ANYONE, someone will get open.
I think Driver is gonna have a HUGE game.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Cheesey is right. Jennings will get double-coverage, and Driver single on anyone is a mismatch. Favre will exploit that mismatch all day long.

I also look for our TEs to have big days.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
with THIS secondary? playing against the Packer WR corps? I wouldn't be surprized if EVERY Packer receiver caught a TD pass...

OP
OP
F

farfam1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they're gonna clamp down on both Driver and Jennings as best they can. That's why I think Jones or maybe Lee or KRob might have big games. Not that I wouldn't love to see Donald catch one over the middle and take it to the house. He deserves it!!!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they're gonna clamp down on both Driver and Jennings as best they can. That's why I think Jones or maybe Lee or KRob might have big games. Not that I wouldn't love to see Donald catch one over the middle and take it to the house. He deserves it!!!
I've been listening to the "talking heads" this week, and they have been saying Driver is PUMPED for this game. Thats an extra reason why i think he's gonna do good. Plus, they interviewed him, and you could tell he wants to be big in this contest.
Not that I'm taking ANYTHING away from Jones, Jennings, K-Rob or anyone. DD just looked STOKED!!! :D

OP
OP
F

farfam1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As pumped as DD might be, and as much as I would love to see him go for 200 yards and 2 or 3 TD's, I think he might be playing the role he's been playing so well all year--decoy. He's by far the best receiver we have and that's why he is always double covered with a DB and a LB underneath. Take that LB away and you've got either single or no coverage on the TE (Lee) or a huge single coverage mismatch with either of other two receivers. They just don't have enough guys to match up with our offense. That's why I'm hoping the weather will be agreeable enough to be able to throw the ball. Go Pack!!!

Toddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love James Jones, he is my equal favourite player. I really hope he has a huge game and as you said he has a good chance to do that. Also I agree with everyone else that the Giants will be concentrating on Driver and Jennings so K-Rob, Martin, Lee and Franks have all got a good chance to have a big game as well.

Reaction score
I expect the Packers to be run a lot of shotgun formation to counter the Giants blitzes.

3 wide (Jennings/Jones/Driver), 1 TE (Bubba or Lee), and one RB (Grant/Morency).

You have the luxury of making a TE drop back and play as a FB, since both of our TEs do a solid job of blocking/blitz pick-up. That buys you time, enough time to run short routes. You have to have help on either Driver or Jennings, if not both.

I think Jones will have a lot of field to work with, so I expect him to make a few catches. Yards aren't important for me, make the short catches that give you short third downs and move the chains.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, Jones should get open and make a few catches. It was great to see him make that big catch early in last week's game, as he had been so quiet toward the end of the season.

I agree with others here that all of our WR's have a chance to do well. Let's not forget that Donald Driver led the Packers in catches and yards. He is due for a big game. But if they go all-out to lock him up, that will be fine, as Jennings and the others are capable of making plays.

The wild card is the weather. It's been years since I've seen a game played in this kind of cold, and with the way the NFL is always changing the balls and how they're prepared for the games, there's a chance that they could be slippery.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.....it's gonna be hard to throw OR catch a ball in this weather. But at least we have Favre and the WR's we have. That should still give us a big edge. And if Grant can get going, the great Giants D won't know WHO to go after.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm saying Jones will have a decent game, I'm hoping DD has a big game, and we may need Donald Lee (or Bubba) to come up big (I'm not sure how the Giants D does against a good TE).

packerfan22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hope that DD finds the end zone today, because I believe he only had 2-3 touches during the season and its time one of our best star players finds the end zone. I know he says he doesn't care and that just reflects the kind of man he is but come on its about time he get rewarded with the big one I think. Grant is going to have a big game and I think Jones is also going to have a big one and ultimately I see us heading to Arizona.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone notice that the Giants have been playing better since Shockey got injured? He does play hard, but you have to know that he is a distraction to that team sometimes. Also, Tiki is such an afterthought it's not even funny. He might have been more of detriment to their locker room than not as time goes by.

Members online

Latest posts